Axpona 2019 - Best of - Page 6
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Axpona 2019 - Best of

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I rejected box speakers a couple years ago and at this time am not looking back. I like the sound of open baffle and Magnepan better. At this time. Who knows what the future holds.
    Couldn't agree more.

Post Thanks / Like

AVShowrooms - Reviewers View – highlights of AXPONA 2019

Source & Acknowledgement: AVshowreports, Published on Apr 18, 2019 see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z810QQa6vSs. Accessed 22nd April 2019.

AVShowrooms AXPONA 2019 wrap up – Reviewer Review – which product or system would the team take home?

1. Peter Breuninger would take the whole Gryphon room home
    2. Kemper Holt would take the Gayle Sanders Eikon active loudspeaker system home
    3. Terry Eringi wants the Borresen Acoustics 05 loudspeakers
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for visiting our room with GT Audioworks.
    We were trying to make A point by exhibiting in a smaller room than what we exhibited last year in Capital Audiofest. Point being that it is not one-size-fits-all which gives you the flexibility of starting out with only. 2 Servo subs per side and adding modules if you desire or move into a larger room.
    What sets GT apart from virtually all speakers is the complete lack of a crossover on the main wideband 6 ft planar panel. The use of neodymium magnets instead of cheap and less magnetic ceramic magnets and a membrane that is not just kapton or mylar- but a proprietary membrane that has taken years to develop that does not resonate that typical planar speakers. This panel and system was measured at over 110db at the show playing Iggy Azzalae, Robin Thicke and Kendrick Lamar.
    Lastly, constrained frame within frame technology to eliminate vibration and pure copper traces unlike the other companies that use aluminum which is not as good a conductor of signal. I can go on and on touting the additional technology- but let your ears be your guide. Please listen to what is presently available and judge for yourself.

4. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Steven,

Thank you so much for posting. Congratulations on an awesome show. I remember listening to your speakers with Luxman at your home. It was a wonderful experience. I’m so happy that you are finally getting the recognition you deserve.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

A correction to my original post in this thread.

"EGT and Ocean Wave" should be

AGD Production amplification and Ocean Way speakers
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joe for your response.
    You may have listened to the BG Radia 880ís or an earlier model from GT Audioworks.
    You are more than welcome to audition the new 3.1 GTARís they are in another league.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,
    The way you explained the whole room thing was really great.
    Thanks for the post.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alexia30 View Post
    Mike,
    The way you explained the whole room thing was really great.
    Thanks for the post.
    thank you. Welcome.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m looking forward to hearing your current system.

I’ll reach out for a demo when time permits.

Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by searay328 View Post
    Thanks Joe for your response.
    You may have listened to the BG Radia 880’s or an earlier model from GT Audioworks.
    You are more than welcome to audition the new 3.1 GTAR’s they are in another league.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2), Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6