Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Conrad Johnson ART27A Stereo Triode Tube Amp

KT88’s running in Triode Mode. It also runs in Pure Class-A Operation. At 36 (4 ohms) watts per channel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: Conrad Johnson ART27 Triode Tube Amp

Gotta give'em credit, CJ just keeps on going! So good to see they have not slowed down!
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

Super Moderator

Re: Conrad Johnson ART27A Stereo Triode Tube Amp

Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

is that GIANT CONRAD JOHNSON nameplate some sort of April fools joke??

seriously, get rid of it and back to the classy understated conrad-johnson.

personally, I will never buy another conrad johnson piece if that pig ugly in capitals name stays.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika
    Phono Stage: Phasemation EA-1200, Accuphase C-37,TW Acustik phono
    EQ: ​DEQX HDP-4
    Preamp: D'Agostino HD, conrad johnson GAT,
    Amps: conrad johnson teflon premier 8a's, D'Agostino Momentum S250
    Speakers: Wilson Maxx3

Quote Originally Posted by XV-1 View Post

personally, I will never buy another conrad johnson piece if that pig ugly in capitals name stays.
    I agree Shane.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Shindo, Nagra, Electrocompaniet, Harbeth, AMR, Mc Intosh, Auditorium 23, Rega, DeVore, JC Verdier, WireWorld, Kimber

Super Moderator

I’m not sure that’s the final design but I bet that amp is insanely awesome sounding. I’d probably deal with it.
    Last edited by joeinid; March 17, 2019 at 03:31 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator
    Last edited by joeinid; March 17, 2019 at 03:30 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

In the tradition of CJ, I would expect this to be a great sounding amp. I do agree that the brand label may be a bit too large.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

+2
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Super Moderator

NAD C 658 streamer.

They shoud fire the graphics designer who put that awful logo on the front panel !
    Adam

Super Moderator

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    They should fire the graphics designer who put that awful logo on the front panel !

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    They shoud fire the graphics designer who put that awful logo on the front panel !

Hopefully the large logo glows and flashes different colours at night. NOT!!

Lew Johnson retires and this is the garbage styling cj gets.
    Source: Technics SP10mk3 - Thales Simplicity II, TW Raven AC-3 - Graham Phantom, SME 3012-R, Exclusive P3,,Linn LP12 - Naim ARO
    Cartridges: Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Lyra Etna SL, Lyra Delos, Dynavector XV-1s,Technics EPC100mk4, Ortofon A90, GM Royal, GM Classic, Denon ESC'd 103R, DL-S1, Audio Technica AT25, OC9II, Linn ESC'd Troika

Hey folks... let's lighten up a bit. What we all want is the C-J sound and build quality... which is as good as ever. They will get the message on graphics. It's only a stencil. Bet you could even order it stencil free. If you need big style, you be running the doctors HiFi, like McIntosh or MBL at substantial additional cost for styling.

My ART Stereo amp is still looking good!

Best...

Quote Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
    Hey folks... let's lighten up a bit. What we all want is the C-J sound and build quality... which is as good as ever. They will get the message on graphics. It's only a stencil. Bet you could even order it stencil free. If you need big style, you be running the doctors HiFi, like McIntosh or MBL at substantial additional cost for styling.

My ART Stereo amp is still looking good!

Best...
    People love to express their opinions and bitch. This was a 2 for 1 deal. Sounds like some people cried themselves to sleep over the new logo.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    People love to express their opinions and bitch. This was a 2 for 1 deal. Sounds like some people cried themselves to sleep over the new logo.
    LOL. I am still crying myself to sleep over this garbage styling

Map. Is there a reason why it's so distasteful that we can't express our opinions and bitch?

I have never bitched about anything regarding conrad johnson, except some complaints about the GAT being hard on new production 6922 tubes. Interestingly, they changed the tubes on the GAT.

I really hope Conrad Johnson listen to the public's bitching, as I have not read one person complimenting the logo change.

If I were guessing here, I'd suspect that Jeff (CJ Owner) is probably beginning to make his own statement on what is now his company.
    I've met with him in person a few times briefly and from my own assessment he's 110% committed to CJ, is a brilliant guy, has always been very helpful, and...he probably wants to put his "mark" on CJ going forward.

