Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Found a Soulution to my quest for neutrality: 520 pre and 511 power amp.

Towards the end of last year I bought the excellent Inakustik Reference 4004 AIR loudspeaker cables. They are dead neutral, and I really like them. That triggered an interest to explore neutrality some more I had heard at Munich High End a couple of times.

So, I sold my trusty Pass and Ayre combination and went for Soulution instead. Here they are, I really like the flawlessly designed understated looks.

When I bought the Pass I was looking for some lush power, which it delivered in abundance. But over time I grew a little tired of two things. After hearing good examples for more neutral electronics like Nagra and Soulution in Munich, I started feeling that maybe the slight warmth is too much for my liking. Second thing coming with the package is a slight lack of speed. I like fast amps. And here it is, the Soulution 511.

The 511 is one of the best amps I have ever heard, and by a margin better than anything else I have had in my system. It has a slightly dark and neutral tonality, and it is very fast (600.000 microfarad storage capacitance and 2x2000W impulse power). Thus there is a lots of power on tap when needed. Detail retrieval is magnificent due to the high bandwidth of 0-800 kHz in frequency range it covers. One other thing I really enjoy, is the superb bass grip it has on the Magicos. This is a very synergistic combination IMHO.

For the pre my starting point was the Ayre KX-5/ 20 I owned for several years. A great preamp technology-wise and in tonality, but maybe not the last word in resolution. Also, adjusting volume with the Ayre was loud, a bit slow and controlling volume 1,5 db steps does not always allow to set exactly the desired volume level. So, with the 511 something else was due. I auditioned the excellent T+A P 3000 HV together with the Soulution, and it was better keeping pace with the very highly resolving and fast power amp. Yet the 520 adds a bit to soundstage width and depth, and the ultra-wide bandwidth concept offers greater insight into the music. At the end I therefore settled for the fantastic Soulution 520 with phono stage included. It has a similar resistor-based volume control as the Ayre, it’s just more sophisticated. Volume switching is bridged by another circuit during the process, so it is completely noiseless and also fast.

The 520 is really magnificent and offers great synergies with the Soulution 511. Both are designed for high resolution, ultra-wide bandwidth, speed and neutrality. I have seen some reviews where it is described as really neutral, whatever that means, to my ears it sounds perfect. Great detail retrieval, very natural sound, bass-mids-treble all well balanced, vast soundstage.

Another reason to go for this model was that it has a superb phono pre inbuilt. My logic was why not have a really great pre with the phono inbuilt, so it benefits from the qualities of the mothership. This is instead of having just a good preamp and just a good phono amp. My choice also allows de-cluttering my system a bit. The concept seems to work, as the AMG V12 appears to like the Soulution. Illinois Jaquet and Tord Gustavsen Trio have never sounded better in my system.

As a combination the Soulutions offers an expansive three dimensional soundstaging and imaging, a nice layering of the music with reverbs of instruments and venues clearly audible, superb detail retrieval through the ultra-high bandwidth, and great speed, great bass control and very nice tone colors and instrument timbres. I am really satisfied with the choices. If memory serves me right, the first time I heard the S3 mk2 was with Soulution electronics in Munich. This is now a system I could live with for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Re: Found a Soulution to my quest for neutrality: 520 pre and 511 power amp.

Congrats on the Soulution gear. I have had the same in my system including the AMGV12 with the Wilson Benesch Trinity speakers & the 2 Torus Generators. Cables were Siltech. It didn't matter what shitty twists life threw at me, when I sat down in front of that system with a very good glass of Shiraz, I was in wonderland. Brought me to tears a few times... That phono is very good too, as, no doubt you have heard. I'm a bit nostalgic reading this.

Nice to hear about your experiences with a similar system.

I had to take a couple of turns testing Soulution, as an earlier demo with a 710 power amp didn’t win me over. It sounded a bit lifeless.

