Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Power Cords: 2019 State of the Art?

Good evening all.

Just curious what's new in the power cord business?
    Heard good things about the Purist Diamond and the Shunyata Sigma, but thought I'd ask.
    Also if you found differences between PCs feeding Active subs/Amps/Sources etc..

Re: Power Cords: 2019 State of the Art?

Audioquest Hurricane and Dragon.

Audioshark

The best power cords I’ve played with were system dependent and it may surprise some to learn that mixing and matching cables can have some real benefits. I enjoy the Shunyata Sigma NR from the wall to the bass unite of the horns and Shunyata from the wall to the power conditioner. From there, it depends on what amp/preamp/sources I’m using but I’m typically between Shunyata Sigma NR or AudioQuest Hurricane or Dragon.

I’ve recently picked up Analysis Plus and the Ultimate Power Oval was quite impressive. Stay tuned...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mix n match for sure Mike. There's the Manufacturers' "Flavours" and then each of ours specifically.
    I use Ear to Ear HC PCs for my subs, amps and Memory player, but the Siltech Ruby Mountain II for the DAC.. Yumm

Trying to decide between Shunyata Sigma and Purist Audio Diamond. Maybe try before buy..

Lot's of new marketing department copy, that's about all.
    Why would someone thing that changing a few links in a long chain could make the chain stronger?

I have been very happy with the move to Transparent Opus on my amps.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Finland, that´s somewhere in Northern Europe

Another one for Transparent, 5th Gen XL.

another vote for Hurricanes and Dragons... maybe someday soon someone will be able to do a new shoot out with the top 4 or 5 names. I suspect the winner will not be as much about sound, as it will be about price points... Yes, there are differences in sound, but it's getting to be a tighter and tighter margin of difference.
    Jeremy

Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Power Amp: VAC 200iQ (stereo)
    Source/DAC/Preamplifier: MSB Reference DAC (Femto 77 / Dual Powerbase)
    Power: Shunyata Triton V3 / Shunyata Typhon QR / AQ NRG 20 Outlet / Dedicated 20 amp circuit
    -------------
    Power Cables: AQ Dragons to components / AQ Hurricane to Typhon QR
    Speaker Cables: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1
    Interconnects: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1 (XLR)
    Ethernet: AQ Vodka > Aqvox SE > AQ Diamond > MSB Reference DAC
    Racks: Critical Mass Sotto Voce with Black Platinum shelves

I’ve been extremely satisfied with my AudioQuest Hurricane Power Cords. Sound quality is terrific, build quality is bulletproof and the price is really reasonable for all you’re getting.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Musicfirst View Post
    Mix n match for sure Mike. There's the Manufacturers' "Flavours" and then each of ours specifically.
    I use Ear to Ear HC PCs for my subs, amps and Memory player, but the Siltech Ruby Mountain II for the DAC.. Yumm

Trying to decide between Shunyata Sigma and Purist Audio Diamond. Maybe try before buy..
    Hi Kerry,

I just saw your Signature line. Congratulations on becoming a dealer!

Best of Luck,
    Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Musicfirst View Post
    Good evening all.

Just curious what's new in the power cord business?
    Heard good things about the Purist Diamond and the Shunyata Sigma, but thought I'd ask.
    Also if you found differences between PCs feeding Active subs/Amps/Sources etc..
    Here is what I use throughout my system, the good old plain standard power cord:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Co.../dp/B0027JRMD0

Seriously, I don't believe in audiophile power cords, I have heard them make no difference or even causing harm to the sound. Some of my audiophile friends are also abandoning them. Better put your money elsewhere in the system.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

All of my PCs are Shunyata - Sigmas, Anacondas, Alphas and a few Deltas.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Hi Kerry,

I just saw your Signature line. Congratulations on becoming a dealer!

Best of Luck,
    Ken
    Thanks Ken, enjoying the challenge for sure!

I'm a big Synergistic Research fan so I'll ad the Atmosphere X Euphoria and Galileo SX.
    Just replaced a few of the Wireworld Platinum Electra's i've been using with some of these and can tell right away,right out of the box, they bring an improvement.
    It's not even close to being a fair fight.
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The best power cords I’ve played with were system dependent and it may surprise some to learn that mixing and matching cables can have some real benefits. I enjoy the Shunyata Sigma NR from the wall to the bass unite of the horns and Shunyata from the wall to the power conditioner. From there, it depends on what amp/preamp/sources I’m using but I’m typically between Shunyata Sigma NR or AudioQuest Hurricane or Dragon.

I’ve recently picked up Analysis Plus and the Ultimate Power Oval was quite impressive. Stay tuned...
    Mike, what are you finding with other Analysis Plus cables? Especially new Silver Apex ICs, SCs?

