Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    mauidan

Audience frontRow Audio Cables Review

Re: Audience frontRow Audio Cables Review

Very interesting review. I too have had this feedback recently: Power Cable>Speaker cable>Digital>Signal. Not what I would anticipate historically. I too would give a huge bow of respect to Audience. Their recent series of cable however is expensive. But I guess this is a moving target for any of us and personally used cable is better than new. Value pricing with value added burn in.

I have Audience front row speaker cables. In my system they bested Shunyata sigma, Purist Neptune, Tara labs SX, Wireworld Gold 7 and 8. Amazing cables. Focus and speed, tight textured bass, great airy highs and mids. They need at least 200 hours to show their best. I'm done looking for speaker cables. I think the front row power cords may be equally impressive also. I have yet to try them but 6K for 1.5m is too pricey.

mauidan

Published on July 12, 2019 Miguel Castro
    Hifi Live Magazine
    https://hifilivemagazine.com/audience-frontrow-3/
    Share on FacebookTweet
    I follow the products of the American company Audience for many years, despite never having possessed one
    of their own. Winners of prizes to the best sound and present for many years in the list of components
    recommended by Stereophile magazine, I have always thought that they could be the dream that all fans of
    high fidelity look for. I am referring to those components that we think can look from one to the other to the
    absolute references of their sector, but for a fraction of the price of these. A bargain, or buy a teacher, or
    whatever you want to call them, you understand me ... The fact that many international writers in the sector
    have them in their sound systems, has always helped me to reaffirm my assumptions.
    The previous flagship series of the firm, the Audience SX, I heard in the room of the former distributor of the
    firm in our country with very favorable impressions. This coupled with a few months ago Audience has
    launched a new top-of-the-range series, and that according to contrasted references exceeds its long
    predecessor, I have "forced" to ask their current distributor in our country, Ultimate Audio, a set of said model
    to be able to test them thoroughly. Due to its absolute novelty, and the demands that the distributor has to
    support now in this product, I received a set consisting of speaker cable and an RCA interconnection pair, with
    which I can make a well-founded idea of its benefits, although I cannot completely connect my system with
    them.
    Received in a beautiful semi-rigid case with the Audience logo in the center, they stand out for following a
    design very different from the usual high-end cables. They are very thin, light and not rigid. A few years ago, I
    remember conversations with audio distributors in which they commented that a cable must necessarily have a
    considerable section. It seems that this way of thinking is overcome today with comfortable, practical and
    solvent realizations in the same way. It is clear that an extremely high wire section is not necessary to transmit
    all the musical content of a recording, and only an arduous work of damping and screening can justify a large
    cable diameter. In this case with a frankly moderate section.
    To perform the test I installed the speaker cables at the same time as the interconnection pair, which I decided
    to use to connect the DAC with the line preamplifier, because I think that at that point its influence and sound
    personality is more evident and palpable.
    First of all, the sound offered by the Audience frontRow cables is elegant. It shows a control over the whole
    spectrum of frequencies - and especially in the most severe - exemplary. I have had the opportunity to listen to
    them both with boxes of important size and weight as the Kroma Audio Norma, as with the smaller monitors
    of the Mimě model brand. In both cases keeps the boxes at bay, always leaving in my mind the impression that
    in boxes of great power and benefits are more favored by that domain of the situation they show. I cannot
    recommend only this model for large boxes, because with the small "in size" Mimě sounded fabulous, but its
    control and precision in the way of showing the serious makes them ideal for large realizations of acoustic
    boxes.
    The level of detail of the frontRow is frankly high, and that was something special in the previous model. I
    recently listened to the Au24SX in a demo with the YG Acoustics Sonja 2.2 boxes, where this aspect seemed
    impossible to overcome, but this new series represents a further step in resolution, even matching the most
    important brands in the wiring world, no matter the price level A level of detail of such caliber almost always
    alerts certain fans who relate-erroneously-detail with harshness or even coldness. In this case, this is not the
    case at all. I have already referred to my first impression of elegant sound - impossible to perceive harshly -
    and of control, but to this I have to add the one of extremely faithful in the timbral reality of each instrument or
    voice that we listen to. If a timbre is the correct one is not possible that we find hardness in it, only a
    deformation of the reality or emphasis in certain aspects that break their balance can show us that defect. It is
    not the case…
    Elegance, control, fidelity to the original are aspects that define a great achievement. But are these the cables
    that I can openly recommend for any sound system? To affirm that a product fits 100% in any audio
    equipment, is not only risky, it is a lie, without more. Everyone must take into account personal tastes and
    synergies before deciding, and these Audience frontRow are very high-end cables in performance for systems
    of a level according to their performance. We do not seek to equalize our system with them, they will not give
    us a sound with more filling or density in medium-serious or hotter in general, it is neutral and will give us the
    best of what we have in our room. If it is a sound of quality and balance, it will raise the level,
    At the end of the day, is not that characteristic that every good amateur should try to reach in his cables? We
    had not been in which the cable that better sounded was the one that did not add anything to the sound? Well
    here we have it, reproducing the music that our beloved components give, but with control, without
    interferences or resonances, without any detail being lost along the way and with elegance and class.
    We can only influence the vital aspect of the dynamics. No limitation will be perceived in this aspect -both in
    the micro and in the macro-, being fully satisfactory and enjoying the complete dynamics of any good
    recording. What happens is that sometimes we can confuse cables with a good dynamic with others that
    directly throw the music to your face with quite coarseness. The frontRow always keep the music tidy and
    when the pounding of a "crescendo" comes as God intended, go if you feel it. Only a real dynamic can be
    perceived by keeping the noise level as low as possible, and from that silent background we will have the
    greatest possible dynamic range to our service: just what these frontRow do.
    Conclusions
    Years ago, having dinner with an Italian manufacturer of products destined to the current of our systems, he
    told me that he divided the brands of cables into two groups: those that contributed something to the sound to
    make it hotter, or "analogical" we can say, and those that simply open the sound and with slight nuances let it
    flow freely. Without a doubt the Audience frontRow belong to the second group, letting our system breathe
    freely, with a great level of silence, fabulous detail and always with naturalness, control and elegance in its
    sound.
    Maybe we can find better cables - not many - in the market, but ... at what price? That is perhaps the most
    interesting virtue of the Audience brand and of this particular model as its flagship, establishing itself again
    and again, whatever the model they present, as a reference to beat in relation quality / price. They offer a
    quality of sound so high that it allows them to be chosen to connect systems of absolute reference, and always
    leave their owner with the satisfaction and security that has made the purchase as smart as possible. My highest
    recommendation
    Distribute Ultimate Audio
    Audience frontRow speaker 2 meters - € 5220
    Audience frontRow RCA interconnection 1 meter - € 3400
    EQUIPMENT USED IN THE TRIAL
    Sound boxes
    • Kroma Audio Norma and Mimě
    Amplification
    • Preamplifier Ypsilon PST-100 MKII
    • Stages monophonic Ypsilon Aelius
    Source
    • Transportation MBL 1621A
    • DAC Nagra HD
    Cables
    • Stealth Audio Sakra Interconnection and Tara Labs Zero Evolution
    • Digital S / PDIF Tara Labs Omega Zero
    • Kroma Audio Speaker
    • Kroma Audio Current
    accessories
    • Acoustic Revive RR-77

mauidan

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Audience frontRow Audio Cables Review