Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lumin L1 Blue light flickering, not found in Lumin application

We had thunder storms today and I powered off all my audio equipment. After powering everything back on the Lumin L1 just has a fast flickering blue LED and no other LEDs are on. The Lumin app doesn’t see the L1. Please don’t tell me I need to reformat.

It is the 5TB model.
    MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp, SST Son of Ampzilla II Amp, PS Audio Directstream DAC w/Bridge II, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, ELAC 3070 Sub, Roon Nucleus w/8TB SSD storage

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - HiFi Rose RS250, KEF LS50W Nocturne Speakers

Re: Lumin L1 Blue light flickering, not found in Lumin application

Please power cycle the L1. Then check that the network port LED in the L1 flashes, and the network port LED at the switch / router also flashes for the L1 network connection.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I tried the power cycle and confirmed I had an internet connection at the router and at the L1. I plugged the L1 into my iMac via the USB cord and I get the same behavior, a constant blinking blue light and blinking LED lights on the LAN port (no LAN connection, just USB cord to iMac).

The iMac never recognizes the L1 is connected via USB. I tried two different USB 3.0 cords.

i also swapped the HDD in the L1 as it seemed the HDD in the L1 was doing a lot of searching. No change flashing blue light on front button.
    MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp, SST Son of Ampzilla II Amp, PS Audio Directstream DAC w/Bridge II, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, ELAC 3070 Sub, Roon Nucleus w/8TB SSD storage

So, with either network connection or USB connection, the L1 behaves the same and blinks blue quickly?

Any red LED?

Any green LED?
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Yes whether hooked up via USB or to the LAN the front Red and Green LEDs never light up. Only the Blue LED flashes rapidly.

I'm sorry but this sounds like it requires repair.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Once again, after communicating with Peter Lie via email he solved my problem by suggesting I try a different 12V wall wart. Sure enough that fixed the problem. I am a devoted, happy Lumin customer and I know of no other audio company that provides such a high level of personalized service like Lumin.

Thanks Peter for going above and beyond (again)!

Stephen Seay

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin L1 Blue light flickering, not found in Lumin application