No doubt that had I had the chance, I may have changed the CJ Logo somewhat also, highly unlikely I'd have picked what Jeff did, but having said all this, If I were in the market for the new amp, I'd buy the '27A in a heartbeat, BIG LOGO or not.
    Magnepan 20.7 - CJ ART 300s - CJ GATV2 - Meitner MA-1 V2 -Dedicated JRMC + Synology NAS

LOL. I am still crying myself to sleep over this garbage styling

Map. Is there a reason why it's so distasteful that we can't express our opinions and bitch?

I have never bitched about anything regarding conrad johnson, except some complaints about the GAT being hard on new production 6922 tubes. Interestingly, they changed the tubes on the GAT.

I really hope Conrad Johnson listen to the public's bitching, as I have not read one person complimenting the logo change.
    So here's the deal: If you and others hate the new logo with a passion, why not contact CJ directly and ask them to change it? Start a petition drive and get signatures. Maybe you can start a boycott of Cj products until they change the logo back to what it was. After all, didn't you say on AN that when you saw the new logo it ruined your day which I had a strong reaction to?
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Super Moderator

I’m trying not to think about this amp. It could be awesome on my Avantgarde.

mep,

there’s nothing wrong with anyone venting their opinion about a product. Why stoke everyone to extremes. If I were to order one, I’d ask about a different front plate or a blank if I were serious. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn’t stop me from buying one. Period.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Super Moderator

Ray,

Now that makes perfect sense. I never thought about it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayooo View Post
    If I were guessing here, I'd suspect that Jeff (CJ Owner) is probably beginning to make his own statement on what is now his company.
    I've met with him in person a few times briefly and from my own assessment he's 110% committed to CJ, is a brilliant guy, has always been very helpful, and...he probably wants to put his "mark" on CJ going forward.

No doubt that had I had the chance, I may have changed the CJ Logo somewhat also, highly unlikely I'd have picked what Jeff did, but having said all this, If I were in the market for the new amp, I'd buy the '27A in a heartbeat, BIG LOGO or not.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I’m trying not to think about this amp. It could be awesome on my Avantgarde.

mep,

there’s nothing wrong with anyone venting their opinion about a product. Why stoke everyone to extremes. If I were to order one, I’d ask about a different front plate or a blank if I were serious. In the grand scheme of things, it wouldn’t stop me from buying one. Period.
    Venting your opinion is different than running around with your hair on fire over a stupid logo and claiming it ruined your day. There is more history to this new logo than what you see here Joe. Maybe Polo will change their logo to a donkey and people will really have something to be upset about.

Super Moderator

Are you saying that the new logo is rooted in some CJ history that we either don’t know or understand? So it’s not really new at all?

Please help us (me) understand.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Are you saying that the new logo is rooted in some CJ history that we either don’t know or understand? So it’s not really new at all?

Please help us (me) understand.
    No, I'm talking about the same thread that was posted on AN about the logo.

Super Moderator

It’s funny, I don’t visit many other forums these days. I guess I’m not really looking for anything. I’m very happy. After having a mental block, I finally realized what you meant by AN.

I don’t remember if it was mentioned here on AS, but I’m truly sorry to read about Maggie and what happened. It’s heartbreaking.

Thanks Mark.

NAD C 658 streamer.

It’s funny, I don’t visit many other forums these days. I guess I’m not really looking for anything. I’m very happy. After having a mental block, I finally realized what you meant by AN.

I don’t remember if it was mentioned here on AS, but I’m truly sorry to read about Maggie and what happened. It’s heartbreaking.

Thanks Mark.
    Thanks Joe. It’s still raw.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    So here's the deal: If you and others hate the new logo with a passion, why not contact CJ directly and ask them to change it? Start a petition drive and get signatures. Maybe you can start a boycott of Cj products until they change the logo back to what it was. After all, didn't you say on AN that when you saw the new logo it ruined your day which I had a strong reaction to?
    Are you serious? The ugly as fccuk logo did ruin my day - figuratively, not literally. Do you get that?

I told conrad johnson my exact thoughts on their facebook page, so I assume they do read that.

Audioshark

I’m biting my tongue on this thread. Not a fan of the new owner. He goes back on his word.

I miss Bill and Lou. Men of integrity and vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Obviously the logo is too big, it looks like a big ego.
    Hi÷end is deviant sometimes ... people are divided sometimes ...

What a beautiful spring day on the island, all the trees are in flowers and the birds singing their best melodies.

