Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Sbooster vs. Keces PS

For awhile now I have used a 19v Sbooster MkII as the ps on my sonicTransporter i7. It was a substantial improvement over the Dell ps that came with it.

Based on Mike's trials I decided to try a Keces P8, single output, set to 19v on the ST. It's been in the system since Saturday.
    I sent this to Mike this morning: "Good call on the Keces ps. It DESTROYS the Sbooster on the sonicTransporter i7".

Biggest change: a plethora more of micro information and detail. Sound field expands and contracts in a way I haven't experienced, depending on recording. Everything is more solid and dynamic. Bass energy is awesome.

I think it must be do to the increased current the P8 can deliver.

A must have IMO.....

Re: Sbooster vs. Keces PS

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    For awhile now I have used a 19v Sbooster MkII as the ps on my sonicTransporter i7. It was a substantial improvement over the Dell ps that came with it.

Based on Mike's trials I decided to try a Keces P8, single output, set to 19v on the ST. It's been in the system since Saturday.
    I sent this to Mike this morning: "Good call on the Keces ps. It DESTROYS the Sbooster on the sonicTransporter i7".

Biggest change: a plethora more of micro information and detail. Sound field expands and contracts in a way I haven't experienced, depending on recording. Everything is more solid and dynamic. Bass energy is awesome.

I think it must be do to the increased current the P8 can deliver.

A must have IMO.....
    Congrats King on the major upgrade in sound quality. I have the P8 on my Roon Nucleus Plus and the P3 on my GigaFoilv4 and I also experienced a significant improvement in sound quality. The Keces power supplies work beautifully, look great and are built like a tank. I’m a satisfied customer. Thanks Mike!

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Congrats King on the major upgrade in sound quality. I have the P8 on my Roon Nucleus Plus and the P3 on my GigaFoilv4 and I also experienced a significant improvement in sound quality. The Keces power supplies work beautifully, look great and are built like a tank. I’m a satisfied customer. Thanks Mike!

Ken
    Another “up tick” in performance is to replace the supplied DC cord between the Keces and the device being used, with a more substantial after market one ......
    Cheers.....
    1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    Another “up tick” in performance is to replace the supplied DC cord between the Keces and the device being used, with a more substantial after market one ......
    Cheers.....
    1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg1E35836C-2C44-4A37-BB15-54E965A2FCE9.jpeg
    Thanks for the tip! A couple of questions on which options of DC-4S6G needed for Keces.

- Dual Straight plugs or Straight to right angle or Dual right angle plugs?

- 2.1G-2.1G or 2.1G-2.5G or 2.5G-2.5G?

Keces used 2.5mm plug. What u put on the other end is your choice. The Keces cord has 2.5mm plugs on both ends and comes with a 2.1mm adaptor

Angles are your choice

UltraFast69 just pointed out his Keces dc cable was 2.5 to 2.1 with a 2.1 to 2.5 adaptor

In any case IMO if you are ordering a speciality dc cable, order exactly what u need so as not to use an adaptor

I ordered the Ghent Audio DC cords....funny thing is yesterday I was saying to Mike we need to find some better dc power cords. These look perfect

I ordered the Ghent Audio DC cords....funny thing is yesterday I was saying to Mike we need to find some better dc power cords. These look perfect
    I think you will find them to be worth their relatively minor investment...
    Cheers......
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com

Quote Originally Posted by MRJAZZ View Post
    I think you will find them to be worth their relatively minor investment...
    Cheers......
    I ordered one as well, and they appear as build to order with a three week lead time - for under $50 an OFC cable is worth a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Sbooster vs. Keces PS

Keces used 2.5mm plug. What u put on the other end is your choice. The Keces cord has 2.5mm plugs on both ends and comes with a 2.1mm adaptor

Angles are your choice

UltraFast69 just pointed out his Keces dc cable was 2.5 to 2.1 with a 2.1 to 2.5 adaptor

In any case IMO if you are ordering a speciality dc cable, order exactly what u need so as not to use an adaptor
    Ordered as well. Finally had a chance to check DC cable that came with Keces. Seems Keces to Gagafoil needs DC cable with 2.5mm plug on each end. I currently have to use adaptor on Gagafoil side (2.1 > 2.5).

Audioshark

Please note, Keces is increasing our costs on the P3 to $399 and P8 to $699 on April 1st. Anyone on the fence should get me their order quickly.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Please note, Keces is increasing our costs on the P3 to $399 and P8 to $699 on April 1st. Anyone on the fence should get me their order quickly.
    You're selling too many too fast ... increase demand, constant supply = HIGHER price.

I tried several Ghent audio DC cables for the (3) Keces I use in my setup.
    The Gotham GAC-4/11301 was the best for me!

Man, this is great. I was looking for exactly this type of comparison because I was thinking of upgrading my streamer either to an SoTM SMS-200UltraNeo or the new Innuous Zen MkIII Mini. I was seriously considering the Sbooster based on Hans Beekhuzen's review, but I know a number of folks using Keces, so this was very helpful. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Huite View Post
    I tried several Ghent audio DC cables for the (3) Keces I use in my setup.
    The Gotham GAC-4/11301 was the best for me!
    I was recommended this exact DC cable by Alex at Uptone as well. One of the reasons it works so well is that it is a star-quad configuration and utlizes the JSSG-style shield which shunts high-impedance leakage currents to ground. Gonna order two for my Keces P3.

What's the wait time to US destinations to obtain one of the cables?
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Bud, I am a want it now type of guy but after receipt of the first round cables, I am patient because of the quality and price. I suspect there are two factors that affect delivery; Ghents ability to produce which includes having source material and the mailing process from China to the US.

Ghent Xu is the owner, and he does have a $15.00 up charge you can select to move up the assembly of cables along with any notes or questions, he has always been responsive.

I originally ordered a full round of Canare Oyaide, then upgraded to Gotham, plus a 15M Belden Ethernet and have always chose the $15.00 express path for a total of 9 cables.

Delivery was between 10-15 days to Seattle, I would think the same for Arizona.

Sidenote: How is the AQVox SE doing?
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I have one cable that's been passed to USPS and I just ordered another one. They are dDC-GAC4---Gotham GAC-4/1 11301 DC(JSSG360) Cables. A one meter and a 1.5 meter version.

Fortunately, I can use the Keces P3's with the OEM cables. I just ordered another Keces P3 and another Gigafoil.

I keep trying to downsize and then fall off the wagon.This stuff is relatively inexpensive, at least compared to Ansuz cables.

I've been told by Keces that I can use the P3
    simultaneously with both my Gigafoil and my Lumin L1 (NAS}. Looks like ai may need to order another cable, this time I'll use the $15 option.

I should add that the AQVOX switch added as much over the Cisco as the Cisco added to the Linksys switch.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I have one cable that's been passed to USPS and I just ordered another one. They are dDC-GAC4---Gotham GAC-4/1 11301 DC(JSSG360) Cables. A one meter and a 1.5 meter version.

Fortunately, I can use the Keces P3's with the OEM cables. I just ordered another Keces P3 and another Gigafoil.

I keep trying to downsize and then fall off the wagon.This stuff is relatively inexpensive, at least compared to Ansuz cables.

I've been told by Keces that I can use the P3
    simultaneously with both my Gigafoil and my Lumin L1 (NAS}. Looks like ai may need to order another cable, this time I'll use the $15 option.

I should add that the AQVOX switch added as much over the Cisco as the Cisco added to the Linksys switch.
    That’s Big, Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Sbooster vs. Keces PS