Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Qobuz...

Re: Qobuz...

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Since his receiver is a 2009 year, he has few options. On page 19 of his manual for his Yamaha RX-V765 notes this :
    "This unit has the DOCK jack, to which you can connect a Yamaha iPod universal dock (YDS-11, sold separately) or a Bluetooth wireless audio receiver (YBA-10, sold separately). You can play an iPod or a Bluetooth component with this unit by connecting it to the DOCK jack. Use a dedicated cable for connection between the dock/receiver and this unit "

This is about the only way for him to do what he wants, maybe !

That Audioengine BT receiver will work with his Yamaha. It will work with any receiver that has audio inputs. I'm using something similar in a bedroom set up using a Sony ES receiver from 1993. The BT receiver has analog right and left outs that you just connect to any analog right and left inputs on the back of the receiver.

The receiver doesn't have to be BT compatible using this method. Looking at his manual and the back of his receiver, he could connect this BT receiver via an optical cable to his receiver's optical input at AV 4. Or he could connect via analog right and left to AV 5 or AV 6. Then select the correct input and the music will flow.
    McIntosh MA252, Lumin D2, Emotiva XPA 2 Gen 3, Polk Audio LSiM 705, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Oppo UDP 203, Polk Audio Signature S20

But it's Bluetooth just the same. If you are going to spend that much on a Bluetooth then just spend a little more and buy a used Node 2 and at least get full FLAC capability.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    But it's Bluetooth just the same. If you are going to spend that much on a Bluetooth then just spend a little more and buy a used Node 2 and at least get full FLAC capability.
    That is a very good point. If he has a Qobuz "Hi FI" or "Studio" subscription, then that would be a great option if he could find a used Node 2. But if he only has the basic membership, a BT rreceiver might be sufficient. He also mentioned in his original post that he wanted to play his Itunes music through his home system, and those are certainly not Hi-Res files. So he does have some options to consider.
    McIntosh MA252, Lumin D2, Emotiva XPA 2 Gen 3, Polk Audio LSiM 705, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Oppo UDP 203, Polk Audio Signature S20

Thank you guys for the links. They're interesting. I think I recall a poster saying Google Chromecast would work. He said I'd have to pick one up off Ebay since they don't make them anymore. Anyone know about this?

Well, I ordered a used 3rd generation Google Chromecast for $12.94 off Ebay. If it doesn't work I guess I'm not out too much. So, do I just plug it into the TV and start streaming from Qobuz?

bluegrassphile, you've stated earlier that you are about a year away from putting together your modern stereo system. Why not just use the Tidal app on your tv set. I noticed on my bedroom tv that Tidal has an app. Just enjoy what you can now through your current stereo? Tidal has cd quality. Just build up a library over the next year that will be easy to migrate to Roon and Qobuz if you so choose. Chasing a way to get Qobuz by spending money and time for a short term fix doesn't seem worth while to me. The libraries are very similar. I use both and what I listen to on Qobuz is pretty much on Tidal as well.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

A ten year old TV browser is not likely to play Tidal either so not necessarily a solution either. Chromecast will work if he has the appropriate control devices and reads and follows the setup instructions. Might want to order an Mini to full sized optical cable from Amazon though.

https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-Tosl...s%2C157&sr=8-2
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

A ten year old TV browser is not likely to play Tidal either so not necessarily a solution either. Chromecast will work if he has the appropriate control devices and reads and follows the setup instructions. Might want to order an Mini to full sized optical cable from Amazon though.

https://www.amazon.com/FosPower-Tosl...s%2C157&sr=8-2
    Tidal does provide apps for some smart tvs. I have a Tidal app for my Vizio tv.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Well, I ordered a used 3rd generation Google Chromecast for $12.94 off Ebay. If it doesn't work I guess I'm not out too much. So, do I just plug it into the TV and start streaming from Qobuz?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Wouldn't you want to plug it into your receiver? Qobuz has an article for using Qobuz from the iOS or Android app (or I think the Qobuz desktop app should work too) to send audio to a Chromecast Audio: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/info/hi-...-dummies178183
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

It appears as if he has bought a Chromecast Video version which may not work with Qobuz at all though the Audio version does. It is HDMI only.

I'm having an issue where I cant seem to sign up for a Qobuz service, none of them. I have an account, but the second step in the sign up process says to enter my zip code and hit the submit button. I do this and nothing happens. It doesn't matter if I've chosen one of the trials or the full on Sublime. I've submitted this issue to their customer support but have not received a reply. I've tried this on Safari and Firefox .... same result. I am in Colorado.
    Any ideas ?
    My system:
    Power: PS Audio P15 , dedicated 20amp circuits
    Front End: MSB Discrete DAC with MSB renderer

Pre: Simaudio Moon 740P
    Amp: McIntosh MC462
    Speakers: B&W 802 D3
    Interconnects: AQ Earth XLR and Stealth Metacarbon
    Speaker Cable: AQ Type 4 (20 ft runs)

Where is your account based? Are you going here www.qobuz.com/us-en?