But this combination I really like. And based on your message, appears you enjoyed it in your system too Found a Soulution to my quest for neutrality: 520 pre and 511 power amp..

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

I always liked the 5 series better than the 7 series in Soulutions line-up, have heard both but,.... yeah nah as far as the 7 goes..

Very nice system. It seems everything in your system have been changed except the speakers.

Sure, it has been a constant flow. Trying out stuff, comparing different components and combinations. Unfortunately, there is no substitute for hearing it in your own system. Pretty much what we do, right?

But I believe this is now the first real kind of high-endish system I’ve built.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Very nice system. It seems everything in your system have been changed except the speakers.
    The speakers are only 1 1/2 years old, and I ordered them even before EU price was announced. So they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

And I really like them, and I am therefore not looking for any change in that department.

Audioshark

Congratulations! I had the 511’s in mono with 520 and it was neutral with a hint of sweetness. Very fast and a great grip.

Unfortunately over here, Soulution has terrible resale values ($15k for mint current 7 series gear for example), poor distribution and some reliability problems which all make it a very difficult sell for a dealer. I had customers with 2, 7 series amps fail and had to go back to Europe and were gone for months and my own 511 gave trouble. Hopefully you don’t experience any issues.

If you ever get a chance, try a combo of Luxman C900u/M900u monos (or stereo). I prefer that combo, regardless of prices.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Which Pass amp did the 511 replace?
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Audience aR6-TS Incoming... Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack | Resolution Acoustics custom room treatments

Congrats. Waiting for the links to all the positive reviews.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
    Which Pass amp did the 511 replace?
    Hi Howard, I had the Pass x250.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congratulations! I had the 511’s in mono with 520 and it was neutral with a hint of sweetness. Very fast and a great grip.

Unfortunately over here, Soulution has terrible resale values ($15k for mint current 7 series gear for example), poor distribution and some reliability problems which all make it a very difficult sell for a dealer. I had customers with 2, 7 series amps fail and had to go back to Europe and were gone for months and my own 511 gave trouble. Hopefully you don’t experience any issues.

If you ever get a chance, try a combo of Luxman C900u/M900u monos (or stereo). I prefer that combo, regardless of prices.
    I hear you, I remember when I sent my Ayre power amp for the upgrade to the US. It was gone for two months.

But luckily with Soulution, if push comes to shove, I can drive them there and just drop them off.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I hear you, I remember when I sent my Ayre power amp for the upgrade to the US. It was gone for two months.

But luckily with Soulution, if push comes to shove, I can drive them there and just drop them off.

There really is no substitute for convenience. Heck, since they are right down the road, the guys from VAC come to my store if something needs fixing. Now that's service!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Mike raises some interesting points. Anytime you buy foreign gear you shoulder some risk. Recently I count myself in that number who had to send an amp back to soulution for repair. I was panic stricken when it first happened. I called the US distributor and it turns out, he is out of the country and incommunicado. So I took a flyer and emailed soulution at info@soulution-audio.com.

My email is answered within a few hours at something like 2:00 AM local time by Cyril Hammer the president of soulution. He tells me that his assistant is going to call me later that day and arrange for pick up and shipping of the unit. A day later a freight delivery truck is backing up into my driveway and away it goes.

While its gone Mr. Hammer emails me and asks me if I would like to have the current year's power supply installed while it is on the bench (I had the 2014 version). He quotes a very modest sum. Before I can answer he has already repaired the amp and installed the new power supply. The repair work was all covered by warranty including the shipping.

Long story short the amp is back on my rack within 30 days sounding better than ever. For that kind of service, I am one very happy customer.

To Mike's other point about resale, yes there is steep depreciation. Switzerland has some of the highest labor rates in the world.

Since I bought all of my soulution gear I have been to at least six different audio shows. I have been in numerous other audiophiles homes who have gear costing as much or more than mine. In all of that time I have yet to hear something that gives me the itch to make a change. But I haven't stopped going to audio shows so who knows about the future. But over the last five years it has been audio bliss for me.

Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Mike raises some interesting points. Anytime you buy foreign gear you shoulder some risk. Recently I count myself in that number who had to send an amp back to soulution for repair. I was panic stricken when it first happened. I called the US distributor and it turns out, he is out of the country and incommunicado. So I took a flyer and emailed soulution at info@soulution-audio.com.

My email is answered within a few hours at something like 2:00 AM local time by Cyril Hammer the president of soulution. He tells me that his assistant is going to call me later that day and arrange for pick up and shipping of the unit. A day later a freight delivery truck is backing up into my driveway and away it goes.

While its gone Mr. Hammer emails me and asks me if I would like to have the current year's power supply installed while it is on the bench (I had the 2014 version). He quotes a very modest sum. Before I can answer he has already repaired the amp and installed the new power supply. The repair work was all covered by warranty including the shipping.

Long story short the amp is back on my rack within 30 days sounding better than ever. For that kind of service, I am one very happy customer.

To Mike's other point about resale, yes there is steep depreciation. Switzerland has some of the highest labor rates in the world.

Since I bought all of my soulution gear I have been to at least six different audio shows. I have been in numerous other audiophiles homes who have gear costing as much or more than mine. In all of that time I have yet to hear something that gives me the itch to make a change. But I haven't stopped going to audio shows so who knows about the future. But over the last five years it has been audio bliss for me.
    Well said. Soulution (the company) has always been good to deal with, especially Cyril. Very knowledgeable and quick to respond.

Well said. Soulution (the company) has always been good to deal with, especially Cyril. Very knowledgeable and quick to respond.
    Cyril has also answered some of my questions with a very short turnaround time. I find that quite impressive.

I personally dealt with Cyril on a number of occasions including upgrading 711s to 701s. In all cases, Cyril’s customer service was always first class. A class act in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Congrats Kuoppis on your new gear. I have been tempted several times to try Soulution.
    I have read that it has great synergy with Magico. I imagine the sound is similar to the Gryphon sound precise and revealing. I also don’t see myself changing my S3Mk2’s any time soon either. I’m just in love with their sound and don’t think I could find better.....maybe just different.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Congrats Kuoppis on your new gear. I have been tempted several times to try Soulution.
    I have read that it has great synergy with Magico. I imagine the sound is similar to the Gryphon sound precise and revealing. I also don’t see myself changing my S3Mk2’s any time soon either. I’m just in love with their sound and don’t think I could find better.....maybe just different.
    Good summary, Larry. I think we’re pretty much in the same boat.

Alon did such a tremendous job in the version change from the S3 to the S3 mk2, that for my purposes I do currently not see any desire to look for anything else.

I also think the Gryphon analogy might be quite accurate, as both deliver great resolution and detail, and superb soundstage spiced with great bass detail and response.

Funny enough, I had a friend over yesterday for dinner with his family. He’s not an audiophile, but has an ok system, and understands tech very well. We listened together a bit an he was impressed. I got the feeling he might have caught the audiophile bug listening to the system Found a Soulution to my quest for neutrality: 520 pre and 511 power amp..

Congratulations on your new soulution amp. and sounds you will have a great time with your current set-up
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Congratulations on your new soulution amp. and sounds you will have a great time with your current set-up
    Appreciate it Flemming. I like the combo very much, the amps suit my taste and fit well with the other components in my chain.

Great system you have, have you ever tried to move the S3's a bit further into the room, in my view most Magico's respond very well to that
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    Great system you have, have you ever tried to move the S3's a bit further into the room, in my view most Magico's respond very well to that
    Thank you for the kind words.

Due to the picture angle the speakers look like being closer to the wall than they are. But they actually are two feet from the front wall into the room.

Finland, that´s somewhere in Northern Europe

Well done Sir, now that is a great system you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by walesi View Post
    Well done Sir, now that is a great system you have there.
    Thank you, very kind thing to say.

