New Flat Screen - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Flat Screen

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Flat Screen

Enjoy! I have a 55" Sony OLED and love it. OLED stock is doing nicely also. Big royalty play on OLED screens...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steinkrieg View Post
    I just got a 75 inch Sony Z9F. It is great. I got the LED version because I have a bright room. If the room was darker I would have purchased the A9F (which is OLED).

One cool thing with these TV's is the new feature that auto calibrates the picture with Netflix. It looks fantastic... like as perfect as I could ask 4k to be. Some reviews out there mention the Z9F does not have the level of contrast that would be expected at the top level of Sony's line, but it has not bothered me one bit.
    I have had the 75” Sony Z9D for three years and love it. Absolutely fantastic TV.
    Bud

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for preamp, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, have you considered a front projector?
    Anthony
    Analog: VPI CLASSIC 3/Ortofon A95> Nordost Valhalla XLR> ASR Basis Exclusive> Wireworld Gold XLR--->

Digital: AURENDER N10> Nordost Valhalla AES/EBU> CARY 306 SACD PRO>> WW Plat XLR--->

===> Cary SLP-05>> WW Gold XLR> Bryston 28B-SST2>> WW Silver> MARTIN LOGAN SPIRES

[Shunyata/Furutech/Blue Circle/SRA/Adona/ Stillpoints/Track Audio/GIK Acoustics]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by asindc View Post
    Dan, have you considered a front projector?
    No.
    Dan

Definition of a committee: The unwilling selected from the unfit to do the unnecessary for the ungrateful.

Post Thanks / Like

My local Costco has a 65" (4K 240 motion, no OLED of course) down to $375 (as of this past Tuesday). I'm getting tempted even though we don't watch much TV.

Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,SoundsmithZephyrII+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Doshi3.0 Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacMicroModel2
    Dig Play-Lampi Pacific, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-Herron 360Pre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-Symmetrical Power&ArtKelmGroundOneIsoTrans,AudioDiskVinylClean er,AirTightRecordFlattener, Scott Rust cables
    Music-15KRecs(90%classical),1KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs ,50TBripped files

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by astrotoy View Post
    My local Costco has a 65" (4K 240 motion, no OLED of course) down to $375 (as of this past Tuesday). I'm getting tempted even though we don't watch much TV.

Larry
    There are large variations in the quality of LED/LCD TVs, I'd strongly suggest checking out the specific model before purchasing or make sure you have the option for a full refund. Don't be too tempted by such a low price, better quality generally costs more and higher long term satisfaction often justifies the additional expense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2