Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

thumbsup Allnic A6000 Quad Parallel 300bxls SET Monoblocks - Quick Initial Review

I recently took a chance on a pair Allnic A6000 that I saw listed on Audiogon used and I felt compelled to share my opinion of their sonic qualities. I was using an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier up until very recently because my new Tekton Encores needed more power than 8wpc to really drive them properly. 8wpc was enough to get them going, but the amp would soft clip on certain bass notes and left me wanting to play louder without losing its composure and that SET-like holographic magic the Diavolo was capable of at more modest volume levels.

From the moment I unboxed the Allnics and set them up there was no mistaking their unbelievably good build quality and understated elegant looks. I quickly fed the Allnic a signal from my Ayon Audio Stealth Tube DAC just to get a bearing on the amps abilities. That listening session lasted 10 hours!

The first word I would associate with hearing the Allnics would be "haunting" or "startling". They have incredible dynamics both micro and macro. They do depth and soundstage about as good as I've heard in 44 years of listening to music. The decays and ambiance in recordings would just hang in the air and wash over you. There's a layering of sounds in the soundstage and unbelievable good delineation between instruments and voices. This was preserved even at volume levels too loud for me to ever need to be satiated. There was no sense of strain detected and the presentation was effortless and controlled. Having 60wpc of raw SET power from 4 pairs of Emission Labs 300bxls had me grinning from ear to ear.

Everything I threw at these amplifiers was served back to me in such a way to command my attention. Little nuances in songs that usually get buried were clear and exploded out of blackness. They are very quiet only exhibiting the faintest sound of hiss with my ear up to the tweeter array of my 96db/4ohm Tekton Encores and at 6" away it was complete silence.

These amps excell at sense of scale and just don't run out of steam even on big Kodo Drums or big orchestral pieces. Their ability to reach you at your core and stand the hairs up on you neck and give you goosebumps can not be understated. They simply make music sound more real and palpably fleshed out. I am ecstatic with my purchase and highly recommend anyone to give them a try!

Super Moderator

Re: Allnic A6000 Quad Parallel 300bxls SET Monoblocks - Quick Initial Review

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Thanks Joe!

Congratulations. Sounds like a great purchase!
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-twelve Mk2 DAC, Totaldac d1-player, Totaldac d1-streamer, Totaldac Live Power supply
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo SX speaker, phono, analog and digital interconnects
    Power products: Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX and Transporter Ultra. Galileo SX and SRX power cords. Keces P3 LPS for cable modem and router.

Thanks Dth31, I'm very happy 😊

Quote Originally Posted by wh01sjongalt View Post
    I recently took a chance on a pair Allnic A6000 that I saw listed on Audiogon used and I felt compelled to share my opinion of their sonic qualities. I was using an Art Audio Diavolo SET 300b Tube Amplifier up until very recently because my new Tekton Encores needed more power than 8wpc to really drive them properly. 8wpc was enough to get them going, but the amp would soft clip on certain bass notes and left me wanting to play louder without losing its composure and that SET-like holographic magic the Diavolo was capable of at more modest volume levels.

From the moment I unboxed the Allnics and set them up there was no mistaking their unbelievably good build quality and understated elegant looks. I quickly fed the Allnic a signal from my Ayon Audio Stealth Tube DAC just to get a bearing on the amps abilities. That listening session lasted 10 hours!

The first word I would associate with hearing the Allnics would be "haunting" or "startling". They have incredible dynamics both micro and macro. They do depth and soundstage about as good as I've heard in 44 years of listening to music. The decays and ambiance in recordings would just hang in the air and wash over you. There's a layering of sounds in the soundstage and unbelievable good delineation between instruments and voices. This was preserved even at volume levels too loud for me to ever need to be satiated. There was no sense of strain detected and the presentation was effortless and controlled. Having 60wpc of raw SET power from 4 pairs of Emission Labs 300bxls had me grinning from ear to ear.

Everything I threw at these amplifiers was served back to me in such a way to command my attention. Little nuances in songs that usually get buried were clear and exploded out of blackness. They are very quiet only exhibiting the faintest sound of hiss with my ear up to the tweeter array of my 96db/4ohm Tekton Encores and at 6" away it was complete silence.

These amps excell at sense of scale and just don't run out of steam even on big Kodo Drums or big orchestral pieces. Their ability to reach you at your core and stand the hairs up on you neck and give you goosebumps can not be understated. They simply make music sound more real and palpably fleshed out. I am ecstatic with my purchase and highly recommend anyone to give them a try!

Congrats on the Allnic A6000's working well with the tekton speakers. when i heard tektons in the past, they always sounded better with more watts(quality), than those low watt amps.

Hey PureVinyl - I couldn't agree with you more!

They sound like awesome amplifiers! Congratulations! {PS we love pictures }

I absolutely love my Audio Mirror SET 45 mono blocks. 45 WPC is plenty for me on my 89dB KEF speakers. I can only imagine how good the Allnics are .

I have no doubt that the 300b tubes would out class my 6c33c's, but the "Mig" tubes do a nice job. They give me the total music involving sound of SET amplifiers with enough power and dynamics for my speakers and room.

Enjoy the music on those fantastic amplifiers!
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thanks Randy. I know your Audio Mirrors 6C33c amps are great sounding too. I actually had purchased some parallel 6c33c monoblocks recently, but they arrived broken with some quality control issues (wired wrong, broken iec jacks) and I returned them and bought these instead. I sure thought they had real potential though!

Sorry that you had an issue with the ones you tried. However it ended with you getting the Allnic .

What brand did you try anyway? I know there are not many companies that use the 6c33c tubes.
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Allnic is wonderful products. They are way underrated. Enjoy them. Allnic A6000 Quad Parallel 300bxls SET Monoblocks - Quick Initial Review
    Paul

They were made by an obscure company called Lansing Audio in CA and being sold on Audiogon. Even after getting them repaired they exhibited pretty bad buzzing sounds and when measured they were putting out only 9.6 clean watts before clipping. They were suppose to be 45wpc. I've heard other 6c33c amps in the past (LAMM, BAT) which sounded very good so I don't know why these were so awful.

That is terrible. Very bad that you had that experience with the 6c33c tube amplifiers.

The Audio Mirrors are fantastic. Vladimir builds amazing amplifiers. The recent review in The Absolute Sound was fantastic and he concluded by saying that if they were twice the price he would still have given his absolute highest recommendation.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    That is terrible. The Audio Mirrors are fantastic. The recent review in The Absolute Sound was fantastic and he concluded by saying that if they were twice the price he would still have given his absolute highest recommendation.
    Randy, I actually considered the Audio Mirrors to replace the Lansing Audio 6c33c monoblocks! I read that same review just a couple a weeks ago! I sent an email to him, but haven't heard back. He may be busy because of that glowing (pardon the pun) review. He has them priced at a steal of a price considering the build quality and your getting fairly beefy monoblocks. I found out about them initially because he listed a pair on Audiogon. They sure are pretty with excellent build quality and a very well thought out protection/bias circuit. Congratulations on getting a great pair of amps at an outstanding price. When I saw they were around $5k I looked at my broken & homemade looking Lansing amps and felt cheated! If I hadn't stumbled upon the Allnics on Audiogon I would have pursued the Audio Mirrors myself, but I have been curious about the Allnics for some time and know the sound quality of EML 300bxls tubes very well coming from an Art Audio Diavolo SET and decided to give the Allnics a try without having a chance to hear them. I got lucky, I guess.

Vlad is selling a new pair on US Audio Mart for $3600. If anyone is interested I would recommend these. Obviously I have nothing to gain but knowing how much I love these amps, and how members of our local audio club drool over them ....

They are also very good at tube rolling. I recently purchased a pair of Black Treasures CV-181z tubes because Vlad had recommended them to me.

I would love to listen to your Allnic amplifiers. I can only imagine that they are even better then the Audio Mirror amplifiers!

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Myers View Post
    That is terrible. Very bad that you had that experience with the 6c33c tube amplifiers.

The Audio Mirrors are fantastic. Vladimir builds amazing amplifiers. The recent review in The Absolute Sound was fantastic and he concluded by saying that if they were twice the price he would still have given his absolute highest recommendation.
    I have a friend looking for SET amp. I steered him to the Audio Mirrors.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Allnic A6000 Quad Parallel 300bxls SET Monoblocks - Quick Initial Review