Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

AQVox SE Audio Switch and the GigaFoil V4 Review

Hello A/S’s:

I finally got around determining how the AQVox SE audio switch and the Gigafoil V4 compliment one another in my system.

For my review, I incorporated Nordost Heimdell II Ethernet cabling (Nordost top of the line for ethernet) between devices, a Keces P3 Linear power supply with Nordost Red Dawn Power Cable, a generic ethernet cable running approximately 50’ from the router in the server room, a piece of granite for the Gigafoil to rest on along with Stillpoints Ultra Mini’s I had available.

Systematically I configured the switch and gigafoil to hear what the results are.

Note: The AQVox SE has been in for a while, and I wrote about this somewhere on the forum - the AQVox SE made a difference over a non-audioized switch and was well worth the price of admission. Note: AQVox SE says only to use their power supply, and no after market, including their own, I believe this to be true as I tried the Keces and I lost some sound quality, but not major but enough to pull it, despite this being hard to believe.

Back in time, I added the Nordost Heimdell 2 Ethernet cables and clearly heard audible differences over the Audioquest Vodka, and the AQ Vodka is no slouch, and was profound over generic cables. I would not doubt Diamond is in a higher league than Vodka, and not sure against Nordost.

Each switch and gigafoil configuration resulted in only plus designators as all graded levels where considered an “A“. Each configuration only created subtle differences with a combination of smoothness, resolvency, timbre and blackness. For an audio junkie cumulative benefits are the game.

I tried the Stillpoints Minis under the Gigafoil and they took away from the mid and low levels, and have experienced this same problem on other pieces in my system. I do use the Stillpoint Ultra 6 under the Aurender N10 and Ultra SS under the switch, and both of the power distributors with success.

Keeping it simple, I only used one reference track; Sam Cooke, Lost and Lookin’, The Man who invented Soul.

• There is only Voice, Base and Cymbal on this track, and if you have not listened to it, check it out. I time and record certain parts of the song on paper and listen back and forth.

Here are the combinations I used:

• Original setup was the AQVox SE switch with generic ethernet for signal, and out to the N10 with Heimdell - this was considered magic, then and it is still today **** Grade A

• I went back to this configuration after testing Gigafoil, and still graded as a Solid A

• Placed Gigafoil powered by Keces BEFORE the AQVox switch with incoming generic cable in and out with the Heimdell 2 to switch, then Heimdell 2 from switch to the N10 **** Grade A, no gain or loss

• Direct from router using generic cable to Gigafoil powered by Keces with Heimdell 2 out to N10, I would choose this configuration, but have other demands for ports with Apple TV and Oppo **** grade A +, subtle gain

• Generic cable into AQVox SE with Heimdell 2 into Gigafoil powered by Keces, out with Heimdell 2 into N10, this is the one I settled on - grade A+, subtle gain

• Note: The Gigafoil and Keces have been settling in well north of 200 cumulative hours. The Keces did make a difference with the GigaFoil.

Summary:

I experienced the differences on the low end of subtle since I already had the AQVox SE switch. If you have $900.00 with nothing to do, then it may make sense to add a Gigafoil and Power supply.

In my setup, I already had a gut feeling this was to be the case, and it can be easily argued to do something else with the money, but I am a self proclaimed audio junkie, like many of you and could not help myself.

In the end, having either an audio grade switch or a Gigafoil with an aftermarket power supply is IMO all you really need.

• Note: power and cabling do firm up the listening quality, so do take that into consideration.

Hopefully this information helps somewhat, but remember, everyones system and room environments are different: what was subtle for me may be the same, less or more for you. YMMV as they say.

Happy Listening!
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Re: AQVox SE Audio Switch and the GigaFoil V4 Review

Very nice info.
    Thanks

thanks for the review!!

makes sense that you liked the two configurations with the Gigafoil just before the N10... indicates the Gigafoil is adept at its optical-isolation task. also, the observed difference over the original setup being on the "low end of subtle" is high praise for the AQVox SE switch.
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

Great review. Thanks for testing the switch and Gigafoil,together.
    Christian

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest & Iconoclast interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D-10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables

Nice write up Ed. Thanks for taking the time to move the configuration around

Thanks for the info. It’s very helpful.

Question for Ultra Fast. I already own the GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter with an upgraded power supply. It resides immediately upstream of my Select II DAC. Did the AQVox SE Audio Switch make any difference when the GigaFoilv4 Filter was the last thing before the DAC and the AQVox SE Switch was upstream of the Filter?

Thanks,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Hi Ken

I believe what your asking relates to my current combination, see below, if not, let me know, and you can also PM me as well.

• Generic cable into AQVox SE with Heimdell 2 into Gigafoil powered by Keces, out with Heimdell 2 into N10, this is the one I settled on - grade A+, subtle gain

And perhaps I was not clear above. IMO, you only really need one or the other; the gains as stated above are very subtle, guessing 5-8%. I started down the path of needing 4/5 ports so the switch made sense, and cannot say enough really about either or, both are Grade “A" contenders.

I think it is a push in cost, and that is a "think statement" between the Gigafoil plus a power supply and an AQVox SE network switch. Your stuck on Ethernet cables either way, and these add more than subtle gain depending on quality grade/level.

Nice setup by the way!

Thanks Rex, now if you were here it wold made things easier, but I understand let someone else do the work

Audioshark

Nice review Ed. I’ll be adding the AQVox SE Switch.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Nice review Ed. I’ll be adding the AQVox SE Switch.
    Thanks. It will be interesting to see what your take is on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Thanks. It will be interesting to see what your take is on it.

Also, I noticed the formatting made a lot more space when I copied it over, can you help lose some of the spacing unless you don’t think so

Thanks a ton for this review... I think you saved me $900 (for now)... I have had the Aqvox SE for about 6 months and have found it to be fantastic. While I'm sure there will be another next great thing at some point, it is very helpful to know that the Gigafoil is probably more of a lateral move than anything else. Obviously the benefit with the Aqvox is that you have a lot more ports than the single out with the Gigafoil, but it all depends on what you want/need in your system.

I too have found it very curious that the seemingly cheap power supply for the Aqvox is the suggested route by the company. I have assumed that somehow they "tuned" the unit to that power supply.

I have seen plenty of talk about UpTone audio developing a similar ethernet device for some time now. No release news yet.

Regardless, I think all who have heard the Aqvox and/or Gigafoil would demand keeping one in their system. They do make a really big difference. For all the money folks spend on this hobby, these devices are an absolute no brainer for ethernet.

Now... maybe it's time to do a proper comparison with one of these units against a fiber connection on my Lumin X1 - Ha!

Thanks again for the review.
    Jeremy

Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Power Amp: VAC 200iQ (stereo)
    Source/DAC/Preamplifier: MSB Reference DAC (Femto 77 / Dual Powerbase)
    Power: Shunyata Triton V3 / Shunyata Typhon QR / AQ NRG 20 Outlet / Dedicated 20 amp circuit
    -------------
    Power Cables: AQ Dragons to components / AQ Hurricane to Typhon QR
    Speaker Cables: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1
    Interconnects: MIT Heritage MI 2C3D - Level 1 (XLR)
    Ethernet: AQ Vodka > Aqvox SE > AQ Diamond > MSB Reference DAC
    Racks: Critical Mass Sotto Voce with Black Platinum shelves

I found that the Gigafoil made a bigger difference in my system than the AQvox SE alone. If you have the AQVOX SE the gigafoil is a must have item, as it gets rid of any last bit of noise on the line. The Sablon Audio ethernet cable also is a great way to go between foil and dac.

Rubbish Jeffy. You hit the nail on the head when you said "in my system". You seem to need it for what ever reason. To say its a must have for every other person who has the AQVox switch??????? Why would you say that ?

How can you extrapolate that what happens in your very specific set up is going to be recreated in every other set up across the country and across the globe???

Of course this is in my system. Anyone can try the switch or foil for a home trial and return if they don’t like it.

I apologize for being snappy. I think absolute terms set me off.

Why would the AQVox SE Audio Switch make any improvement in sound quality when a downstream DJM GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter eliminates virtually all noise on the line? The answer could be that it reduces jitter. Therefore, having both isn’t necessarily redundant.

Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Why would the AQVox SE Audio Switch make any improvement in sound quality when a downstream DJM GigaFoilv4 Ethernet Filter eliminates virtually all noise on the line? The answer could be that it reduces jitter. Therefore, having both isn’t necessarily redundant.

Ken
    Both are powerful, especially under the scenario I described, however, aside from the additional ports needed in my system, the quality of sound in my experience was a plus rating on an A grade, still a gain but subtle and if the budgets not a factor, it’s a game of accumulation.

Note: the AQVox SE performs with ultra-low-noise voltage regulation, filters to control signal and EMI and a clock to address jitter allowing a cleaner signal to the Gigafoil and subsequently to the DAC while the Gigafoil controls noise incorporating fiber optics into the build as a filter.

What’s interesting is MSB tells us less is more, which makes sense to me and adding an additional box plus cables doesn’t follow this thought but it does provide a gain, albeit subtle as it may be.

At a minimum, a big plus for the gigafoil is it isn't causing any harm. The same is not always said for other similar devices such as usb regeneration.

I've been following a Computer Audiophile thread for about a year on the Ethernet Switch John Swenson of Uptone Audio is developing. From what they say, it is an ambitious active Ethernet isolation and clocking implementation that is wholly different from other audiophile ethernet devices and switches on the market.

It is not in production yet, but given their description of their work, and the track record with their other products, it may be worth waiting to see what they come up with.
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

I'm still waiting for Uptone's EtheRegen, but in a few days it will be a year since Alex Crespi announced that they were working on this project. I will continue to have patience.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

I’m benefiting now AQVox SE Audio Switch and the GigaFoil V4 Review

Never liked the regen no way would I try his new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
    Never liked the regen no way would I try his new one.
    You meant you didn't like the regen products for USB? The older USB regen or the newer ISO regen?
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Regen usb

Audioshark

https://youtu.be/gwTATKd69FQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike, et al...

I am in agreement with Hans in the video and like how he uses the spectacle and windscreen analogy towards the end of the video.

Happy Listening!

I ordered an AQVox and the new SOtM sNH-10G with clock input to compare. The AQ just shipped and the SOtM will be here in a couple weeks.

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

Super Dave Osbourne - the SOtM with clock looks like a very nice build...this will be interesting.

Super Dave Osbourne - the SOtM with clock looks like a very nice build...this will be interesting.
    I ordered the AQVox before I had read anything about the SOtM and wanted to cancel the order but decided to compare them. From what I've read, the SOtM seems to be the leader but I want to hear for myself. it a PITA getting all these 0 and 1s in order!!

Dave
    Speaker: Rockport Avior & Mira, B&W 803 D
    Amp: Nagra HD Monos, McIntosh Mc303 & 601
    Pre: Nagra HD pre
    Source: Esoteric K-01X & G-01, Aurender W20
    Cable: Transparent Ref Gen 5 SC & Ref XL PC
    Grounding: Tripoint Elite, Thor SE, Emperor Mkii

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I ordered the AQVox before I had read anything about the SOtM and wanted to cancel the order but decided to compare them. From what I've read, the SOtM seems to be the leader but I want to hear for myself. it a PITA getting all these 0 and 1s in order!!

Dave

I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming EtherRegen from Uptone will end up being the best of the bunch, and at a better price. This is only based on reading over the last year about their development of a unique tech for their audio switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Willco View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming EtherRegen from Uptone will end up being the best of the bunch, and at a better price. This is only based on reading over the last year about their development of a unique tech for their audio switch.

It's been upcoming for a year...who cares???

I ordered an AQVox and the new SOtM sNH-10G with clock input to compare. The AQ just shipped and the SOtM will be here in a couple weeks.

Dave
    It is not clear on their website, can you confirm if the SOtM can be ordered with a Master Clock Connection option and whether it is a 50 or 75 ohm BNC?
    Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, ClearAudio Performance SE, Satisfy Arm & Maestro Wood MM Cartridge
    Power: 3 x 20 Amp Lines, Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Shunyata Sigma v2 NR, Block Audio Power Cords, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
    Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - Alpha CGS cables
    Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon Modified) Buffalo GS2016 Switches powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
    Cables: Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, 1M & 6M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
    Other: Isoacoustics GAIA I footers on the Kharmas, GIK/Vicoustics/Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Here are some details:

Designed for high end network audio.
    Specially designed Ethernet noise filter.
    Support 10, 100, 1G ethernet
    8 x RJ-45 ports
    2 x SFP ports
    LED indicator on/off function
    sCLK-EX High End clock module
    10MHz master clock input
    Wide range of power input(6.5v ~ 12v)

10.000MHz sine wave clock output
    All Isolated clock output
    50Ω(optional75Ω) BNC connector x 4
    Extremely ultra low phase noise
    Ultra low regulator circuit
    Temperature stability : ±2E-9

I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think.

I upgraded my cable service today from 60 megabytes per second to 1000 megabytes per second. I'm ordering the new modem tonight. Once I have the modem and know the input voltage, I will buy a keses P8 power supply and power my modem and router with it. I'm starting there instead of starting with a gigafoil. I want to clean up everything that's existing before trying to filter out the problems afterwards. Or so my beliefs lead me to think in such a way.

I already have a linear solution switch. I definitely heard a difference with it. I wish someone had all three to really listen and compare them all. In the end, I bet they will all be somewhat close. Maybe more of a Sonic difference rather than a performance superiority difference

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think.

I upgraded my cable service today from 60 megabytes per second to 1000 megabytes per second. I'm ordering the new modem tonight. Once I have the modem and know the input voltage, I will buy a keses P8 power supply and power my modem and router with it. I'm starting there instead of starting with a gigafoil. I want to clean up everything that's existing before trying to filter out the problems afterwards. Or so my beliefs lead me to think in such a way.

I already have a linear solution switch. I definitely heard a difference with it. I wish someone had all three to really listen and compare them all. In the end, I bet they will all be somewhat close. Maybe more of a Sonic difference rather than a performance superiority difference
    I agree with going to the head of the line and addressing the modem and router. I’m not sure the difference but I had lower tier Nordost cabling that powers the LPS.

I plan on being there to hear and see the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I’ll hold off on any audiophile switch purchase until I hear the results of your comparison.

Ken

Arn't clocks $2000 to $3500?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Arn't clocks $2000 to $3500?
    I see $3500 on the SOtM site, just not sure if that’s the clock for the switch.

My thought to pick apart is the AQVox or Linear Solution is less expensive and contains a clock aside from filters.

The AQVox or Linear audio switch will feed into a second and possibly third clock as in my case. (Aurender N10 and Brinkmann Nyquist MK II DAC)

I am in the camp clocks are important to support transmission for streaming and also you get what you pay for in most cases.

So depending what’s downstream from an audio grade switch you may be able to save a little bit not adding a $XXXX clock to an audio switch and put the money into cabling or something else. Note: Quality RJ45 cabling is a requirement, not an option and since I can’t help myself Linear power and cable up the modem, router and switch - mind blowing

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    It's been upcoming for a year...who cares???
    People with extreme patience! 😬
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Bakoon 13r Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

Uptone might end up making a decent switch. What I find interesting about audiophile switch upgrades is it every person I've ever talked to has done it has always found it to be a positive Improvement, They never removed it from their system. I've seen other devices inserted into USB chains that people claim are great but when you talk to them personally some amount of months later they're not using it anymore.

@ultrafast69 Hi, i read your post about Aqvox SE switch. I saw in your signature you also own an etherREGEN. I also own both AQvox and etherREGEN but i find etherREGEN does not improve anything compare to AQvox so just want to ask you what do you use etherREGEN for?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vutranchitam View Post
    @ultrafast69 Hi, i read your post about Aqvox SE switch. I saw in your signature you also own an etherREGEN. I also own both AQvox and etherREGEN but i find etherREGEN does not improve anything compare to AQvox so just want to ask you what do you use etherREGEN for?
    Thanks.
    Hi there, welcome!

Initially I went back and forth with etherREGEN and ended up liking it. Yes, it runs hot but in my situation it doesn’t matter as its on the other side of the wall.

In terms of performance, it works and IMO better to have a switch built from the ground up (etherREGEN or Ansuz) or a modified one line AQVox.

If I did not indicate earlier etherREGEN did not want anything before server other than etherREGEN, it didn’t perform better without the Gigafoil optical filter. Also, IME it performs better with a LPS with aftermarket DC cables and power cable, and don’t forget them modem.

What really changed the game is when I moved the modem and switch closer to the audio system but still fed power from a separate sub panel. I sourced a 35-40’ of Belden 1694A coaxial F Type connection from Blue Jeans Cable (affordable, excellent company to work with) replacing the 45’ run of Belden ethernet cable. This allowed me to now run Audioquest Diamonds straight through from modem > Router > Switch > Gigafoil > Aurender

The existing Belden now connects on the multiple port side of etherREGEN back to the AQVox that supports the home network.

I’m not in the camp saying one piece of gear kills another unless your foundation is in order.

Both switches are in service and bring improvement to sound quality and would not say one is better than the other. Both do the job as intended.

Hope this helps!

I tried modem > aqvox se > ‘A’ side of Ether > ‘B’ side > DCS Vivaldi One (all use nordost heimdall Ethernet cable).
    SQ is not good comparing to modem > aqvox se > DCS Vivaldi One

Quote Originally Posted by vutranchitam View Post
    I tried modem > aqvox se > ‘A’ side of Ether > ‘B’ side > DCS Vivaldi One (all use nordost heimdall Ethernet cable).
    SQ is not good comparing to modem > aqvox se > DCS Vivaldi One
    There you go, that’s the fun part of all this. With so many variables including the audiophile there almost never is a perfect answer when comparing apples to apples

I don't understand the topology change. Are you saying it sounds best with everything out of side A of the Ether. Not as good out of the supposed optimized side B

There you go, that’s the fun part of all this. With so many variables including the audiophile there almost never is a perfect answer when comparing apples to apples

Adding Gigafoil 4 to AQvox with all Heimdall cables looks good. Sound more analog my friend.
    Btw, I still dont know how to use my etherREGEN with my current system.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team