By the way, what is AN?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

P.S. Sorry but in my search I did not find a Forum operation feedback section.
    With my portable I cannot any longer Edit my posts. Am I alone on this?

Enjoy this gorgeous day all. Even the bees are all busy right now and buzzing like crazy.

Wow, six years already. I remember very well like it was just yesterday.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Obviously the logo is too big, it looks like a big ego.
    Hi÷end is deviant sometimes ... people are divided sometimes ...

What a beautiful spring day on the island, all the trees are in flowers and the birds singing their best melodies.

By the way, what is AN?
    AN = audionirvana

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I’m biting my tongue on this thread. Not a fan of the new owner. He goes back on his word.

I miss Bill and Lou. Men of integrity and vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based on my limited interaction, I agree. They charged me $375 for a power switch on my prem 8A. Even the super nice LJ had to state that new pricing was from the now owners.

Once the part arrived, my tech looked at it. You can buy it for a LOT less.

Dup

AN = audionirvana
    Ha!
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Are you serious? The ugly as fccuk logo did ruin my day - figuratively, not literally. Do you get that?

I told conrad johnson my exact thoughts on their facebook page, so I assume they do read that.
    I would say as a multiple Conrad Johnson owner your opinions may weigh in a bit more than some others. I also say being polite (not saying you were not being polite, just saying) and expressing an honest opinion about not being a fan of the new logo would go a ton further then expressing how upset one might be. Just my opinion about how some people (again not saying anyone in this thread) get too worked up ....
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Looks like an alternative front panel with the traditional logo is going to be offered. (Saw on FB)

Super Moderator

Last edited by joeinid; April 13, 2019 at 03:37 AM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

That looks a lot better.

Jim

Living Room: SOTA Saphhire, Origin Live Encounter arm, Ortofon 2M Black, Graham Slee phono stage, McIntosh MR77, Oppo BDP-83, Windows 10 laptop-->TEAC UD-501-->Conrad-Johnson Sonographe SC25--> c-jMF2500-->Paradigm SE-3, Shunyata Hydra 8 v2, GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office: Windows 10 laptop-->TEAC UD-501-->Luminous Audio Axiom II passive-->c-j Sonographe SA250-->Paradigm SE-1, Shunyata Hydra.

Bedroom: Windows 10 laptop-->TEAC UD-505-->Conrad-Johnson Premier 17LS-->Conrad-Johnson MF2500-->Paradigm Studio 20 v.5, Shyunyata Delta D6, Stillpoints & GIK acoustic panels. [On Order: Shunyata Altaira CG Hub, Alpha and Venom CGC cables]

Super Moderator

I agree, but I think I’m amped out. I absolutely would love to hear it but I’m afraid.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Now this looks the part.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    In the tradition of CJ, I would expect this to be a great sounding amp. I do agree that the brand label may be a bit too large.
    Agreed its not as classy as the original logo, but, putting things into a broader perspective....these are first world problems.

Hi Mike!

Best,
    Stephen

PS And, oh, I'd love to have one...

Super Moderator

Has anyone purchased or heard the CJ ART27A amp?
    Last edited by joeinid; October 6, 2019 at 07:33 PM.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Has anyone purchased or heard the CJ ART27A amp?
    No, but I would sure like to.

Super Moderator

We're pleased to note that in their 2020 awards, HiFi+ has named the conrad-johnson ART27A "Power Amplifier of the Year" (HiFi+ issue #190). The commendation write up will be posted to our web site soon.

NAD C 658 streamer.

WOW - very cool. Anyone own one here on the forum?

Super Moderator

I’d love to know as well. This is one amp I’m definitely interested in hearing. I’m a big CJ fan from way back, despite the lack of exposure and visibility of their gear on the forums.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I just replaced my beloved c-j ART150s with an ART27A. First impression. Magnificent. A whole new experience in listening quality. And, to my surprise, plenty of power for the Wilson Yvettes in a big room.

As per Jeff Fischel, Conrad-Johnson President... "The ART27A is all about finesse! The goal was to design a power amp without compromise. The ART27A's beauty is apparent even at low to moderate listening levels".

Get a listen if you can. More detail, definition, clarity, and much improved transients. And, an even better midrange.

Super Moderator

Congratulations!

Looks like it is a winner.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Personally, I never cared for the all lower-case lettering on the name, but to each his own.

Awesome news Coppy. Got any pics of it in your system?

Anyone else got a one of these beauties?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team