OK, I gotta ask..... - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK, I gotta ask.....

Quote Originally Posted by Audiophobiac View Post
    Believe it or not, it was Mike Stoddard's wife that came up with the name! There is a whole story behind the company, but I can't find the link I once had now. You can probably google it.
    Well I don't believe it... the two owners of Schiit Audio are are Jason Stoddard, formerly of Sumo, and Mike Moffat, formerly of Theta. So did you mean that Jason's wife came up with the company name?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Well I don't believe it... the two owners of Schiit Audio are are Jason Stoddard, formerly of Sumo, and Mike Moffat, formerly of Theta. So did you mean that Jason's wife came up with the company name?
    From an Audiostream Q&A Session with Mike Moffat: Dec 22, 2015

How did Schitt Audio come about and can you talk about the name as well the general Schiit attitude?
    It was named by my partner's wife, as a joke. There was endless debate over what to name it. When there was no solution to the naming dilemma, we decided to name and spell it Schiit.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

3. Thanks audio.bill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    From an Audiostream Q&A Session with Mike Moffat: Dec 22, 2015

How did Schitt Audio come about and can you talk about the name as well the general Schiit attitude?
    It was named by my partner's wife, as a joke. There was endless debate over what to name it. When there was no solution to the naming dilemma, we decided to name and spell it Schiit.
    Thanks for the clarification - the point of my post #11 above was that there is no "Mike Stoddard", so it was Jason Stoddard's wife that came up with the company name.

Post Thanks / Like

Just tell your wife that it stands for "Ship High In Transit" which is the true origin of the word. Back in the day of the wooden sailing ships. The ships would leak water in the storage compartments. So goods that could be damaged were labeled ship high in transit so that they would not get wet.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Other systems- Parasound A21 amp,Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid tube DAC and Preamp, Magnepan MMG's, Monitor Audio S1's, PSB B6's, Def Tech Pro Monitor 1000's, Velodyne sub, Adcom GFR-700 AVR, Music Hall 25.2 modified CDP, Cables by Cardas Parsec, AQ Columbia DBS 72v, Wire World.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Yes, sorry. Too many players, can't keep the names straight.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2