Where is your account based? Are you going here www.qobuz.com/us-en?
    Thanks,
    Yes and I just tried it again. The submit button is active, but does nothing when I press it after entering my zip.
    My system:

I'm not sure why that would be happening. Another option would be to sign up using your Facebook account if you happen to have one. That option might work better. Do you have a FB account?

When you go to that page are you signing in before trying to select a subscription plan.

When you go to that page are you signing in before trying to select a subscription plan.
    Yes and it shows me as logged in and I can see my account settings, etc. Really weird , I'd suspect it was a browser issue except it happens on Safari and Firefox.
    My system:

Quote Originally Posted by mintakax View Post
    Yes and it shows me as logged in and I can see my account settings, etc. Really weird , I'd suspect it was a browser issue except it happens on Safari and Firefox.
    Its like the zip code field doesn't register the info I type in.
    My system:

If you're logged in to the US site your zip code irrelevant. I have never been asked for that info. Unless they are trying to stop EU customers from swapping over as it would cost them less..

I just logged in to my account using Chrome and signed in. Then went straight to streaming plans. They didn't ask for more information.

I just logged in to my account using Chrome and signed in. Then went straight to streaming plans. They didn't ask for more information.
    Hmmm-- thanks for your help.
    The url to the page is
    https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/music/streaming/order
    and here is a screenshot of the page showing the enter zip code field. The secure payment link at the top right is greyed out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My system:

I have never seen that before and haven't seen it mentioned in either thread on CA. Do you have location services turned off on your browser. If so turn it back on long enough to try again and let it find your location on it's own. They must be trying to force subscribers to stay in their own territories due to label licensing agreements.

If it wasn't who you e-mailed try eric.benoit@qobuz.com

If it wasn't who you e-mailed try eric.benoit@qobuz.com
    Thanks Jack, I'll try emailing him. The location services were on for my browsers and every other site I go to uses them.

I cant find anyone else having this problem either... frustrating. I'll post my solution if one comes up.
    My system:

I assume you didn't have an EU account like I did that had the same e-mail address?

I assume you didn't have an EU account like I did that had the same e-mail address?
    Correct... I did not have an EU account, or at least I didn't know it if I did. I signed up to try the beta many months ago.
    I've emailed to the address you gave me. Thanks.
    My system:

Quote Originally Posted by mintakax View Post
    Correct... I did not have an EU account, or at least I didn't know it if I did. I signed up to try the beta many months ago.
    I've emailed to the address you gave me. Thanks.
    Apparently its a Java bug that affects some users, but Eric gave me a workaround and I am signed up now.
    My system:

I just signed up for Qobuz and so far I like it better than Tidal, mainly because of their Hi-Res format, non-MQA.
    Focal Sopra 2, MC452, C2300, MCD1100, MT2 w/Hana SL, HRS, Bel Canto Stream, Schiit Yggy, AQ Niagara 5000 w/Hurricanes, WW Silver 7’s.

Super Moderator

I'm really enjoying Qobuz as well. I think it sounds great and I seem to find different artists that I would not necessarily find or listen to on Tidal.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I signed up for the trial, but ended up cancelling after a few weeks. I liked the hi-res content, but many of the albums I listen to regularly (from Tidal) weren't available on Qobuz and I don't want to pay for a premium subscription on both Qobuz and Tidal. Until Qobuz gets considerably more content, I'm going to stick with Tidal.
    Main: SGC SonicTransporter i9 Optical, Sonore Signature Rendu SE, Denafrips Gaia, Denafrips Terminator Plus, DIY Preamp, DIY 300B PSET Monoblocks, DIY GR Research Line Force with dual 4-stack servo subs, PS Audio Power Plant 12, AQ Diamond USB, Tubulus Argentus i2s, Iconoclast 4x4 UPOCC XLR, DH Labs Red Wave and Power Plus PCs, Kimber Select KS-3035 speaker cable

2nd: Auralic Vega G2, DIY Purifi amp, GR-Research NX-Studio speakers.

HT: Marantz AV8802a, Sunfire Theater Grand, Revel Performa F50/C50, Epson 5050, Stewart 92" Firehawk G4

Extra: Schiit Yggdrasil A2, DIY FirstWatt F5 Turbo monoblocks, DIY Neurochrome Mod-286 monoblocks, DIY Purifi monoblocks, DIY Preamp. Revel F30, Totem Mani-2.

I now have Qobuz and Tidal on both of our smart TVs, my computer and phone. I used Chromecast for each TV, downloaded Miracast on my phone and the rest is history. I wonder why they discontinued Chromecast? Seems to work really well.

It was a loss leader for Google to entice people initially to use Google Play. They are now trying to sell the Chromecast infrastructure to manufacturers to include with their streamers then get back a fee for every unit sold. Easier than manufacturing "disposable" $25 devices and probably the same or higher per unit return. Naim is probably the largest manufacturer using Chromecast for now. If you use it's optical output into a better DAC it is an acceptable way to try out streaming.

just signed up for Qobuz "Studio Premier" CD and Hi-Res quality for $14.99 (price for limited time)

so far, nice and easy interface and works great with my Lumin streamer and very good sound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Qobuz...