Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

D1 / Tidal - glitches and stuttering with Masters content

Hi all,

I've been experiencing glitches and stuttering when playing any Masters content from Tidal via my D1. I am using the internal D1 dac going straight into my Accuphase integrated amp.

From looking on this forum I've experimented with changing the MQA settings between Analog Out / Off and the other settings (Digital and Passthrough which I don't think are relevant given my setup).

If I use Analog Out I experience the glitches, and so currently have MQA turned off.

Is there a reason anyone can think of that I'm getting these glitches with Masters content only (same album that is not Masters is fine)?

Kind regards
    James

Re: D1 / Tidal - glitches and stuttering with Masters content

Tidal download speed varies greatly from one geographic location to another. When the Tidal download speed is slower than the playback speed, it will stutter. MQA content typically doubles the size and therefore requires double the download speed to work.

In a few cases, changing the router DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 may help some users (but not all). You may also try Tidal streaming in a non-peak hour.

Please turn off any unnecessary features you do not need from the D1, such as Spotify Connect, AirPlay = Lumin Streaming, Roon Ready.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I, too, had a lot of glitches and stuttering when streaming MQA files with TIDAL with my LUMIN D2. I changed my router DNS settings as Peter suggested, and that helped some, but I still had fairly frequent stuttering. I finally had to disable the MQA streaming. Recently, Qobuz became available in the US, so I signed up for that, and I found I had practically no stuttering at all with their Hi-Res files. So I dropped TIDAL and switched to Qobuz and have been very happy ever since. I think it is a network issue, rather than a LUMIN issue, and depends on the quality of data streaming you get in your location from whichever music streaming service you use. If Qobuz is available in your area, you might want to try a free monthly trial and see if it works better for you.
    McIntosh MA252, Lumin D2, Emotiva XPA 2 Gen 3, Polk Audio LSiM 705, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Oppo UDP 203, Polk Audio Signature S20

I have had no issues with MQA files streamed from Tidal. on my T1
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

I have the D2 and I never had that kind of problems, (it is connected with network cable)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

D1 / Tidal - glitches and stuttering with Masters content