Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Niagara 5000 (your advice)

I am planing to purchase the Niagara 5000 and will be a blind purchase.
    The reason behind getting this specific conditioner, is that I have AQ power cables and want to achieve full synergy. Also the reviews about Denali being rolled off compared to the Niagara have pushed me away toward the 5000.

Here are my concerns:
    1- Is this a dated devices? Is it too late to make this purchase? I mean that AQ might release a new replacement soon, given that this unit is relatively old.
    2- The hum/buzz issue, does that indicate a flawed design? Is this an issue that AQ discovered way after the release and decided NOT to come up with a new design (upgrade) to fix it or what is going on?
    3- Is it a harsh sounding conditioner?

Audioshark

Re: Niagara 5000 (your advice)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanbobo View Post
    I am planing to purchase the Niagara 5000 and will be a blind purchase.
    The reason behind getting this specific conditioner, is that I have AQ power cables and want to achieve full synergy. Also the reviews about Denali being rolled off compared to the Niagara have pushed me away toward the 5000.

Here are my concerns:
    1- Is this a dated devices? Is it too late to make this purchase? I mean that AQ might release a new replacement soon, given that this unit is relatively old.
    2- The hum/buzz issue, does that indicate a flawed design? Is this an issue that AQ discovered way after the release and decided NOT to come up with a new design (upgrade) to fix it or what is going on?
    3- Is it a harsh sounding conditioner?
    1. No. No updates planned that I’m aware of.
    2. No. The 5000 is much quieter than the 7000.
    3. Definitely not. Smooth.

I have a 5000 for sale from a customer who upgraded to the 7000. PM me for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Regarding the harshness, I came a cross a thread on this forum that shows a video comparing the 7000 against the Shunyata. Almost everyone on the thread liked the Shunyata and almost everyone find the 7000 fatiguing. Not sure what they are talking about and how come they rely on a Youtube video! Although they all seem to be audiophiles with expensive gear and long term of experience.
    This comparison makes me feel hesitant.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    1. No. No updates planned that I’m aware of.
    2. No. The 5000 is much quieter than the 7000.
    3. Definitely not. Smooth.

I have a 5000 for sale from a customer who upgraded to the 7000. PM me for details.

Audioshark

Regarding the harshness, I came a cross a thread on this forum that shows a video comparing the 7000 against the Shunyata. Almost everyone on the thread liked the Shunyata and almost everyone find the 7000 fatiguing. Not sure what they are talking about and how come they rely on a Youtube video! Although they all seem to be audiophiles with expensive gear and long term of experience.
    This comparison makes me feel hesitant.
    Relying on other people viewing a youtube video isn’t ideal.

I don’t find either the 5000, 7000 or Denali fatiguing. Quite the opposite. I find an absence of a good quality power conditioner fatiguing!

We have and use all three in the store.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Relying on other people viewing a youtube video isn’t ideal
    Relying on "reviews" isn't either and he's determining the alleged "rolloff" (which doesn't actually exist) of the Denali based upon that.

To the OP, you need to try both conditioners in your system or else all you're doing is guessing.

If you get a chance, go to Mike’s and listen for yourself.

Personally, I just switched from a Shunyata Triton to an AQ Niagara 5000. I have not regretted the switch, and find they both add value to my system.

Also, the AQ Niagaras as a product line were launched just about 3 years ago, while the Shunyatas (at least the top-line Tritons) have been around a bit longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I own the Niagara 7000 and it is exactly the opposite of fatiguing. It has provided greater ease with my system and I can play louder without having any listener fatigue. The amount of noise that has been removed is significant. Jet black background with more detail, nuance and articulate bass. Any negatives? It emits a slight hum that I can only hear when I’m less the 2 feet away.

The Niagara 5000 is quieter as far as the hum is concerned but the 7000 offers superior and audibly better noise reduction the through its low current outlets. The high outlets in the 7000 and 5000 are identical. I’m planning on getting a Niagara 5000 to go with my 7000. One amp monoblock and subwoofer monoblock will be plugged into the 7000 high current outlets and one amp monoblock and subwoofer monoblock will be plugged into the 5000 high current outlets.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

If I'm not mistaken, the 5000 actually became available about a year later than the 7000. Really like mine (used with Hurricane PCs).

