Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

New Cardas cables in the house

IMG_0291.jpg

I got my new cables today to complete my power requirements of my system.

I should be receiving the Lumin T2, GigaFoil and Keces power supply by tomorrow.

This is always the fun part.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Super Moderator

Re: New Cardas cables in the house

Awesome! Congratulations. I am a big Cardas fan and am thinking of adding back a few more cables. Let us know how they sound in your system.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Just hooked up the power cords to my amp, NAD M12 and Oppo 205. Too early to judge too much. But, the sound is a bit forward and clearer. I was using a ByBee power cord to my amp. That may be why. It's a bit more layed back.

Also just received my next package.

Keses P3 and GigaFoil.jpg

Tracking shows the T2 is in Portland, Oregon. So, I'll have tonight to listen via my computer etc.
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Darrel,

How do you like the Clear Cygnus speaker cables? I've been giving them a serious look.
    Focal Sopra 2, MC452, C2300, MCD1100, MT2 w/Hana SL, HRS, Bel Canto Stream, Schiit Yggy, AQ Niagara 5000 w/Hurricanes, WW Silver 7’s.

Hi Sid325. The first Cardas Clear Cygnus cables I brought into my system were XLR interconnects from the NAD to the amp and speaker cables from amp to the A3s. That was a few months ago. The clarity in sound was quickly noticeable over the Harmonic Technology speaker cables I was using. The "Clear" in its name is well deserved. And with the addition on my latest power cables I'd say it is maintained from the Lumin T2. I'm running the Cardas power cable from the wall to the AQ1000 and then to the amp. As well as the same cable to the NAD and Oppo. I've made a lot of changes in the past week so I'm still evaluating and adjusting things. Mainly my subs at this point. If you have used Cardas in the past. And know how they work to your sonic taste. I'd say they are a improvement. In the past the best Casdas cable in my old system were the Cardas Cross interconnects which I really loved.

My system is all WW silver eclipse 7’s, except for my speaker cables. I have a pair of Acoustic Zen hologram 2’s I’ve been using, never changed them out. I have a friend who is a big Cardas fan, and got me interested. I like that they’re a US company too.

Jacob
    Focal Sopra 2, MC452, C2300, MCD1100, MT2 w/Hana SL, HRS, Bel Canto Stream, Schiit Yggy, AQ Niagara 5000 w/Hurricanes, WW Silver 7’s.

Mixing and matching cables can be tricky. Do you have a Cardas dealer local that will lend you cables to evaluate? Or even your friend for that matter. Also the fact that they are built in Oregon is a plus for shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Mixing and matching cables can be tricky. Do you have a Cardas dealer local that will lend you cables to evaluate? Or even your friend for that matter. Also the fact that they are built in Oregon is a plus for shipping.
    I never knew Cardas was in Oregon. let alone Bandon. (Southwest Coast of Oregon, about 100 miles north of Crescent City CA). Related for information; Tara is located in Medford Oregon, and Shunyata here in Washington; 3 cable companies in the Great Northwest!
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I never knew Cardas was in Oregon. let alone Bandon. (Southwest Coast of Oregon, about 100 miles north of Crescent City CA). Related for information; Tara is located in Medford Oregon, and Shunyata here in Washington; 3 cable companies in the Great Northwest!
    It’s crazy. My grandpa lived in Bandon for 20 years before he passed and my Aunt lives there now. Never knew....

Quote Originally Posted by sid325 View Post
    It’s crazy. My grandpa lived in Bandon for 20 years before he passed and my Aunt lives there now. Never knew....
    Glad I could help reduce the degree of separation between knowledge and relevance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Today I completed my Cardas cable upgrades. As shown in my signature all of my cables to my components are Cardas Clear line of cables. Only the ehternet cables are of another brand. My pockets aren't that deep. I chose Supra Cat8 audio 2.0 USB and ethernet for my digital end. My SVS subs just use basic AudioQuest power cords.

I have to say my system has never sounded so musical, clear, detailed. There is a calm and natural energy to my system like I have never heard before.

Audioshark

Great cables. Congrats!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Today I completed my Cardas cable upgrades. As shown in my signature all of my cables to my components are Cardas Clear line of cables. Only the ehternet cables are of another brand. My pockets aren't that deep. I chose Supra Cat8 audio 2.0 USB and ethernet for my digital end. My SVS subs just use basic AudioQuest power cords.

I have to say my system has never sounded so musical, clear, detailed. There is a calm and natural energy to my system like I have never heard before.
    Darrel, Happy to hear the results, look for forward to hearing those Magico’s sing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Ed and Mike. I'm curious to hear your impressions since your last visit Ed.

Congratulations! Sounds like you are enjoying them a lot. That’s what it’s all about.
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-twelve Mk2 DAC, Totaldac d1-player, Totaldac d1-streamer, Totaldac Live Power supply
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo SX speaker, phono, analog and digital interconnects
    Power products: Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX and Transporter Ultra. Galileo SX and SRX power cords. Keces P3 LPS for cable modem and router.

I have never tried a Cardas cable. I live three hours away from them. I have met both Mr. and Mrs. and bought some of their connectors from them when I had my hobby audio business. Same with Tara. I hope your new items work well for you.

Just replaced the VPI phono cable with the Cardas Clear Beyond (CCB). I’ve had it since yesterday. So far, so much more revealing with a broader stage, better imaging, more detail and a more controlled bottom end. The VPI was a good value cable but the CCB is a much better performer - not fully broken in!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Just replaced the VPI phono cable with the Cardas Clear Beyond (CCB). I’ve had it since yesterday. So far, so much more revealing with a broader stage, better imaging, more detail and a more controlled bottom end. The VPI was a good value cable but the CCB is a much better performer - not fully broken in!
    Good to hear, and knew this would be the case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    I also have the Cardas Clear Beyond Phono in my system. I tried many alternatives like Lyra, several AQ, JPS, Thales etc. and it is the best for my system I could find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Can someone talk about Cardas Clear Cygnus, please ?
    I hesitate to buy one without listening it.
    Thanks

Envoyé de mon Note 9P en utilisant Tapatalk
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

I do have Cardas Clear Beyond ICs and phono cable, and they are wonderful!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC is the best purchase i've ever done in my high end audio journey period!
    Much better than any component upgrade, they are that good.
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

glad for you thieliste. so any harshness has gone vs the gryphon cales?

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    glad for you thieliste. so any harshness has gone vs the gryphon cales?
    Completely gone yes and i have serious bass now and insane level of musicality.
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

cool. so no need to switch speakers

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team