How important are power cables for linear power supplies ?
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping for some experienced comments on this post. I am wondeing about the cable from the lps to the wall socket and also the cable to whatever device the lps is powering router,modem,switch,etc.
    stereo : Kronos Sparta / Miyajima Madake / Tron Seven Reference Phono / Lumin U1 streamer / Lampizator Big 7 / New Audio Frontiers Stradivari Line Stage / New Audio Frontiers Reference 845 Mono SE / Marten Coltrane Soprano / Artesania Audio Exoteryc rack

QNAP TVS-471

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How important are power cables for linear power supplies ?

Differences in audiophile power cords are way over rated!
    The cord is only a small percentage of the entire series circuit that extends to that big power company transformer down the street.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA1 View Post
    I am hoping for some experienced comments on this post. I am wondeing about the cable from the lps to the wall socket and also the cable to whatever device the lps is powering router,modem,switch,etc.
    Hello

I started off at the get go repurposing power line cables that were in a drawer so never knew what they contributed until I swapped one out last week that was stranded to solid core on a LPS feeding a modem and switch. I have a review on here, “The Digital Front End”.

The difference was obvious as the cord was breaking in with the ups and downs of the process -

I’ll know better later this week as the cable will be north over 100 hours and I’m also pulling an Ansuz of my Transport I stopped using other then HDMI in for Apple TV and see what it does. If it’s not a big difference with the Transport/Apple and crazy good on the modem it will stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How important are power cables for linear power supplies ?

On the floor after replacing the Audio Quest NGR with my Ansuz C into the Keces.

I just don’t get why this is improving the sound even more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

5. Likes Puma Cat liked this post