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Mike, what are you finding with other Analysis Plus cables? Especially new Silver Apex ICs, SCs?
    At this stage, TBD. I haven’t tried them yet, but I’m very impressed with the PC’s on the MSB.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    I'm a big Synergistic Research fan so I'll ad the Atmosphere X Euphoria and Galileo SX.
    Just replaced a few of the Wireworld Platinum Electra's i've been using with some of these and can tell right away,right out of the box, they bring an improvement.
    It's not even close to being a fair fight.
    +1
    Galileo SX is fantastic, I found it brings better
    improvement on Diablo 300 than DAC.
    I wonder how AQ dragon fairs with it.

My dealer just lent to me a Shunyata Delta NR power cord. I am using it as a replacement for the Pangea AC-9. Wow! It certainly makes a difference in my fledging high-end system. Music has never before seemed so well-integrated and lifelike. The only problem is the Delta’s price, which is $800 for its shortest (1.75 meter) length.
    Jonathan

Age is a mental construct.

System: Theta Casablanca V preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DAC; Theta Compli SACD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Hana SL cartridge; PS Audio Stellar phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 4K player; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; McIntosh MC611 mono amplifiers (3); Revel Ultima Studio/ Voice/Embrace speakers (L/C/R and sides); Arendal 1723 speakers (surrounds); SVS SB-16 (2) and 3000 Micro (2) subwoofers; Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo 19/3 linear power supply; Richard Gray's Substation; Shunyata 6000/S, 2000/T (2), Venom PS10, Hydra (2), and Defender (2) power conditioners; Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables; Audioquest, Cardas, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Cullen, and Shunyata power cords.

JVC RS 3100 projector; MadVR Envy Extreme II video processor.

Quote Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
    My dealer just lent to me a Shunyata Delta NR power cord. I am using it as a replacement for the Pangea AC-9. Wow! It certainly makes a difference in my fledging high-end system. Music has never before seemed so well-integrated and lifelike. The only problem is the Delta’s price, which is $800 for its shortest (1.75 meter) length.
    Looks like you have a very nice system there. IMHO Shunyata stuff is worth it. Made in the USA , real objective science behind it. Very transparent with their technology to the consumer. The team at Shunyata ( Caelin , Grant and Richard )are always helpful and friendly to consumers/end users. The products have great resale value.

You can’t go wrong with any of their power cords. If thought delta was amazing ; wait till you hear the higher end alpha and sigma nr.

if delta is too much ; they did just release their new venom Nr cords.

This is an interesting thread, so I thought I would revive it. It’s really all about the synergy between the component and the power cord, and the type of sound you desire.

On my MSB Select II DAC, the Analysis Plus Ultimate Power Oval is an excellent match if you prefer a high level of detail and transparency. The AudioQuest Hurricane Source is also an excellent match if you prefer a smooth treble, warm and thick midrange and weighty bass.

On my Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps, which use tubes in the input and first gain stage and solid state in the output stage, I actually prefer the stock copper power cords that came with the amps to several other more expensive options.

The moral of my story is try different power cords on each component and go with the power cord that sounds best on each individual component, regardless of brand or price.

Ken

Power Cords: 2019 State of the Art?

I believe with experience good cable from the panel terminated with spades attached to a good receptacle supports the continuation of a good power cable to distribution or direct.

Many flavors of cables, at all levels that will benefit your system!

Really impressed with Furutech’s FPS55N cable, spades and GTX NCF receptacles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Hi Ultrafast69, I'm using the Furutech DPS-4.1 cable with the same NCF GTX connectors. Very happy. I don't think Furutech gets the credit they deserve.
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Penthouse-D View Post
    Hi Ultrafast69, I'm using the Furutech DPS-4.1 cable with the same NCF GTX connectors. Very happy. I don't think Furutech gets the credit they deserve.
    I never heard anything negative about Furutech.

I have no experience with their cable from the receptacle to the component, but from the breaker to the receptacle it really adds something special!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

On my MSB Select II DAC, the Analysis Plus Ultimate Power Oval is an excellent match if you prefer a high level of detail and transparency. The AudioQuest Hurricane Source is also an excellent match if you prefer a smooth treble, warm and thick midrange and weighty bass.
    Agree AQ Hurricane on MSB DAC is quite nice. Although mine is Discrete, I find your description spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Agree AQ Hurricane on MSB DAC is quite nice. Although mine is Discrete, I find your description spot on.
    Thanks kzhtoo! I am currently enjoying the silky smooth sound of two AudioQuest Hurricane Source Power Cords with my Select II DAC. However, Mike has created the opportunity for me to demo two AudioQuest Dragon Source Power Cords with my Select II DAC in the near future. That Mike is a wilely tempter. Stay tuned.

