Gryphon Mojo S Review - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gryphon Mojo S Review

Excellent Alex! These are the baffle, curved tweeter section and hex thing behind the tweeter. Much look forward to hearing your thoughts. The Mojo is really stunning for getting every piece of information out of the recording. Itís very fast and totally changes the timing of sounds compared to Contour. In a good way. Very true to a live performance with no frequency hikes for added but fake performance. The bass also incredible for its size. But I find that unless I play a little louder it can sound a bit boxey. Not as big a stage as Contour. Maybe because Mojo isnít fully broken in - maybe 40hrs so far. Or because it is a small box and not a big floorstander. Still outperforms itís size though. And the materialisation is so strong it can still be a little fatiguing in long sessions. Confidence isnít like that but I fear it wonít have the same speed as Mojo. Contours overhang on notes is quite beautiful but lacks dynamism in music that should excite. Confidence brings the musicians into the room more. I guess if I really want to know I need to get the 30ís back in for another demo. What I would love to know from you is difference between 30 and 50. I could maybe stretch to 50 if there was more resolution in the lower frequencies. I found the 30 a bit too light in this area. The 50 is just a few hz lower than 30 and Iím surprised the cabinet is slimmer - but taller. Main question is does the 50 give more body than the 30? Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ian, how is Mojo?
    Are there any changes in the sound?

Dynaudio Confidence 50 and 60 I liked more than 30!
    30 gave a clamped sound and did not show volume at low frequencies. There was also no sound volume in female and male vocals. Perhaps the whole thing is in amplifiers (Sim Audio), which did not fit specifically to the 30 model. At the same time, the tandem with 50 and 60 was great! In my opinion, it makes sense to buy 50. This is a high-level speaker for many years!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Alex, thanks so much for those excellent observations. I thought the 50 might be more serious. Mojo has opened out. Until yesterday though I thought the highs a bit too hot. Then had idea to reduce volume from my dac from -4db to -10db. Problem solved and soundstage much more expansive. These perform miracles for their size. I think I’m going to go for them! Where can I see your videos?

I find the Mojo bass is more realistic of a live performance and 'present' than in the 30's. Does it have more presence in the 50? Or does it, again, give way to the midrange?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3