Issue with Raidho C1.2 - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issue with Raidho C1.2

Quote Originally Posted by martynbaker1 View Post

[...]

In my most recent correspondence with Devialet, they say even a change of wiring or crossover components between the .1 and .2 versions of the speaker can result in incorrect energy being sent to the tweeter and potentially causing damage. Of course the C1.2 has new wiring and crossover components.

So I’m not out of the woods yet, however we have a prime suspect. I’ll be turning SAM off to see if this makes a difference. Most frustratingly only time will tell.

I’ll know within a week based on past experience...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for the update. While you are not out of the woods you are at least in a better place, that is, having a prime suspect. Were Raidho aware you were using SAM and did they make a comment on that? I am aware that the designer of the loudspeaker had reservations about SAM, though I am not sure any official policy position on it existed or was published. Turning SAM off seems like a good choice.

Please keep us updated. This thread is important because there may be others facing a similar situation as the Raidho/Devialet pairing is quite common.
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issue with Raidho C1.2

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Thanks very much for the update. While you are not out of the woods you are at least in a better place, that is, having a prime suspect. Were Raidho aware you were using SAM and did they make a comment on that? I am aware that the designer of the loudspeaker had reservations about SAM, though I am not sure any official policy position on it existed or was published. Turning SAM off seems like a good choice.

Please keep us updated. This thread is important because there may be others facing a similar situation as the Raidho/Devialet pairing is quite common.
    No problem at all.

Yes they were aware I was using SAM, though they didnít advise directly on it. I did ask about the difference between the .1 and .2 ceramic driver in regards to using SAM, but drew my own conclusions on using the .1 profile on the .2 speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5