Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Front Row Center
    Posts
    2,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    Haa haa , Mike they will fit easily at suncoast .....


    They Will Come ..!



    Regards

  2. Likes bzr liked this post
  3. #22
    Audioshark
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    24,294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Haa haa , Mike they will fit easily at suncoast .....
    I can’t hear you! No room for Trio’s/XTreme. No. No. No.

    Ok, there’s room.

    You’re a bad man!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

    "We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

    Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

    https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Front Row Center
    Posts
    2,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio


  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    i could read War and Peace in the time it takes to slog through that thread. whats the cliffNotes version?
    Now that's funny!
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    I very much admire the courage to get that neolith fitted in the room. Now, that’s an audiophile and same reason why I’d never call myself audiophile.

  7. Likes Mike liked this post
  8. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    east of Seattle
    Posts
    421
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    I had Kharma Exquisite 1D's in a 12' x 18' x 10.5' room. those speakers were not tall, but were wide and dense (550 pounds each). yes, I could over-drive the room, but it sounded amazing. the room had a great shape, I did fine tune it, and it took many years in my new large dedicated room before I found the magic I had in that smaller room. it helped that my small room had a tall, stepped ceiling......which allowed it to breathe a little.

    yes, a larger space has a higher ceiling (sorry for the pun) than a smaller room, but also more is happening to deal with.

    and now, 15 years in, my efforts for the larger room are finally fulfilled. and my wallet fully emptied.

    smaller rooms can have some magic going on. they do have to be able to handle the bass energy from the speaker reasonably. it helps with adjustable bass of some fashion. we see this in show systems all the time, just too much bass to handle for the space with much SPL's.

  9. Likes UltraFast69, Al M., a.wayne liked this post
  10. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    i could read War and Peace in the time it takes to slog through that thread. whats the cliffNotes version?
    Then search for just my posts within the thread where I've outlined in detail my dream speaker thoughts, criteria, and reviews for Rockport, Wilson, Gamut, and YG so far. I've learned a lot through my discovery - in fact, that several of these I don't consider an actionable "upgrade" to my Devores. The YG Sonja 2.2 has by far been my biggest revelation for dynamic driver speakers - which surprised me as its a relatively inefficient speaker.

    The most difficulty has been getting a suitable horn demo - they don't exist in SoCal. Cessaro is in NYC, Mike/AG in Tampa, etc. I tried to hear big Cessaros on a personal trip to NYC two weeks ago, but the distributor sorta bagged on me (sigh).

    Tune Audio is showing the Anima at Long Beach and will be distributed from LA after that point - so I will have a full-fledged horn demo coming. If that floats my boat and I want to pursue horns, I will likely come to Tampa for a serious AG demo.

    Mike is right that a lot of posts are people who didn't read the OP and what my criteria are which is frustrating, but that's forums for you. What I've also learned is *every* speaker even at this level has faults. Also, room and budget of course are important - or I'd just have trios w/ basshorns which continues to be my favorite demo of all time (Jim Smith take a bow).

    Finally, I know what I want in a speaker and sound in general. I don't just go hearing things to hear them - I think that is what gear swappers don't get (sorry whitecamaroSS). Figure out your top 3-5 criteria and create a list of speakers that are known to go in that direction.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ 47 Labs MC Bee cart, MSB Premier DAC --> Music First Baby Reference v2 --> Audio Research Ref 75SE --> DeVore Fidelity Gibbon X

  11. Likes UltraFast69, Mike liked this post
  12. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,531
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Then search for just my posts within the thread where I've outlined in detail my dream speaker thoughts, criteria, and reviews for Rockport, Wilson, Gamut, and YG so far. I've learned a lot through my discovery - in fact, that several of these I don't consider an actionable "upgrade" to my Devores. The YG Sonja 2.2 has by far been my biggest revelation for dynamic driver speakers - which surprised me as its a relatively inefficient speaker.

    The most difficulty has been getting a suitable horn demo - they don't exist in SoCal. Cessaro is in NYC, Mike/AG in Tampa, etc. I tried to hear big Cessaros on a personal trip to NYC two weeks ago, but the distributor sorta bagged on me (sigh).

    Tune Audio is showing the Anima at Long Beach and will be distributed from LA after that point - so I will have a full-fledged horn demo coming. If that floats my boat and I want to pursue horns, I will likely come to Tampa for a serious AG demo.

    Mike is right that a lot of posts are people who didn't read the OP and what my criteria are which is frustrating, but that's forums for you. What I've also learned is *every* speaker even at this level has faults. Also, room and budget of course are important - or I'd just have trios w/ basshorns which continues to be my favorite demo of all time (Jim Smith take a bow).

    Finally, I know what I want in a speaker and sound in general. I don't just go hearing things to hear them - I think that is what gear swappers don't get (sorry whitecamaroSS). Figure out your top 3-5 criteria and create a list of speakers that are known to go in that direction.
    I think it's exactly what gear swappers do get. They want to hear things for the sake of hearing them in their system. More power to the gear swappers who have the cash to churn and burn through equipment, just don't expect me to give them congrats on every new piece of gear they buy that we all know will be for sale before dust has a chance to settle on it.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

  13. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another happy Constellation client of Suncoast Audio

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lavigne View Post

    yes, a larger space has a higher ceiling (sorry for the pun) than a smaller room, but also more is happening to deal with.

    and now, 15 years in, my efforts for the larger room are finally fulfilled. and my wallet fully emptied.

    smaller rooms can have some magic going on. they do have to be able to handle the bass energy from the speaker reasonably. it helps with adjustable bass of some fashion. we see this in show systems all the time, just too much bass to handle for the space with much SPL's.
    Yes, I cannot get the ultimate in orchestral performance in my room, but I realized over time that it does have its advantages. I can get a superb sound quality in my 24 x 12 x 8.5 ft room for which I would have to pay much, much more in a considerably larger room.

    The mere fact that I can work with monitors in the room, achieving high SPLs, has considerable advantages, even though of course for ultimate performance you need (very expensive) large speakers in a large room. As for bass, I can of course easily adjust it on the subwoofer volume.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Tripp Lite 1000HG isolation transformer (only digital front end) / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3