Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums : - Page 127
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127
Results 1,261 to 1,268 of 1268
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

Quote Originally Posted by astrotoy View Post
    We saw great Pollini perform at the Salzburg Festival in 1987, playing the Debussy Etudes. He wasn't a young man then. Not all pianists can still play well at age 77!

Larry

Hi Larry,

It must be a memory that you cherish.
    Attending a concert of such a great musician fuels the energy of the soul.
    I always feel a glow in my body when I think of a performance that grabbed me in the past.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Halgorythme - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

Tchaikovsky - String Quartet No. 1 - Souvenir de Florence
    Novus Quartet
    Lise Berthaud
    Ophélie Gaillard

Qobuz 24/88.2

Energetic yet delicate, I do like their style of playing!

[COLOR="Green"]After an audacious first-record dedicated to Webern, Beethoven and Yun, the young musicians of the Novus Quartet interpret with passion two essential works of Tchaikovsky’s chamber music: the First Quartet and the Sextuor « Souvenir de Florence » – for this work, the musicians are joined by two guests, cellist Ophélie Gaillard and violist Lise Berthaud. These two works, which are like milestones in the career of the Russian composer (the first is written in 1871, the second in 1887), show Tchaikovsky’s inclination for popular melodies. Clarity and technique serving musical expression, the fiery strings of the Novus Quartet spread a warm sound that impresses by its homogeneity, intensely invites to melancholy in slow movements, and fully transcribed the exaltation of Tchaikovsky’s poetic universe. © Aparté
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Halgorythme - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Post Thanks / Like

Classical Music Only | What You're Listening to Now, Or Very Recently | Any Mediums :

La Folia Barockorchester, Vivaldi 4S.

This is quite nice, if your system is resolving enough to hear it: they don’t play in a studio, but in a castle (Palais im Grossen Garten in Dresden). Also, the entire ensemble plays instruments as they were built in the Barock period. Thus you can e.g. hear that the violins sound smoother than modern instruments, as they are playing gut strings instead of metal-wound nylon.

Stockfisch recording quality is always pristine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: AMG V12 + AMG 12j2 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC/ Cardas Clear Beyond Phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Grandinote Celio/ Aurender N100H with Curious USB/ Synology NAS with Roon and HD Plex linear PSU with Shunyata HD/ AQ Diamond RJ45 + AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Ayre KX-5 Twenty/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs + power cables/ Magico S3 mk2/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ REL S5 SHO/ REL Blue/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+ Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

4. Likes bart liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sueye Park
    Love Derwinger
    - Salut d'amour
    Qobuz 24/96

What a talent!
    She was 17 when she played these light tunes.

Post Thanks / Like

Highly enjoying this:

Beethoven - Symphony No. 2
    Schubert - Symphony No. 8 'Unvollendete'
    Brahms - Symphony No. 3 - Poco allegretto
    Intercontinental Ensemble TRAVELING LIGHT
    trptk label
    Qobuz 24/96

I was at an audition yesterday, and I heard the Studio Master of the Brahms piece.
    Ben, the co-owner of the shop also is co-owner of the label.
    Fantastic recording as usual from trptk!
    I'll buy the 5.0 DXD mix when our system is ready for it.

Why I like this album especially.
    You all know I adore the transparency of the Kuijken approach (less singers, less instruments), where one can appreciate better the melody lines in the work.
    One might say the extreme example of this is the String Quartet which is orchestral music reduced to the bare minimum and as thus an art in itself.
    Here we get a nonet with 9 great international musicians, with Belgian violinist Ernst Spyckerelle who did the arrangements.
    Schubert's 8th will probably be my favourite version of all times, it is that good!

Heartily recommended.

The label has switched from Tidal to Qobuz, because the latter is so much better in sound quality said Ben, but as said, I will download the DXD Studio Master, because this 24/96 stream tastes good, but I want the full monty!

Post Thanks / Like

Rihm - Requiem-Strophen
    Chor und Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Mariss Jansons
    Qobuz 24/48

Very powerful work.
    World premiere recording.

Wolfgang Rihm's Requiem-Strophen is a magnificent work. The composer, who was long contained with avant-garde circles, shows us here that he is also Brahms' direct heir - the formal parallels with Brahms' German Requiem are obvious in the lyrical tenderness of the most contemplative moments. Requiem-Strophen - created in 2017 by the same Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra who recorded it live here - combines Latin and German, mixing both the sacred biblical texts (the "Requiem" as well as passages from the Bible) with the secular poems ("stanzas") of Rilke, Michelangelo and Johannes Bobrowski. The orchestral writing, powerfully modern and yet in tune with all the music of the past, displays sounds that are disturbing at times, reassuring at others, but always fascinating. Undoubtedly Rihm's Requiem-Strophen joins the elite group of great Requiems in the history of music: Mozart, Britten, Brahms, Duruflé, Verdi, Penderecki, Berlioz and Fauré, to name of few of the best. © SM/Qobuz

Post Thanks / Like

Johann Gottfried Müthel - The 5 Keyboard Concertos
    Marcin Świątkiewicz, harpsichord
    Arte Dei Suonatori
    Qobuz 24/96

A nice discovery.
    Somewhere between baroque and classical.
    This is a splendid ensemble, and the album is a true sonic delight.

Post Thanks / Like

Vaughan Williams & Elgar: The Lark Ascending; Tallis Fantasia...
    Pinchas Zukerman & The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Marvelous MQA Recording

Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

10. Likes Kuoppis liked this post

Page 127 of 127 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127