Beautiful set up. I can almost hear it. Sounds killer too!

Alas, because of the tax man, I'm about a year from my dream audio set up...Audio Research VSi75 integrated amp and Revel Performa 3BE speakers. I'm going to rip my somewhat large CD collection and stream audio through Qobuz. Gonna be a lonnnnnnnng wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    Beautiful set up. I can almost hear it. Sounds killer too!

Alas, because of the tax man, I'm about a year from my dream audio set up...Audio Research VSi75 integrated amp and Revel Performa 3BE speakers. I'm going to rip my somewhat large CD collection and stream audio through Qobuz. Gonna be a lonnnnnnnng wait.
    You bet it does Found a Soulution to my quest for neutrality: 520 pre and 511 power amp..

Your plan sounds great, superb gear too. I hope the wait is not too long. I still remember, when I ripped my CD collection some years back, it took me several months to get it done.

Hi there,

I also have Soulution 511 and Soulution 520 combo. I am enjoying it so so much. I also use a CH Precision P1 phono with ZYX Universe cartridge.. I believe that all good audio comes from detail and precision, with a minimum amount of coloration. The Soulution delivers in spades...

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

Kuoppis, if I'm reading your original post correctly, I got the impression that you purchased the 520 pre-amp and 511 stereo amp toward the end of 2018.

I believe the new soulution 525 pre-amp was introduced at Munich and went into production last summer.

Did you audition the 525 pre against the 520? If so what were your impressions?

Open question to anyone else that has compared the two.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Geekyaleks, beautiful room you've got there!

Quote Originally Posted by geekyaleks View Post
    Hi there,

I also have Soulution 511 and Soulution 520 combo. I am enjoying it so so much. I also use a CH Precision P1 phono with ZYX Universe cartridge.. I believe that all good audio comes from detail and precision, with a minimum amount of coloration. The Soulution delivers in spades...

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Wow serious looking gear! Gorgeous!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Congratulations. Soulution and Magico are the perfect pairing IMO. Of the many combinations I have heard thus far Soulution is the only one that has brought out the magic in Magico for me. Funny that Nagra another Swiss firm would be the next choice.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    You bet it does Found a Soulution to my quest for neutrality: 520 pre and 511 power amp..

Your plan sounds great, superb gear too. I hope the wait is not too long. I still remember, when I ripped my CD collection some years back, it took me several months to get it done.

Yeah, it took me a couple months to rip mine too. Over 11,000 songs. I tried to do about 10-15 a day. Problem is...I ripped them on iTunes to WAV. I'll have to do it all over again with the new system to get the best fidelity.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by geekyaleks View Post
    Hi there,

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg
    Wow, what a setup! I bet the sound is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Kuoppis, if I'm reading your original post correctly, I got the impression that you purchased the 520 pre-amp and 511 stereo amp toward the end of 2018.

I believe the new soulution 525 pre-amp was introduced at Munich and went into production last summer.

Did you audition the 525 pre against the 520? If so what were your impressions?

Open question to anyone else that has compared the two.
    LeRoy, I actually went for the Soulution 520 in particular, as it allows me to use my turntable with the same preamp.

I have heard the Soulution 525 as well, but I think they are rather close in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    Wow serious looking gear! Gorgeous!
    Thanks Larry, you should try Soulution with your S3 mk2s.

Very synergistic combination.

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Congratulations. Soulution and Magico are the perfect pairing IMO. Of the many combinations I have heard thus far Soulution is the only one that has brought out the magic in Magico for me. Funny that Nagra another Swiss firm would be the next choice.
    I agree. The first time I heard the Magico S3 mk2s was with Soulution in Munich. I immediately fell in love with the sound.

Badass looking system. Bet it sounds great, too.

Enjoy it!

Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Badass looking system. Bet it sounds great, too.

Enjoy it!

Thanks Sean, very kind.

I feel the current state is some level of arrival somewhere.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team