Issue with Raidho C1.2 - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Issue with Raidho C1.2

I'm not sure if you mentioned it before in this thread, but what average SPL (from say, you're listening position) do you generally listen?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issue with Raidho C1.2

This scenario is very tricky to resolve- especially if the fault is not caused by owner finger troubles.

My gut tells me you need to replace the amp. The last thing you want is to be told everything is 100% and then you have a guest who brought along expensive speakers and your system then sends the speakers to audio heaven or hell.

Replace, replace....and if need be downgrade to reduce your risk.

Regards,

Jozua

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCh View Post
    I'm not sure if you mentioned it before in this thread, but what average SPL (from say, you're listening position) do you generally listen?
    Hi no I donít think I did. Generally itís around the 80db - 85db for a proper session. The room pressurises quite low as itís not that big.

Again Iíve had these speakers for a few years with no problems, so Iíd find it hard to believe a tweeter blew twice due to being too loud.

This may open up another can of worms, but with SAM profile switched on to 100% and at this Calumís, the Raidho woofers would pop a lot. With SAM set to zero (but still on) there is no popping. Here I think itís a fault of SAM on these speakers which Iíve also emailed Devialet on in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

What a nasty problem! My bet is that the guilt belongs to SAM. Turn it off!
    Triangle Magellan Cello II < AudioQuest Everest < BAT VK-655SE < AudioQuest Hurricane High Current < AudioQuest NRG-10 < AudioQuest WEL Signature XLR < exaSound e32 DAC w UpTone JS-2 LPS < UpTone ISORegen w UltraCap LPS1.2 & USPCB A-B < AudioQuest Diamond USB < MacMini i5 w UpTone DC Conversion Kit, Samsung 860EVO 1TB SSD w Squeezelite & Logitech Media Server < Solid Tech Hybrid Platforms < Stillpoints Ultra SS < Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer & Gold SE < IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3 < Furutech FT-SWS < HiFi Tuning Supreme 3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
    What a nasty problem! My bet is that the guilt belongs to SAM. Turn it off!
    The above reminded me that some of these digital amps use a removable card. Please check if the data on the card is damaged ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martynbaker1 View Post
    So one of the main reasons I think thereís a fault here rather than an unbalanced system is that I havenít changed my setup or listening behaviours for about 2.5 years, though the tweeter has blown twice in 6 months.

It seems the impedance issue with one speaker and not both also supports this.

Iíll report back once I hear from Townshend and Devialet

Just interested to know whether this was resolved in the finish? What was the cause of the tweeters blowing? What did Devialet have to say after testing the amp - assuming you also had it checked?
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Just interested to know whether this was resolved in the finish? What was the cause of the tweeters blowing? What did Devialet have to say after testing the amp - assuming you also had it checked?
    Hi yes quite the journey. I was planning on updating for those interested once the serviced tweeters were re-attached (following a very busy few weeks of work, my reunited Hi-Fi components should be up and running next week). So...

Townshend speaker cables: great service from Max Townshend. Cables charged with 200 volts in one bench test and no issues found in the cables. These were not the source of the problem.

Devialet D250: sent for service and returned within a week all FOC. Again great service (once speaking to someone actually knowledgeable) and the unit came back with... no issues.

Following further feedback here and on Dev chat regarding SAM impacting the higher frequencies, I followed this subject up again with Devialet. They told me for the first time SAM effects the ENTIRE FREQUENCY RANGE.

To recap, I had previously been told SAM only effects lower frequencies. Combined with feedback from Raidho that the C1.2 woofer measurements are not materially different to the C1.1 (they have an improved rubber surround), I have been using the C1.1 SAM profile on my C1.2 speakers. (Yes I know...)

In my most recent correspondence with Devialet, they say even a change of wiring or crossover components between the .1 and .2 versions of the speaker can result in incorrect energy being sent to the tweeter and potentially causing damage. Of course the C1.2 has new wiring and crossover components.

So Iím not out of the woods yet, however we have a prime suspect. Iíll be turning SAM off to see if this makes a difference. Most frustratingly only time will tell.

Iíll know within a week based on past experience...!

8. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wish you the best of luck and I hope it's just the Sam. Tweeters are hard to blow with Raidho's. Look for a bluish tint on the tweeter guards. They are actually the heat sink. If they start to turn bluish they are starting to overheat and turn them down. I got that info from Mike Borresen and Lars. Ive seen them move but never turned bluish with the D1-D2-D2.1 or D3.1's I had. But I don't play them loud either.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

10. Thanks martynbaker1 thanked for this post
    Likes martynbaker1, kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

If the SAM software damaged your tweeters my gut tells me Devialet should pay for your repair costs...especially if they failed to point out the risks attached to using the SAM software.

My 2 c

Regards

J

12. Likes octadyndude, martynbaker1, FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jozua View Post
    Hi

If the SAM software damaged your tweeters my gut tells me Devialet should pay for your repair costs...especially if they failed to point out the risks attached to using the SAM software.

My 2 c

Regards

J

Iíve had the same thought. However Devialet have never said to use the .1 profile for .2 speakers. I might have to take this one on the chin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast