Arc ref160s - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Arc ref160s

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Arc ref160s

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Awesome! Very pretty. Beats the heck out of the old REF150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike, are you referring to the REF 150 or the SE version? BTW, I understand that the REF 160S weighs 100 pounds. Where is the extra weight coming from?? Larger trannies?

BIF

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Have you had a chance to listen to the new CD6SE. I own a REF CD-8. Thinking about a swap to get into streaming. Any thoughts? How do the redbook ops compare between the CD-8 and CD6SE?

BIF
    System description: VPI Classic "2.7" (basic Classic turntable plinth, with Classic 3 tone arm base and SS wand; upgraded stock Classic 600 rpm motor for 300 rpm motor); Lyra Kleos cartridge; VPI periphery ring and SS clamp; 35 pound maple TT slab base; ARC PH-8 phono pre; ARC Ref 6 linestage; ARC Ref CD-8 CD player; ARC Ref 150 SE power amp; Paradigm Signature 8 (v3)speakers w/ BE dome tweeters; Kimber Hero I/Cs; Kimber speaker cables.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bifwynne View Post
    Mike,

Have you had a chance to listen to the new CD6SE. I own a REF CD-8. Thinking about a swap to get into streaming. Any thoughts? How do the redbook ops compare between the CD-8 and CD6SE?

BIF
    Just at the show. Can’t really comment.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

MIke

On this point we have to agree to disagree -I prefer the old Ref 150 look, the new look reminds me of a microwave. I also have concerns re how the perspex facia will age?

Now if ARC can bring out a solid face Ref160s then they might have my interest. For the moment, old school rules for me.

Regards

J

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Awesome! Very pretty. Beats the heck out of the old REF150.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2