Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: MotoGP

MotoGP

A couple friends and I went to the MotoGP race last weekend in Austin. Here are a few videos for those interested:

https://youtu.be/sPcYGT7a_xU

https://youtu.be/junnI79EP3Y
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Re: MotoGP

I hope these work...

Here’s a lap from the Moto2 bikes:

https://youtu.be/mn4UV-__GL8
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Super Moderator

Amazing riding. These guys are fearless.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Cool. I watch every race

They truly are, Joe. This was my first race so I got to see just how quick these amazing machines move in real-life. As with all sports, the speed can’t be fully captured on tv. These riders are in a class of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Amazing riding. These guys are fearless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

That’s neat, AJ. Do you subscribe to the MotoTV service? I’m trying to figure out if that’s the only option for the U.S. (non-cable households).

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Cool. I watch every race

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Do you subscribe to the MotoTV service?
    Use to, now have BEIN sports via Sling

Thanks, AJ.

Use to, now have BEIN sports via Sling

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

MotoGP

Some of the best racing hands down!!! Just Insane. I get butterflies watching some of the views they show.

Isle of Man is right around the corner. THAT is even more ridiculous. I don’t think there is another motor sport that comes close to Isle of Man

Used to ride FZR’s yrs back.

Formula 1 used to be fun to watch
    Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

Isle of Man is just ridiculously exciting. I've owned a lot of the go fast 1000cc Japanese bikes, Ducati, Aprilia etc. Living on the edge like that is so exciting, but when you stop suddenly it hurts. WSBK has my attention at the moment.

I agree; the wheel-to-wheel racing is a thrill to watch. The simpler format (fewer laps, no tire change, etc.) really makes for an entertaining race where the riders can push flat out from start to finish. It really can't be argued that F1 is in the same league as far as race entertainment goes. I wish that weren't the case, but it is what it is.

The Isle of Man race is absolutely insane. There isn't really another way to describe it. The video footage of people right alongside the road is something that needs to be seen to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swisstrips View Post
    Some of the best racing hands down!!! Just Insane. I get butterflies watching some of the views they show.

Isle of Man is right around the corner. THAT is even more ridiculous. I don’t think there is another motor sport that comes close to Isle of Man

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    HRS E1

Cool. I watch every race
    I lost every race , ATT knows how to ruin and ruin Direct TV they did ....

Quote Originally Posted by Swisstrips View Post

F1 used to he real racing, Now its Faux1

Comparing suberbikes vs F1 isn't really fair and I'm sure there are endless comparo's/discussion elsewhere. I totally respect the talent needed for basically all motor sports, but as was stated, the entertainment factor plays a significant role - obviously.

However, the physics at 220mph on a bike isn't even remotely close to that of a car. Both awesome for sure, but really no words IMHO. Just another level.
    Main:
    Room: Dedicated 25 x 14 x 8 treated room | Computers (headless in utility room): Wkst #1 Ubuntu running lifetime ROON server. High end wkst #2 High end wkst running HQE image | Network rack (in utility room): Managed Fiber Switch, QNAP NAS | Endpoint: Fiber to SONORE OpticalRendu w/ LPS, Sbooster USB vbus2 |DAC: Lampi Lite7, Holo Audio S3 KTE, Aqua La Scala MKII Optologic | Pre: Atma-Sphere MP-3 Mk3.3 Pre | Amps: Pass XA100.5 Mono's | Speakers: Revel Ultima Studio2 (Townshend seismic posiums) with Dual PSA X15 sealed subs | Isolation: Components on custom roller bearings + compression springs | Cables: Wireworld Platinum USB / Analysis Plus PC / Gotham 4/4 XLR / AQ spkr / Revelation audiolabs I2s | Server Streamer: Aqua LinQ using HQP modules > I2s to Aqua La Scala

Office: Win10 wkst with Spotify or ROON controller > VDAC-II > VLINK 192 > Yamaha RX integrated > Polk audio signature Monitors >12" sub

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

MotoGP