Gryphon Mojo S Review - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

Hi Alex - another great video. Excellent insight into Dynaudio. Maybe you should do same with Gryphon?!

Yes, after a while I came to much appreciate what Serenity did with the Mojo. It gave great smoothness, refinement and body to the sound It played very well at low volume; but became a little too 'thick' at higher volume. When I put the Naim cable back in it sounded more airy, neutral, faster but not quite so emotive. The greatest difference was soundstage with Serenity = huge; with Naim cable it shrank too small. What I really need is something right in the middle Naim's airiness and attack and Serenity's soundstage. This week I test AQ Thunderbird and Jorma.

Look forward to the 30 report. They'd have to be very, very good to push out the Mojo. I do wonder whether the 3-way design would enable greater coherence compared to Mojo's 2-way.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalPie View Post
    Hi Ian!
    Thank you for your kind words!
    I also do photography.
    My first education is a cameraman.

Have you tested Serenity with Mojo?
    In principle, this cable should not hide details in music. It is considered to be both detailed and melodic.

Confidence 30 should be brought to our salon next week.
    I will listen to them carefully. It's hard for me to say better Mojo or better Confidence 30.
    I need to listen carefully to them together.
    Confidence 30 is completely different. Another twitter, another "character" in the music.

Dynaudio. No2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQiTkChc-Q&t=1s

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ian!
    Soon I’m going to the Kharma Audio factory!
    To the town of Breda, the Netherlands!
    You guessed it ... the tour to the Gryphon Audio Design is scheduled for early next year)

I know the cables from Jorma well.
    I often listened to them with Marten Audio speakers.
    But I don’t know how they will play with Gryphon Mojo.

In this competition, I bet on AQ)

Next week I am going to an exhibition in Warsaw.
    After that I will write about the Confidence 30 tests!
    Alex

P.S. Subscribe to my channel on YouTube) There are many interesting things)

Quote Originally Posted by eagle3333 View Post
    Hi Alex - another great video. Excellent insight into Dynaudio. Maybe you should do same with Gryphon?!

Yes, after a while I came to much appreciate what Serenity did with the Mojo. It gave great smoothness, refinement and body to the sound It played very well at low volume; but became a little too 'thick' at higher volume. When I put the Naim cable back in it sounded more airy, neutral, faster but not quite so emotive. The greatest difference was soundstage with Serenity = huge; with Naim cable it shrank too small. What I really need is something right in the middle Naim's airiness and attack and Serenity's soundstage. This week I test AQ Thunderbird and Jorma.

Look forward to the 30 report. They'd have to be very, very good to push out the Mojo. I do wonder whether the 3-way design would enable greater coherence compared to Mojo's 2-way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alex,

Another very nicely recorded video and I've now subscribed to your channel.

I'm still waiting for the AQ and Jorma. Next week, I think. I'll let you know what happens. I also think the new Essence amplification will give me the slightly softer edges I seek - Class A power. Look forward to hearing that next year. Perhaps you'll hear it at a show soon? Your video has got me thinking back to Pantheon for the bigger soundstage/extension/coherence, but at 12 feet wide, my room is just not quite wide enough, I think. If I move house, perhaps...

Enjoy Kharma!

Quote Originally Posted by TechnicalPie View Post
    Hi Ian!
    Soon Iím going to the Kharma Audio factory!
    To the town of Breda, the Netherlands!
    You guessed it ... the tour to the Gryphon Audio Design is scheduled for early next year)

I know the cables from Jorma well.
    I often listened to them with Marten Audio speakers.
    But I donít know how they will play with Gryphon Mojo.

In this competition, I bet on AQ)

Next week I am going to an exhibition in Warsaw.
    After that I will write about the Confidence 30 tests!
    Alex

P.S. Subscribe to my channel on YouTube) There are many interesting things)

4. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

..oh - and I notice those 30's have subs in that picture! I'd rather buy 60's than a pair of top-end subs!

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

..oh - and I notice those 30's have subs in that picture! I'd rather buy 60's than a pair of top-end subs!
    With subs you can EQ and control the bass in the room. You canít with the 60ís. Audiophiles aversion to subs is astonishing.

There is a reason the leading speaker manufacturers also make subs. Itís not for a deficiency in their speakers, itís for a complete listening experience and control over the most difficult thing in a room: the bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

7. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comment, Mike. My remark comes from 1) a level of some ignorance and 2) a wish to minimise eqpt. I agree about 'control' re: bass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    With subs you can EQ and control the bass in the room. You canít with the 60ís. Audiophiles aversion to subs is astonishing.

There is a reason the leading speaker manufacturers also make subs. Itís not for a deficiency in their speakers, itís for a complete listening experience and control over the most difficult thing in a room: the bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes TechnicalPie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!
    I remember when, in 2016, Rune introduced the new Mojo.
    I recorded the video then)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xApNG6MuqC8&t=2s

Hi Alex,

Another very nicely recorded video and I've now subscribed to your channel.

I'm still waiting for the AQ and Jorma. Next week, I think. I'll let you know what happens. I also think the new Essence amplification will give me the slightly softer edges I seek - Class A power. Look forward to hearing that next year. Perhaps you'll hear it at a show soon? Your video has got me thinking back to Pantheon for the bigger soundstage/extension/coherence, but at 12 feet wide, my room is just not quite wide enough, I think. If I move house, perhaps...

Enjoy Kharma!

Post Thanks / Like

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4