New Momentum HD Preamp
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Post Thanks / Like

New Momentum HD Preamp

Looks like Dan finally got around to updating his Momentum preamp, including aligning the aesthetics with the M400s:

Basic info: https://www.dagogo.com/17993-2/

I always found the pre slow and syrupy so this piqued my interest:

Taking advantage of the increased power supply capability, the output stages are now operating at a 36% percent higher voltage. “The increased output voltage has opened up the dynamics on both the micro and macro levels.” D’Agostino continued. “The speed of the dynamic contrasts jump out on a visceral level.”

2. Thanks joeinid, laynesaddiction, Ritmo thanked for this post
    Likes Alpinist, still-one, DrGjerdesmett, Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Momentum HD Preamp

Darn, it looks like I know where the funds in my audio "kitty" are headed next.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

4. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting! I hope Dan and Bill will be at Axpona. Would like to discuss this new offering (upgrade program).

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I contacted my dealer this morning. Now I just have to decide whether to update my current pre or purchase a new one with the design which would better my M400's.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

7. Likes Ritmo, Sean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I contacted my dealer this morning. Now I just have to decide whether to update my current pre or purchase a new one with the design which would better my M400's.
    Jim,

It would be pretty cool to have a new matching Momentum preamp to your black Momentum monoblocks.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

9. Likes Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I spoke with Bill and Adrian last week at a local "Music Matters" event and indeed there will be an upgrade program. While we usually don't purchase anything without an audition, last year at Munich when talking with Dan, he was so confident in the benefits of this upgrade and since we trust his words given he knows our system and preferences and he has not let us down ever in the past; we are already on the list to get the upgrade.

We are very much looking forward to getting this.
    Anthony

Front End:
    MSB Reference DAC/MSB Reference Transport/Femto 33 Clock, Magnum Dynalab MD107T, Aiwa AD-F990
    Amplification: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Preamplifier & Momentum M400 Monoblocks, Crown XLS 2502 (x3) (subwoofers)
    Speakers: Scaena La Maitresse Ultime Loudspeaker System
    Cables: Shunyata Aeros Aurora-SP, Shunyata Aeros Aurora-IC, Jungson Golden Dragon
    Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Shunyata King Cobra CX, Jungson Pure Power, JPS Labs AC+, Transparent HPPC
    Miscellaneous: ​Bohmer/Legacy Audio Wavelet DSP/Room Correction

11. Thanks Ritmo thanked for this post
    Likes Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Jim - I’ve reached out as well. My plan would be to upgrade. Thx!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine how good this new one is. The old one was fantastic and if the difference is anything close to the M300 to M400 difference was - wholly ef!!!!!!!!!!!

What a deal to be able to upgrade for $7,500
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Lumin U1, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC, Raidho D5, 2 Magico QSub15s, Shunyata Sigma IC/SC/PCs, Denali/Typhon.

Workshop: Lumin U1/BorderPatrol custom DAC, Border Patrol Pre and Power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, Magico Q15 subs, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

14. Likes Ritmo, Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New at $40K shipping sometime March 2019.

Yep, $7500 to upgrade the PreAmp to the level of a $40K PreAmp, and it is also the same amount to upgrade the 300’s in each’s, in the case of Monos.

I’m sure it’s well worth it for the sake of sound, but I am happy at the moment and will hang tight.

One note I appreciated is they indicated the “Momentum HD Preamplifier builds on the award winning platform” so I don’t feel like I own a non worthy piece in my current line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3’s & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for Gigafoil v4, modem, routers, switches & Stillpoints.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII