National Geographic Channel - Free Solo - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: National Geographic Channel - Free Solo

I missed this thread from March. I've seen both Free Solo and Meru, plus Mountain and several others...my kind of outdoors documentaries.

Free Solo, for people who haven't seen it, I too highly recommend it, even if you're not into climbing of any sort.

~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

2. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Bonus: Free Solo 360° clip (just move your finger on the video picture in any direction) ...

~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Post Thanks / Like

You’ve inspired me, Bob. I’m actually in the Climbing Gym right now. Just did a decent overhanging route.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with
    Two Mono Powerbases, Femto 33 Clock,
    Renderer V2 and Roon Nucleus Plus
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 7000

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't even make it through the trailer. The pucker factor was overwhelming for me.
    Experiencing heights or viewing them never bothered me until i reached my 40's. Now in my mid 60's it hasn't gone away.

I clearly remember when I realized something inside me had changed. My wife and I were hiking in either Zion or Yosemite NP. We were on a rock trail a couple of feet wide with a vertical face on my left and a 800-1000' drop to my right. There was even a chain on the wall in places to hang on to. My wife was ahead of me and the trail descended in an arc and she disappeared on the trail. I remember so clearly I just stood there staring unable to take a step.
    After a few minutes my wife's head appeared coming back up the trail and said are you coming. I starred at her and said, nope, i'll wait here if you want to go farther.
    It was a very strange feeling. I don't think it was especially dangerous but something about seeing her disappear and the drop-off on the right shut down something in my brain.

I am respectful and amazed at those of you that climb.

Maybe a couple of stiff drinks and I will give the video a try again.
    Synology 1515D+ - HP SSD laptop - IPad (JRIver) - Playback Designs MPS5 - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, IC's and PC's. Audio Quest Vodka CAT 7's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

6. Likes Shadowfax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched Meru last night. Another awesome and intense movie. I can't imagine hanging off the side if a mountain in a tiny tent for 4 days in a storm. Thanks for that rec!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2