Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

--
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Re: Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

In the rotating now ::

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

I'm too new to post images yet, but I've been listening to Chandos' SACDs of Lutoslawski's Orchestral works Vol 3 & 4.
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Bachtoven View Post
    I'm too new to post images yet, but I've been listening to Chandos' SACDs of Lutoslawski's Orchestral works Vol 3 & 4.
    Only four more posts to go.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

This new Biber SACD from Challenge Classics is superb:

biber.jpg
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

Yea! I'm a big boy now--I can post links!

Very cool, and you're into Classical music from multichannel SACDs too.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Very cool, and you're into Classical music from multichannel SACDs too.
    Yep--classical m-ch SACD comprises about 95% of my listening.

That's very good; I believe the world needs more quality multichannel Classical music around (@ surround sound).
    ...And more of them quality music recordings and more of them quality music listeners.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

It's a niche market but fairly strong, too. My wife is convinced that I singlehandedly keep it alive!

It's a niche market but fairly strong, too. My wife is convinced that I singlehandedly keep it alive!
    Indeed, and I'm proud to be part of that niche. ...You're not alone; tell your wife.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

--

* The 5.0 multichannel DSD layer from this excellent Hybrid SACD. ...Birds love that music too.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

That new Rachael Podger is indeed lovely. I wish I liked this new Channel Classics SACD of the Katona Twins more...the sound is not as crisp as clear as usual, and there is far too much direct sound in the rear channels--I have to listen to it in stereo or via headphones. The music and performances are fantastic, though.

That new Rachel Podger is indeed lovely. I wish I liked this new Channel Classics SACD of the Katona Twins more...the sound is not as crisp as clear as usual, and there is far too much direct sound in the rear channels--I have to listen to it in stereo or via headphones. The music and performances are fantastic, though.

Rachel Podger; all her playing (from all Channel Classics record label) is admirable! ...Music that touch the soul directly.
    ...And that makes you forget all the superfluous stuff in this world.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Indeed. I have all of her Vivaldi and Bach recordings...pure magic. Oh my, this gem arrived today. Many critics have said it could well be the definitive Beethoven set once they complete it, and I can't disagree! The playing is fantastic (the opening of Op.95 is almost startling in its vehemence) and the sound has stunning clarity and presence.

Contains the 3rd Piano Sonata and Handel Variations by Brahms, and Sofia Gubaidulina's Chaconne for solo piano.

--

----
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

This is a long time favorite of mine. I love guitars.

61Xe8zR9ikL._SY300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

This disc is out of print, so it's a bit pricey, but what glorious music, playing, and sound.

Audioshark

Can anyone here PM me a best sounding classical recording that I can get on vinyl? I don't have a single classical LP. I would like one that is sonically one of the best (or the best if there is such a thing). I get classical music fans come over and I don't have any vinyl for them to listen to. Thanks.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Can anyone here PM me a best sounding classical recording that I can get on vinyl? I don't have a single classical LP. I would like one that is sonically one of the best (or the best if there is such a thing). I get classical music fans come over and I don't have any vinyl for them to listen to. Thanks.
    PM inbound
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

It's nice having a version of Bruckner's 9th with the completed 4th movement, but recording in a cathedral with about 4 seconds of reverb sort of kills the clarity!

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

This is a superbly played and recorded SACD of concertos and symphonies by CPE Bach. I've heard warmer period instrument string tone, but it's still a fine sounding disc.

Wow...this is easily one of the best harpsichord (and virginal--he uses both) recordings I have ever heard. Mr. Demeyere's instruments are there in the listening room, but it doesn't sound dry and claustrophobic. It would make a fantastic disc for evaluating the mids and highs in potential new speakers. Oh yes, the music and playing are fantastic as well!

It's on the Challenge Classics label.

I'm glad you share your Classical music selections Bach; it sure does expand my musical horizon, ty.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Audioshark

Wow...this is easily one of the best harpsichord (and virginal--he uses both) recordings I have ever heard. Mr. Demeyere's instruments are there in the listening room, but it doesn't sound dry and claustrophobic. It would make a fantastic disc for evaluating the mids and highs in potential new speakers. Oh yes, the music and playing are fantastic as well!

It's on the Challenge Classics label.
    I'll definitely have to get this one. Thanks for sharing. I love the harpsichord.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

You both are very welcome.

--
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

I'll definitely have to get this one. Thanks for sharing. I love the harpsichord.
    I forgot to mention that it's an SACD, but I see that you have two Oppo players, so you are good to go! (It doesn't make much use of the rear channels.)

Jaw-dropping playing meets state of the art sound.

That ^ I'm going to sample immediately! ...The p.i.a.n.o. is my favorite instrument, and Maurice Ravel' s compositions are from the heavens.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Audioshark

Thanks to the good folks on AS for this recommendation (on vinyl)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Northstar, No MP3 sample can begin to convey the quality of sound on this disc, but you can get a glimpse of her interpretations!

Thanks to the good folks on AS for this recommendation (on vinyl)
    I took this picture at my Mom's place (it reminded me of it).

-- 2008_0101Image0133.JPG <- Click on.

* From Mike's post #141 just above; the attached thumbnails (album's cover picture).
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Northstar, No MP3 sample can begin to convey the quality of sound on this disc, but you can get a glimpse of her interpretations!
    Ok, I'll simply purchase the SACD; I fully trust your classical music taste.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

^^Dang, that's a lot of pressure!

No, it's just the simple truth.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Thank you.

No, thank you to you.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Oh lordy what a recording! This disc will certainly test the resolving capabilities of your system, and it made for one heck of an awesome break-in disc for my new speakers! The brass ensembles range from an intimate 4 players to a massive 26, some with organ accompaniment, and 3 solo organ pieces. This disc screams out for multi-channel playback!

Keep at it; I'm going to be happy to spend some smart $$ on some beautiful multichannel (SACD) classical musik ♪♪ in 2014.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :