Q: Can anyone speak to the differences between LampizatOr GG and MSB Premier? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q: Can anyone speak to the differences between LampizatOr GG and MSB Premier?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    so when does the bad boy Ref dac land? So excited for you, Jordan!
    Mike - said it would be around 4 weeks from order placement. Itís been 2 weeks...so halfway there unless it gets in sooner. One can hope! Seriously struggling to wait! Mike...have put the afterburners on!!
    Last edited by Germanboxers; March 30, 2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Room: 22' W x 26.5' L x 10' H. Constructed with double drywall with acoustic glue between sheets. Drywall isolated from studs and joists using IsoMax Isolation Clips.
    Room Treatments: Mix of GIK Acoustics Bass Traps, 244 panels with scatter plates and 242 panels with scatter plates
    Digital Files Handling: NAS -> Roonserver on CAPSv3 - i7 quad-core powered by Uptone Linear PS.
    Power Conditioning: Equi=Tech 2RQ Balanced Isolation Transformer, PS Audio Premier.
    Front End: MSB Reference DAC (Femto 77, Preamp Module, Renderv2)
    Amplifier: Audio Research Reference 75 SE
    Speakers: Zu Definitions Mk4
    Video: Oppo BD-103 BR Player, JVC RS67U projector, 133" diagonal Da-Lite Cinema Contour Fixed Frame screen.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Q: Can anyone speak to the differences between LampizatOr GG and MSB Premier?

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Mike- any updated comments on the Premier vs Ref as you've had significant time with them now?
    Me? REF all the way. Base REF outperforms a pimped out Premier.

I just want to say, the Discrete with dual power supply ($1495 extra) is insanely good for the $$$. Basically at $13,500 it trumps many more expensive DACís. You know, the ones I keep taking in on trade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Q: Can anyone speak to the differences between LampizatOr GG and MSB Premier?

Quote Originally Posted by Germanboxers View Post
    Mike - said it would be around 4 weeks from order placement. Itís been 2 weeks...so halfway there unless it gets in sooner. One can hope! Seriously struggling to wait! Mike...have put the afterburners on!!
    Vrrrroooom!

MSB is busy as heck.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, SRA, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

Post Thanks / Like

Does the man have a network input ?
    Server option ?
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Bespoke Windows Server 2016 server with AO
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.
    Dac lampi Pac and GG2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Server option ?
    Renderer??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Me? REF all the way. Base REF outperforms a pimped our Discrete.

I just want to say, the Discrete with dual power supply ($1495 extra) is insanely good for the $$$. Basically at $13,500 it trumps many more expensive DAC’s. You know, the ones I keep taking in on trade!

The question, Mike, was not about Discrete vs. Reference, but Premier vs. Reference.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Q: Can anyone speak to the differences between LampizatOr GG and MSB Premier?

Quote Originally Posted by Al M. View Post
    The question, Mike, was not about Discrete vs. Reference, but Premier vs. Reference.
    Yes, and I answered it. The Discrete was just a typo. Corrected above.

Mention of Discrete with dual power supply was just a sidebar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Server option ?
    Al, see the attached image to understand how my network is setup and how I plan to proceed. Looking for opinions on this in another thread as well.

With the GG in the system, I used the capsv3 computer as an NAA in the room and used my i7 desktop computer in the office to run roonserver and HQPlayer. Going forward, I plan to use the capsv3 computer in the utility room to run roonserver with music storage on a synology NAS in the same room.

The capsv3 is running W10 optimized with the audiophile optimizer. I also have a replacement SSD that has licensed W12 Server with AO, but I couldn't make that work reliably as an NAA so I switched to W10 w/AO instead. I may try W12 Server with roonserver at some point to see if it is better.

Also, the image below shows RCA from MSB Ref to ARC Ref75SE, it is actually balanced, not RCA

Audio Layout-4-1-2019.jpg
    Last edited by Germanboxers; March 31, 2019 at 09:28 AM. Reason: additional info
    Room: 22' W x 26.5' L x 10' H. Constructed with double drywall with acoustic glue between sheets. Drywall isolated from studs and joists using IsoMax Isolation Clips.
    Room Treatments: Mix of GIK Acoustics Bass Traps, 244 panels with scatter plates and 242 panels with scatter plates
    Digital Files Handling: NAS -> Roonserver on CAPSv3 - i7 quad-core powered by Uptone Linear PS.
    Power Conditioning: Equi=Tech 2RQ Balanced Isolation Transformer, PS Audio Premier.
    Video: Oppo BD-103 BR Player, JVC RS67U projector, 133" diagonal Da-Lite Cinema Contour Fixed Frame screen.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a TP Link optical ethernet isolator that can be used, but I would MUCH prefer that it not be in the music room. Will the receiver on this be able to drive the ~40-50ft of ethernet cable from the utility room to the music room? I was thinking something like switch->TPLink->40-50ft ethernet cable->MSB Ref as a possibility.

I could use the UPtone LPS 2nd feed to power the receiver end of the TPLink and a cheaper LPS for the sender side. The primary feed off the Uptone LPS will feed the capsv3 server.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes, and I answered it. The Discrete was just a typo. Corrected above.

Mention of Discrete with dual power supply was just a sidebar.
    Ok thanks, Mike.
    Simaudio Moon Neo 260 DT CD Transport / MIT SL-Matrix Plus AES/EBU digital cable / Schiit Yggdrasil Analog 2 DAC / Octave HP 700 preamp / Octave RE 320 stereo amp with Super Black Box / Reference 3A Reflector monitors on Sound Anchors Signature Stands / dual JL Audio Fathom 112 v2 subwoofers on ASC SubTraps / ZenWave Audio D4 and SMSG cables / Acoustic treatment: tube traps, Tri-panels, window plugs, ceiling diffusers (all ASC), large absorbing panels (Acoustics First), diverse carpets chosen for acoustic properties: wool, polypropylene basket-weave

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast