Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

B&W 804D3 vs. Focal Katana 2 vs. Magico A3

I can't do a side-by-side comparison of these 3 that I'm thinking about buying.

If you have any experience with any of these three what are your thoughts on their:

- imaging
    - neutrality
    - sound at low volume levels
    - amplifier matching
    - difficult of proper room placement

It can help me with my purchase.

Thanks.

Super Moderator

Re: B&W 804D3 vs. Focal Katana 2 vs. Magico A3

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome aboard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Lumin T2
    Gryphon Diablo 333
    Magico A3 w/ A-Pods
    AudioQuest Hurricane HC
    Shunyata PS8 & Defender & Cabling
    HRS E1

Audioshark

Magico A3 beats the other two - hands down.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

What kind of music do you listen to? What is your room like? Where will your speakers be placed in relation to the walls? What are your other components? What cables/power/tweaks?

sddave , welcome to the forum.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by Rubytuesday View Post
    What kind of music do you listen to? What is your room like? Where will your speakers be placed in relation to the walls? What are your other components? What cables/power/tweaks?

I usually listen to alternative rock, contemporary jazz, and sometimes classical guitar (Julian Bream) and baroque music.

I have a Arcam CD player but mostly stream AIFF from NAS to MacMini. MacMini USB to Bel Canto DAC3 to Musical Fidelity A5.

I live in a older condo with thin walls. So I am looking for speakers that sounds good without having to drive them hard.

the 804d3 are fairly easy to place in a room . i had the 804s and loved them . i love the look of them and that wood finish really enhances the room i find . i had mine fairly close to walls with no problems

i do like the A3 but could not live with their stark looks really . i can imagine the mf sounding great with the bowers and wilkins
    1]bel canto EIX/ F5 monoblocks . BC cd2, tannoy eaton legacy 2]bel canto pre 5 ,arcam a85 , black ice modded dac
    modded dac , marantz sa8005, Verity audio Rienzi

Quote Originally Posted by hifinutt View Post
    the 804d3 are fairly easy to place in a room . i had the 804s and loved them . i love the look of them and that wood finish really enhances the room i find . i had mine fairly close to walls with no problems

i do like the A3 but could not live with their stark looks really . i can imagine the mf sounding great with the bowers and wilkins
    Hi hifinutt, may i know what speaker cable do you use currently to drive your 804d3? I am planning to upgrade the current speaker cable. I am using Nordost the entry level ones (super flatline)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

B&W 804D3 vs. Focal Katana 2 vs. Magico A3