Best,
    Ken

Thanks kzhtoo! I am currently enjoying the silky smooth sound of two AudioQuest Hurricane Source Power Cords with my Select II DAC. However, Mike has created the opportunity for me to demo two AudioQuest Dragon Source Power Cords with my Select II DAC in the near future. That Mike is a wilely tempter. Stay tuned.

Best,
    Ken
    Only heard good thing about Dragon. It’s next level up and Select II deserves nothing less.

Nordost Odin

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I have all Ansuz X power cords except for 1 Aq Hurricane which I move around from one component to another just for poops and giggles. Those basic Ansuz X pc’s have nothing to apologize for.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    I have all Ansuz X power cords except for 1 Aq Hurricane which I move around from one component to another just for poops and giggles. Those basic Ansuz X pc’s have nothing to apologize for.
    No doubt, Ansuz performs well, a top contender!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Welcome to the Forum hogen
    haven't heard Odin , but would be interesting to hear Odin 2
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Thanks I have a mix of Odin1 and Odin2 power cables. They are both excellent, though the Odin2 is even better unfortunately.
    Speakers: Adyton Imagic 2.0 TC (line source), Subs: Audio Physic Minos x2, Amp: Adyton Cordis 1.7 Silver Signature, Pre: Burmester 077, RIAA: Burmester 100, Kondo GE-1, Consolidated MU-metal stepup Phono: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr, Avid Acutus Ref. SP, Bergmann Galder, Technics sl-1000r, Michell Gyrodec, Arms: Acoustic Signature TA9000Neo, SME V with NO cabling, Bergmann Odin, SME 309, Thomas Schick 12´, FR64S, PU´s: Lyra Atlas SL, Kiseki PH, DS Audio W2, SPU 85th ann., VdH Colibri XGW Master Sig. Strad. Cables: Nordost Valhalla2, Odin1 and Odin2, Power: Adyton 6kw trafo, Burmester 948, Isotek Supertitan, Nordost QRT QX2, QX4, Qv2, Rack: Aavik titanium rack, Absolare, Kanso wall-shelf, NO Sort Kones TC, BC, Sort Fut, Ansuz Darkz B:TC, Grounding: Nordost QKORE6
    System 2: Kondo Overture PM2,, Michell Gyrodec, Naim NDX streamer, Burmester 113 DAC, Avantgarde Uno XD, Nordost Valhalla, Audio Insight Isovolt 3 kw trafo.

Hi All,

My vote goes for Ansuz as to me they are heads and shoulders above any today of the brands that I have run through my system. OK, so I am extremely biased perhaps being a totally dressed Ansuz person. However, when an Odin 2 mains cable got very beaten of an Ansuz A2 Mainz cable, that was game over for me. Or, Ansuz just fit my system very well but I heard so many systems jump in SQ with Ansuz Mainz cables I doubt it. My experience so far and not only in my system, an Ansuz Mainz cable may just be a better choice than going for better electronics. Ansuz is not low cost for sure but even at the 'budget' entry level of Ansuz the advantages are clearly noticed meaning any could have a slice of that Ansuz cake. But try for your selfs…
    Sadly Ansuz get very little press in the US, I guess there are lobbying powers from established brands….

Well, the truth is out there/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Bump, double post!
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post

My vote goes for Ansuz as to me they are heads and shoulders above any today of the brands .......However, when an Odin 2 mains cable got very beaten of an Ansuz A2 Mainz cable....... an Ansuz Mainz cable may just be a better choice than going for better electronics....... I guess there are lobbying powers from established brands….
    well, selling cables needs lobbying, just as you do yourself.
    there is no brand that is head and shoulders above all others.
    improvements over the years are VERY small, while you can read weekly reviews about cables described to make night&day differences.

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    well, selling cables needs lobbying, just as you do yourself.
    there is no brand that is head and shoulders above all others.
    improvements over the years are VERY small, while you can read weekly reviews about cables described to make night&day differences.
    I have no affiliation with Ansuz! Anyway, until you do your own review/comparison I guess this is the view that I would have as well. Sometimes game changers show up...

