Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Auralic Vega 2 Vs Lumin T2

Hi all,
    I am replacing an Aurender A10 that was a great one box solution after going with a Modwright full blown Oppo 105d and an Aurender N100s and all the add-ons ( Regens, LPS's, yada ,yada.)
    I am looking at the Auralic which I feel is more of a dac with streaming capabilities or the Lumin which is a streamer with a dac built in. I would really like to get rid of my Micro Zotl2.0 s pre amp as the only source is the player.
    The Auralic looks good because of the ladder volume control and I am assuming the Lumin uses a digital volume control that may not sound as good as a stand alone. I will miss the local storage of the A10 and will have to figure out what to do with 6tb of Hi-rez files. The Aurender uses an AKM dac that seems a lot warmer then the ESS dac found in both of these players. I like the idea of the Lumin app and not really concerned with Roon. I currently stream both Tidal and Qobuz and the lack MQA is not a deal killer.
    Budget is +/- 6 k. A couple of Odyssey Kismet Monos and Persona 5f's round out the system.
    Any other suggestions would be great. Just trying to keep it simple.
    Thanks,
    Russ
    I just noticed the Lumin can accept a portable hard drive. Also mentions USB out. Is the Usb input/output configurable?
    Aurender A10 (SR Black fuses installed)>MicroZotl2.0S W/remote( SR Black )> Odyssey Kismets> Persona 5f's . Cerious Technologies Matrix IC's and Speaker cabling. Audience ArP2 TOSOX conditioner . Power chords include Audience Au24 Se, SR ,Shunyata,Triode Wire World. Stillpoints Ultra Minis.

Audioshark

Re: Auralic Vega 2 Vs Lumin T2

Lumin T2 gets my vote. Amazing support. Killer sound. Tremendous flexibility. Great looking too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Lumin T2 gets my vote. Amazing support. Killer sound. Tremendous flexibility. Great looking too.

Thanks Mike,
    Since it looks like you sell Aurender how big a step up is the T2 from the A10? Also looks like I can attach a portable USB HDD? Do you know how large of a hard drive can be attached?
    Thanks,
    Russ
    Aurender A10 (SR Black fuses installed)>MicroZotl2.0S W/remote( SR Black )> Odyssey Kismets> Persona 5f's . Cerious Technologies Matrix IC's and Speaker cabling. Audience ArP2 TOSOX conditioner . Power chords include Audience Au24 Se, SR ,Shunyata,Triode Wire World. Stillpoints Ultra Minis.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by russellbobby View Post
    Thanks Mike,
    Since it looks like you sell Aurender how big a step up is the T2 from the A10? Also looks like I can attach a portable USB HDD? Do you know how large of a hard drive can be attached?
    Thanks,
    Russ
    The T2 is a fantastic value. I was shocked at just how good it was.

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by russellbobby View Post
    Also looks like I can attach a portable USB HDD? Do you know how large of a hard drive can be attached?
    You may attach a USB HDD to Lumin for folder browsing, even a fairly large one. However, the recommended way is to host the music library on MinimServer freeware running on a NAS or a computer, especially for the size of library you have. This way browsing efficiency is much better and album / artist / genre views become available. Alternatively, our L1 5TB product can be used instead of MinimServer.

Yes, Lumin uses digital volume control. T2 has 6V rms output for XLR, which helps with getting enough volume from a passive or a direct to amp configuration. If you were used to a tube preamp sound, I'm not sure taking the tubes out of your setup will give the sound you want, but you'll likely gain resolution and transparency.

Lumin T2 (and all other models with analog output) supports full MQA decoding.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    You may attach a USB HDD to Lumin for folder browsing, even a fairly large one. However, the recommended way is to host the music library on MinimServer freeware running on a NAS or a computer, especially for the size of library you have. This way browsing efficiency is much better and album / artist / genre views become available. Alternatively, our L1 5TB product can be used instead of MinimServer.

Yes, Lumin uses digital volume control. T2 has 6V rms output for XLR, which helps with getting enough volume from a passive or a direct to amp configuration. If you were used to a tube preamp sound, I'm not sure taking the tubes out of your setup will give the sound you want, but you'll likely gain resolution and transparency.

Lumin T2 (and all other models with analog output) supports full MQA decoding.
    Thanks for the info. I am going to go both ways with the Lumin T2 and my pre vs the Auralic Vega2 as a stand-alone. Money wise works out about the same.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Auralic Vega 2 Vs Lumin T2