PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3

I'm considering replacing my Monster HTPC 7000 with one of these. I'm currently connecting my streamer, dac and preamp to the HTPC 7000, which is what I would do with the regenerator. My power amps and speakers are plugged into dedicated 20A circuits (one for each channel).

Anyone have experience with this PS Audio device? Do you think I'd see any improvement with the PS Audio vs my current conditioner? The HTPC has a non-detachable power cord. I've been contemplating replacing it with a DIY cord, but don't want to do this if I'm going to trade it in.

I think my power is fairly clean. The pole transformer is right outside my house and looks like it feeds three houses, one of which has been unoccupied for a couple years. But we do have occasional lightning. Voltage varies between 122 and 124 (according to the display on my HTPC 7000).
    Windows PC Roon Server, Bryston BDP-2, Schiit Yggdrasil, Parasound JC2, Nord SE NC500 Mk II MB Rev D (Sparkos OpAmps), GoldenEar Triton 2+, Monster HTPC 7000, DH Labs cable loom (Power Plus PCs, D-110 AES, Revelation XLR, Q-10)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3

No one switch from a conditioner to a PS Audio Power Plant for source components?
    Windows PC Roon Server, Bryston BDP-2, Schiit Yggdrasil, Parasound JC2, Nord SE NC500 Mk II MB Rev D (Sparkos OpAmps), GoldenEar Triton 2+, Monster HTPC 7000, DH Labs cable loom (Power Plus PCs, D-110 AES, Revelation XLR, Q-10)

Post Thanks / Like

JayT

Several years ago I switched from a Shunyata Hydra conditioner to a PS Audio power plant. I found that the backgrounds got blacker and images were better defined. I've since upgraded two different times to get to the P20 Power plant I currently employ. These are well designed, effective enhancements. How they would compare to the latest conditioner technology I do not know. That said, I don't ever see me going back to a passive conditioner from the Power Plant.

Cincy
    MSB Select II DAC
    D'Agostino Momentum M400 Monoblocks
    Magico M3 Speakers
    Magico Q-Sub 15 subwoofers
    Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and interconnects
    PS Audio P20 Re generator

Post Thanks / Like

When I had the P10, things also got quieter in addition to what Cincy mentions above.

I also had my amps plugged in and one day tripped/reset the P10 do to power demand so ended up back at distribution.

I’m a fan of PS Audio, great products at good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. Have either of you (or anyone else) used the Power Plant just for front-end components (up through pre-amp) only, with power amps directly to the wall? It looks like you both have very revealing systems - do you think the improvements you've described would be noticeable on a lower-priced system.

My power conditioner may have been ok in its day, but it's now 20 years old (although it's been in storage for much of this time), so I would think a newer device should be noticeably better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JayT View Post
    Have either of you (or anyone else) used the Power Plant just for front-end components (up through pre-amp) only, with power amps directly to the wall?
    Not exactly. At one time I used two separate smaller P5's - one for my amps and one for the front end. Each was plugged into a separate dedicated 20A circuit. I believe you would hear audible improvements in any system by cleaning up the input power.

Cincy
    MSB Select II DAC
    D'Agostino Momentum M400 Monoblocks
    Magico M3 Speakers
    Magico Q-Sub 15 subwoofers
    Transparent Opus Gen5 speaker cables and interconnects
    PS Audio P20 Re generator

7. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post