Upgrading Audioquest - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upgrading Audioquest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    ..That shouldn't be to difficult as most Shunyata Dealers are willing to let you give the gear a try.
    Maybe in your part of the world, but not here. If I want to demo Shunyata I must buy it first.

Post Thanks / Like

No. I'm trying to understand why most people buy the T which is the same electrically as the S, but considerably more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks more than likely and it's only $1000 more expensive here.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, Audia Flight FL Three S, Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Well yeah, I much prefer the look of the T, but hard to justify the price difference for the eye candy version. For me anyway.

Have I understood this correctly. When using a Denali you don't need a NR version power cable to the wall, or to the connected devices?

Post Thanks / Like

I suspect it would depend on who you ask. I say get what is sufficient to do the job.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Teac Reference NT-505, PS Audio DirectStream DAC w/Bridge II, Audia Flight FL Three S, Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, W4S Recovery with iPower, Nuprime DAC-10, Mivera Purepower, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Well yeah, I much prefer the look of the T, but hard to justify the price difference for the eye candy version. For me anyway.

Have I understood this correctly. When using a Denali you don't need a NR version power cable to the wall, or to the connected devices?
    The "S" version lacks the footers and the thick bottom plate of the "T". (And maybe some of the internal damping as well - I'm not sure about that.) The "S" relies on the buyer to put it on a good audio rack that will take the place of the physical isolation built into the "T". If you don't, it won't sound as good as the "T". They advise AGAINST putting an "S" directly on the floor, the way you can a "T".

Shunyata itself says that the NR (noise reduction) versions of its power cords are unnecessary for the Denali line. (Between the Denali & the wall.) They recommend using the EF versions as they are less expensive. (Unfortunately, that info came out too late for me...)

If I understand correctly, Shunyata recommends using NR cords between components & the Denali for best results, as this puts an initial stage of filtering as close to the component as possible.
    SOTA Cosmos (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
    Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck!
    Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
    Pass Labs XP-30 (with Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables) & Hovland HP-100 preamps
    Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
    Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
    Audience AU24 SX phono, MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
    Shunyata Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs
    Audio Magic Super Fuse Bees Wax Ultimate, Synergistic Research Blue & Black, Hi-Fi Tuning, fuses
    Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

7. Likes brodricj liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2