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the 5000 actually became available about a year later than the 7000. Really like mine (used with Hurricane PCs).
    Yes, this is true. The 5000 satisfied a medium price point and addressed hum issues that some with tube gear were experiencing with the 7000.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

i looked into the niagra and denali before ultimately purchasing a torus avr20. i felt the torus had more robust specs for what i was looking for and had nothing but positive use reviews. torus is also a subsidiary of piltron who make amazing toroidal transformers.
    huge caveat: i was not able to listen to any of the conditioners in my system and my decision was based solely on reviews, specs, and a gut instinct of what would make sense in my system. all i can report is that torus was a killer addition and i'm extremely happy with my purchase. just thought i'd mention it in case you're still shopping around. if you're settled on aq, then best of luck with your purchase and hope it works well.

Thanks everyone for help and for answering my questions.

I just want to make sure that I get a device that stays with me for many years. I am not an upgrade freak that keeps upgrading every 2nd year. I tend to keep each device for 7-10years!
    This is why I wanted to make sure that the AQ5000 is good device that can live for years ahead, without being concerned about hum or heat issues. It is funny how new Shunyata advertisement rely on 2 words "no buzz no heat"
    I also have very sensitive ears to lean and bright sound signature, this is why I wanted to make sure that AQ5000 is the perfect conditioner to my taste.
    I guess that I will order the AQ5000 and will report back to you.

Thanks again

Thanks everyone for help and for answering my questions.

I just want to make sure that I get a device that stays with me for many years. I am not an upgrade freak that keeps upgrading every 2nd year. I tend to keep each device for 7-10years!
    This is why I wanted to make sure that the AQ5000 is good device that can live for years ahead, without being concerned about hum or heat issues. It is funny how new Shunyata advertisement rely on 2 words "no buzz no heat"
    I also have very sensitive ears to lean and bright sound signature, this is why I wanted to make sure that AQ5000 is the perfect conditioner to my taste.
    I guess that I will order the AQ5000 and will report back to you.

Thanks again
    Hello,

Any feedback on the 5000? Any hum issues?

Thanks
    Focal Sopra 2, MC452, C2300, MCD1100, MT2 w/Hana SL, HRS, Bel Canto Stream, Schiit Yggy, AQ Niagara 5000 w/Hurricanes, WW Silver 7’s.

Quote Originally Posted by sid325 View Post
    Hello,

Any feedback on the 5000? Any hum issues?

Thanks

Unfortunately I am not in the position to confirm anything about the 5000 yet. Since I got it and I am away from my music room due to new work commitments.
    Will let you know once I have a good experience with the 5000.

Not quite sure but I read many articles which relates the hum with the 7000 only NOT the 5000.

Hi.
    New here. For my McIntosh A/V gear I consider a power protection device.
    Niagara 5000 or McIntosh MPC500
    The McIntosh is cheaper.
    Any advice will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronenza View Post
    Hi.
    The McIntosh is cheaper.
    I love my Niagara 5000’s. Provides excellent linear noise reduction, which removes noise related edginess, improves dimensionality and brings out nuances. No change in tonality, dead neutral.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I love my Niagara 5000’s. Provides excellent linear noise reduction, which removes noise related edginess, improves dimensionality and brings out nuances. No change in tonality, dead neutral.

Ken
    Thanks very much indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronenza View Post
    Hi.
    The McIntosh is cheaper.
    Niagara all day. My system is heavy McIntosh. I own Niagara 7000 and 5000. The MPC1500 looks fantastic, distributes power, and protects gear. The Niagara does that too and will make your system sound better. Much better. Use AQ power cords, I love the Hurricanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
    Niagara all day. My system is heavy McIntosh. I own Niagara 7000 and 5000. The MPC1500 looks fantastic, distributes power, and protects gear. The Niagara does that too and will make your system sound better. Much better. Use AQ power cords, I love the Hurricanes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Thank you 🙏🏼

Sanbobo and others.

There are two things you can trust in this transaction. AQ< they make fine well regarded products, and Mike at Suncoast. He's never steered me wrong or advised badly even if the product was not his. Had the AQ 5000 and it was excellent.
    Wilson Yvette speakers, [B]Conrad-Johnson [ART88 [B]pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART 27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Wireworld Gold and Platinum ICs, USB and power cables, Rega Planar 10 turntable/ Apheta cartridge, Wireworld Platimum Eclipse 8 speaker cables, AQ Hurricane and Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2, Sigma NR PC and DELTA USB cords, Symposium and Stillpoint vibration control, JL Audio Fathom 113 subwoofer, dCS Bartok Streamer/DAC

Quote Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
    Sanbobo and others.

There are two things you can trust in this transaction. AQ< they make fine well regarded products, and Mike at Suncoast. He's never steered me wrong or advised badly even if the product was not his. Had the AQ 5000 and it was excellent.
    Thank you!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team