All the best/Mike

yes, but all gamechangers of the last 30 years have been overwritten by mk2 a year or two later

I had an entire system of AudioQuest Hurricanes. I enjoyed their sonic signature: smooth treble, warm and thick midrange and full weighty bass. Seeing that I was looking for more, Mike suggested that I demo the AudioQuest Dragon Source on the two power supplies of my Select DAC. I honestly was stunned at the degree of improvement that I heard. Significantly more transparent and detailed, terrific layering, lifelike timbres, much larger soundstage, 3D imaging with amazing depth. More ease, sweetness and refinement. I swore I would never spend Dragon money on power cords. But now, maybe just a few.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    yes, but all gamechangers of the last 30 years have been overwritten by mk2 a year or two later
    I would say that Ansuz has presented a game changing way of addressing this field of snake oil abundance. Anyway, the proof is in the listening to their products and make up your own mind first.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Hi All,

My vote goes for Ansuz as to me they are heads and shoulders above any today of the brands that I have run through my system. OK, so I am extremely biased perhaps being a totally dressed Ansuz person. However, when an Odin 2 mains cable got very beaten of an Ansuz A2 Mainz cable, that was game over for me. Or, Ansuz just fit my system very well but I heard so many systems jump in SQ with Ansuz Mainz cables I doubt it. My experience so far and not only in my system, an Ansuz Mainz cable may just be a better choice than going for better electronics. Ansuz is not low cost for sure but even at the 'budget' entry level of Ansuz the advantages are clearly noticed meaning any could have a slice of that Ansuz cake. But try for your selfs…
    Sadly Ansuz get very little press in the US, I guess there are lobbying powers from established brands….

Well, the truth is out there/Mike
    I also heard the comparison between Odin2 mains cable and various Ansuz mains cables, and I do not share your conclusion But I do respect your opinion of course
    Speakers: Adyton Imagic 2.0 TC (line source), Subs: Audio Physic Minos x2, Amp: Adyton Cordis 1.7 Silver Signature, Pre: Burmester 077, RIAA: Burmester 100, Kondo GE-1, Consolidated MU-metal stepup Phono: Acoustic Signature Invictus Jr, Avid Acutus Ref. SP, Bergmann Galder, Technics sl-1000r, Michell Gyrodec, Arms: Acoustic Signature TA9000Neo, SME V with NO cabling, Bergmann Odin, SME 309, Thomas Schick 12´, FR64S, PU´s: Lyra Atlas SL, Kiseki PH, DS Audio W2, SPU 85th ann., VdH Colibri XGW Master Sig. Strad. Cables: Nordost Valhalla2, Odin1 and Odin2, Power: Adyton 6kw trafo, Burmester 948, Isotek Supertitan, Nordost QRT QX2, QX4, Qv2, Rack: Aavik titanium rack, Absolare, Kanso wall-shelf, NO Sort Kones TC, BC, Sort Fut, Ansuz Darkz B:TC, Grounding: Nordost QKORE6
    System 2: Kondo Overture PM2,, Michell Gyrodec, Naim NDX streamer, Burmester 113 DAC, Avantgarde Uno XD, Nordost Valhalla, Audio Insight Isovolt 3 kw trafo.

ansuz is on my shortlist and so are the borresen loudspeakers.
    i was adressing your way of overpraise of what is objectively possible.
    imho there is no best speaker, amp, soure or cables....or at least nothing that is a full level above the rest. no cable is able to produce quality which is not already in your componets. they may let your gear play at theyr best, thats all.
    however, enjoy your ansuz loom, certainly topgrade.

Finding this interesting. How expensive do you have to go before you hear a difference? I've bought custom made copper and pure silver (very expensive). I have top of the range furutech connectors and some out of the box power chords too. In all I have 8 different power cables and a very very resolving £75k system. I can't hear any difference whatsoever between any of them and basic chords. I can hear very big difference between interconnects and speaker cable. So still very confused about this whole subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim F View Post
    Finding this interesting. How expensive do you have to go before you hear a difference? I've bought custom made copper and pure silver (very expensive). I have top of the range furutech connectors and some out of the box power chords too. In all I have 8 different power cables and a very very resolving £75k system. I can't hear any difference whatsoever between any of them and basic chords. I can hear very big difference between interconnects and speaker cable. So still very confused about this whole subject.
    this is very subjective. I personally can hear major differences between power cords. Maybe it has to do with the quality of the equipment you’re running?

this is very subjective. I personally can hear major differences between power cords. Maybe it has to do with the quality of the equipment you’re running?

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtmike76 View Post
    I agree. As I moved up the Shunyata line I heard a difference between the existing cord and the new cord. To be honest, it would have been less expensive to just start with the top of the line instead of working my way up.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I agree. As I moved up the Shunyata line I heard a difference between the existing cord and the new cord. To be honest, it would have been less expensive to just start with the top of the line instead of working my way up.
    Hi Bud,

That goes double for me with the Dragons.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtmike76 View Post
    .......................................... Maybe it has to do with the quality of the equipment you’re running?
    Could be. Equipment with poor power supply design might be more susceptible to AC power line noise.

It could be due to power line noise. This can offset the favorable impact of an improvement in power cords. Invest in a Voltage/EMI meter and take some measurements. I found the results to be revelatory in my system.

Ken

Synergistic Research Galileo SX
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Power Cords:  2019 State of the Art?