Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Harman's Luxury Audio Division Introduces Flagship Lexicon SL-1 High-End Adaptive Speaker

https://www.audioxpress.com/news/har...aptive-speaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Harman's Luxury Audio Division Introduces Flagship Lexicon SL-1 High-End Adaptive Speaker

Oh boy. Who wants to be the first to buy this speaker?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Super Moderator

Re: Harman's Luxury Audio Division Introduces Flagship Lexicon SL-1 High-End Adaptive Speaker

Me?

Ha!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Ok Joe, you let us know.

Oh, can you take some measurements too. That's very important on the accuracy.

Stereophile should review them. For forty grands they look like robot toys.
    But they should measure well, and easy to do from anywhere in the measuring room.

They remind me of the $85,000/pair B&O Beolab 90, but those Lexicon are much much much uglier ... looking like a speaker phone from Apple or Amazon or Huawei "Alexa" type that you put anywhere in the living room where there are no walls and that you can talk to for tuning the AM/HAM radio and raise the volume by remote controlled voice instead of a hand wand.

IMO they look terribly ugly and I wouldn't get a ten-yard stick near them.

I thought Munich High End Audio Show was a serious town for Audiophiles.

Ok, this is Friday night and I'm mixing fun humor with a bit of straight truth.
    I have no clue how those terrible looking Lexicon (Harman luxury's Division) $40,000/pair of speakers sound like in real life, zero. But if their looks are an indicator might as well put them by the swimming pool (inside, under water).

~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

They look like disco lava lamps.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Oh boy. Who wants to be the first to buy this speaker?
    I was looking for that TV thread, a Samsung TV replacement that only lasted five years or so. But I couldn't find it; it must have vanished. It was your favorite thread I think.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Wow. Tough crowd. Its an active wireless solution. Just stream your music / home theatre audio and you're done.

In an age of 'smart homes' and 'connected devices', like it or not, wireless loudspeakers are a trend. Lots on display at the recent Munich Hi End show.

By one account i've read, the global wireless speakers market is projected to reach revenues of more than $27 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of approximately 17% during the forecast period*. Doesn't necessarily mean there is a market for this particular speaker - but wireless speaker projected growth in general looks very healthy.

*Source: Arizton, Wireless Speaker Market - Global Outlook and Forecast 2018-2023
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

For forty grands thank you very much. And they truly are ugly. Plus what the financial markets analysts predict about tomorrow's speakers has nothing to do with bright people, but only with money investors.

Those speakers look like Alexa Google's speakers for background music while showering.
    ...Or taking a sauna. ...Or in the whirlpool. ...

Harman/Lexicon can do better than that. ...In my honest humble opinion.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

For what its worth I agree with you on the looks Bob.

Merely pointing out the concept behind this product i.e. wireless amplified loudspeakers - just feed your audio stream, is seeing strong customer demand and increasing manufacturer support.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Twitter and midrange all around the speaker? isn't that weired?

they supersized the alexa radio. an ugly mbl? I would be interested in how they sound and they wouldn't be the ugliest speakers i've owned, that said I don't happen to have $40k laying around to check them out.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Harman's Luxury Audio Division Introduces Flagship Lexicon SL-1 High-End Adaptive Speaker