Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lumin App Issue?

For me, at least, I've had a long-standing issue that I have not been able to figure out or what I am doing wrong.

In my situation, for instance, I have a play list of a couple of albums with several songs in each up and playing. I "swipe" right and bring up the standard page with seven (7) folders including Artist, Album, Recent, Genre, Composer, etc. I select Genre, the Folk-Rock, and then press and hold a particular "Artist" until the pop-up appears that should allow me to place all the selections by this Artist at the "top" of the heap, in the "middle" (below the first line, at the "bottom" of the heap (below the third horizontal line) or, apparently, to replace the current play list. I press and hold either the "middle" or the "bottom" radio button and nothing is added to the current play list. If I drill down further into the Genre/Artist list into the individual albums, I can select and individual album and it seems to add to the current play list. Am I expecting too much when I try and add selections at the "Artist" level where there are three or four albums within that selection?

Thank you.

Re: Lumin App Issue?

I have found that it has always been like that. For example, if I want to a new CD to a playlist then I need to change directory to where the album is located, and then I can add the entire album. For songs I need to change directory into the album, and then add the songs.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Yes my expectations of how the software should work differs from how it does. It's not necessarily right or wrong either way it's simply getting used to it.

Northern California Coast & San Francisco

I find the app to be lacking in many ways and have moved onto Roon which offers far more functionality as well as ease of use. One major failure of the Lumin's app is to show what playlist is currently being played. Seems like a basic necessity! Why isn't it there? And why is a playlist limited to 2,000 tracks? When switching playlists, they take considerable time to load. I've had numerous other issues too.
    Tom
    Ultimate Audio
    SoundLab Dealer

Country System:
    SoundLab Ultimate-1PX Electrostatic Speakers
    Pass Labs XP-32 pre, Pass Labs XA60.8 Amps
    Pass Lab XP-27 phono stage
    SME 20/2 table with SME V arm, Stillpoints LPI
    Minus-K BM-8 passive vibration control under tt
    Dynavector XV-1s, Koeitsu Rosewood Signature cartridges, Klaudio RCM
    Roon Nucleus+ powered by Keces P-8 LPS
    Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    3 dedicated AC lines
    Shunyata Omega PC to Everest for all source devices
    Typhon for each amp powered by 2 dedicated circuits
    Various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout.
    Stillpoints under everything.

City System:
    Ayre KX-R Twenty Preamp
    Pass Labs X-260.8 Monoblocks
    Esoteric K-03 SACD Player
    Roon Nucleus+powered by UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS
    Lumin X-1 Network Music Player
    Sound Lab Ultimate-545PX Speakers
    Shunyata Hydra 8, Typhon QR
    Various Shunyata Alpha & Sigma PC's throughout
    Stillpoints under everything. Multiple room acoustic panels.

I think the Lumin App is the same as the Esoteric Soundstream App. I don't like it. If you want something that works flawlessly nothing beats the Kaleidescape App. But that won't control your Lumin device unfortunately.

I'll check that one out as well. Once the Lumin is set up, the app is not needed for other than the occasional check for and installation of a firmware update. JRemote is also not bad and allows you to stream to just about anything it finds on the network.

That is all I use the Soundstream App for, to update the software on my Esoteric network streamer. Kaleidescape App and Spotify Connect provide everything I need, and work flawlessly.

I used the Linn Kazoo app a few days ago for my D2. because the Lumin app difinitively stopped working on my Samsung tablet. When I enter the lumin app I click on the image of Tidal (in the photo step 1) later to enter my albums or my playlist I click on the following button (in the image step 2) there I am shown restart the app. Am I doing something wrong to get to my albums or playlist? I already uninstalled and reinstalled the Lumin app, (it does not work) then I disconnected from Tidal and returned to logearme there everything works fine, the next day I already have the same error, I mean it does not work.

1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
    Am I expecting too much when I try and add selections at the "Artist" level where there are three or four albums within that selection?
    In case you're using the folder view of Lumin app - Normally you should not use folder view if your have everything tagged properly, there are native album artist views available. Subfolders inside folders are not automatically added to playlist.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by MtnHam View Post
    I find the app to be lacking in many ways and have moved onto Roon which offers far more functionality as well as ease of use. One major failure of the Lumin's app is to show what playlist is currently being played. Seems like a basic necessity! Why isn't it there? And why is a playlist limited to 2,000 tracks? When switching playlists, they take considerable time to load. I've had numerous other issues too.
    1. OpenHome / Linn interoperability.
    2. If you feel a 2000 track playlist takes considerable time to load, any longer playlist will take even longer. Again this is not as fast as it can be due to 1, and is affected by the hardware generation of the iPad you have. We consciously choose to support an open standard, not a proprietary mechanism as some competitors do.

We support multiple control points including Roon, Kazoo, and even JRiver, since everyone has different user interface preferences.

Some of our competitors don't support Roon or other control points. If a user does not like their native interfaces they don't even have alternate choices.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    In case you're using the folder view of Lumin app - Normally you should not use folder view if your have everything tagged properly, there are native album artist views available. Subfolders inside folders are not automatically added to playlist.
    That answers my question and thanks!

If the user would receive an error message or other indication that that was not an acceptable thing to do that might be something to consider in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    We consciously choose to support an open standard, not a proprietary mechanism as some competitors do.

We support multiple control points including Roon, Kazoo, and even JRiver, since everyone has different user interface preferences.
    This was a big positive for me when I was looking at network streaming devices. It's even come up in some conversations: even if the native Lumin application stops being updated or something else happens, Lumin hardware will continue to be usable and you could use a different application for any new features and that can run on new hardware.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin App Issue?