STP-SE Stage 2 suggestions - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: STP-SE Stage 2 suggestions

Excellent
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing some serious listening, and although bi-amping was much better with the Stage 2 it still is not as good as the SET amps by themselves. Just much sweeter, smoother, more musical. Both amps seem to sound better on their own, even though they appear to be playing at the same level when bi-amping.

Oh well, a good try. It does strengthen my view on both amps and just how good they are!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Audio Mirror SET 45s; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Tiki; W4S Recovery; Focal Clear; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Randy,

It's fun to play around but since getting my Duo XD and playing with a few SET amps, I'm still in shock how wonderful it sounds. I am sure your AM SET amps are amazing. As long as the power level is respected, SET to my ears, is gloriuus.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

I tend to agree. I really don't think I have ever heard a truly better sounding amp. Many are very close, such as the T+A, but the SET are simply special!
    Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2; T+A DAC 8 DSD; Audio Mirror SET 45s; T+A AMP 8; KEF R700; AudioQuest Niagara 1000; Falcon Northwest Tiki; W4S Recovery; Focal Clear; Oppo BDP-105; Technics ST-9030

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Stage 2 preamp... it sounds amazing and is built like a tank... the one complaint that I have heard is the plastic remote (ok, cheap remote )...

Well Wyred just released a heavy duty real machined anodized aluminum remote control. I might grab one today because it is the one remote I use non-stop and a heavy metal remote just feels so much better!

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good Randy but not $250 good.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon Dl-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1 , Reynaud Abscissa Jubilee, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Dueland IC's, Triode Wire Labs SC & PC's, Equi=Core 1800, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Nuprime DAC-10, Nuprime ST-10, Nola KO's, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I thought it was a bit expensive, however if it is as high quality and heavy as the prototype that I played with with the Aura then it may very well be the most solid, heaviest remote I have ever seen.

They built the first official batch today getting ready to ship! EJ let me know that he has one for me. I know it is expensive but it really is the interface between me and my system and it is supposed to be a solid metal remote! I suppose I will pop over there after work and grab it .... I believe he is planning on this being the remote that comes with the Aura, but this is only my assumption.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of the new remotes at home. Yes they are pricey but they are also pretty amazing. Probably the heaviest most solid remotes I have ever felt. It just feels right, like a solid chunk of metal, which it actually is! They definitely went from one extreme to another; from cheap feeling plastic to the Rolls Royce of remotes!

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks great Randy. I’d spring for one. A remote for me is very important.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

I agree and I did. In my view it was the only thing truly lacking in the Stage 2. So a super heavy built like a tank remote matches the build of the preamp. Definitely designed for the Aura, but a very nice add on for the STP and DACs if you are using one as your pre!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3