Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

OK, I gotta ask.....

.....how do you pronounce Schiit? Thank you.

Re: OK, I gotta ask.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    .....how do you pronounce Schiit? Thank you.
    It's on their home page.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

The "c" and one "i" are silent.
    AKA J2Ordan
    McIntosh/Legacy/VPI/Bricasti/DIYCabling

I had to ask...

All this time I have been politically correct and pronouncing it Shy-t

Just goes to show I didn't know Schiit from Shinola.

Thanks for the help.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

What do I tell my wife when she asks..."What does that say?"

Just tell her to read the label and say it, problem solved or don;t buy it. Simple as that
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Tell her to grow a pair? Lol, j/k
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Believe it or not, it was Mike Stoddard's wife that came up with the name! There is a whole story behind the company, but I can't find the link I once had now. You can probably google it.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophobiac View Post
    Believe it or not, it was Mike Stoddard's wife that came up with the name! There is a whole story behind the company, but I can't find the link I once had now. You can probably google it.
    Well I don't believe it... the two owners of Schiit Audio are are Jason Stoddard, formerly of Sumo, and Mike Moffat, formerly of Theta. So did you mean that Jason's wife came up with the company name?

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Well I don't believe it... the two owners of Schiit Audio are are Jason Stoddard, formerly of Sumo, and Mike Moffat, formerly of Theta. So did you mean that Jason's wife came up with the company name?
    From an Audiostream Q&A Session with Mike Moffat: Dec 22, 2015

How did Schitt Audio come about and can you talk about the name as well the general Schiit attitude?
    It was named by my partner's wife, as a joke. There was endless debate over what to name it. When there was no solution to the naming dilemma, we decided to name and spell it Schiit.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    From an Audiostream Q&A Session with Mike Moffat: Dec 22, 2015

How did Schitt Audio come about and can you talk about the name as well the general Schiit attitude?
    It was named by my partner's wife, as a joke. There was endless debate over what to name it. When there was no solution to the naming dilemma, we decided to name and spell it Schiit.
    Thanks for the clarification - the point of my post #11 above was that there is no "Mike Stoddard", so it was Jason Stoddard's wife that came up with the company name.

Just tell your wife that it stands for "Ship High In Transit" which is the true origin of the word. Back in the day of the wooden sailing ships. The ships would leak water in the storage compartments. So goods that could be damaged were labeled ship high in transit so that they would not get wet.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Yes, sorry. Too many players, can't keep the names straight.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

OK, I gotta ask.....