Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: From Sonus faber to Magico

Did they have MCOAT paint color samples at the dealer?

Their store demo S7 are on sale.

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 19.55.33.png

No, didn't see any paint samples. Not sure if the had them. I was having such a great time I forgot to ask.
    I had enough examples from various pic's presented here (thanks all) and elsewhere to settle on the color before I had the demo.

The scuff marks you see have since been touched up. You barely notice them.
    Didn't ask about the price, but I think someone's going to get a real good deal.
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

FYI.. The equipment I demoed the S7 with was nothing short of reference quality. The amps were Boulder 1160 Class A mono's, Boulder 1110 Pre-amp,
    Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with a Universal arm and Goldfinger cartridge. A full loom of Nordost ODIN cables. Not sure of the PC's (probably Nordost ) or rack system but
    it had some carbon fiber elements to it and there was a streaming server (didn't catch the brand) w/wireless controller...Whew!

No wonder I was blown away!
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

Have you heard M3?

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Have you heard M3?
    Yes.. they had a pair in there too. If you want my opinion I'd say it was a real close toss-up. You could tell the M3 was slightly more transparent due no doubt
    to the more advanced enclosure design. On the other hand the S7 had the upper hand when it came to the lower frequencies which, to me,
    was just a bit more satisfying. They had a pair of JL Gotham subs in the room, but they weren't used. I'm pretty sure that if they had been used with the M3, it
    would have been game over for the S7.

Gene
    Congratulations on your S7
    They compared very well to the M project , when I heard both

The bass is so good , I think Mike mentioned this.

Would not change mine for the M3

I think the typical upgrade path to M3 is for owners coming from S3/5 or Q3/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Yes.. they had a pair in there too. If you want my opinion I'd say it was a real close toss-up. You could tell the M3 was slightly more transparent due no doubt
    to the more advanced enclosure design. On the other hand the S7 had the upper hand when it came to the lower frequencies which, to me,
    was just a bit more satisfying. They had a pair of JL Gotham subs in the room, but they weren't used. I'm pretty sure that if they had been used with the M3, it
    would have been game over for the S7.
    Congrats on the S7 , as to the A-75 , I'm also a big accuphase fan, for years now, pretty familiar with the line and build quality , IMO an A75 is not enuff power to do justice to S7's, it will take 250-300 watts @8 ohm to wake up and control a pr of S7's ...

Regards ...

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Congrats on the S7 , as to the A-75 , I'm also a big accuphase fan, for years now, pretty familiar with the line and build quality , IMO an A75 is not enuff power to do justice to S7's, it will take 250-300 watts @8 ohm to wake up and control a pr of S7's ...

Regards ...
    Sure, power is a good thing in some cases and while I appreciate your thoughts i will go with the opinion stated, in no uncertain terms, by Magico's Peter Mackay in an earlier post. As far as I'm concerned this particular issue has been laid to rest. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Regards ...

Good point. KeithR offered similar and I thought well considered advice – only to have it kicked back in his face.

The only thing I’d add is caution is needed when seeking advice from loudspeaker manufacturers about suitable amplifiers – especially if such advice comes back with caveats – like listening at modest volumes etc. I had one loudspeaker manufacturer once tell me that a high quality 50 watt amplifier was good enough for their speakers. Well, it was good enough in the sense that the amplifier moved the drivers – but I later found out that 5x that power (250 watts) was really needed to wake up and exert full control over the speakers and accurately track the dynamic contours of classical and other music.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

" Good point. KeithR offered similar and I thought well considered advice – only to have it kicked back in his face."

Continuing to argue the facts with other members who apparently have trouble accepting the truth about a non-existent issue is both frustrating and pointless.

From Sonus faber to Magico

Gene. You are the one who owns the Accuphase and now the S7 are coming. Enjoy them together. I believe with their high damping factor it shouldn’t be a problem to drive them properly and you know what if it doesn’t you can always add another one From Sonus faber to Magico
    Paul

I wouldn’t trade my S7s for M3s either.

Class A power works just fine for the S7s.

The S7s love power.
    Howard

Pass Labs XS 300's, XS Pre | Berkeley Audio Design Alpha DAC Reference Series 3, Alpha USB Series 2 | Aurender W20SE, ACS10 | Magico S7's with MPOD's, QSub 15 x 2 | Shunyata Denali 2000T x 2 with Sigma HC | Shunyata Everest 8000 w/ Omega XC | MIT Heritage and Oracle Interconnects and speaker cables | Critical Mass Maxxum rack

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Good point. KeithR offered similar and I thought well considered advice – only to have it kicked back in his face.

The only thing I’d add is caution is needed when seeking advice from loudspeaker manufacturers about suitable amplifiers – especially if such advice comes back with caveats – like listening at modest volumes etc. I had one loudspeaker manufacturer once tell me that a high quality 50 watt amplifier was good enough for their speakers. Well, it was good enough in the sense that the amplifier moved the drivers – but I later found out that 5x that power (250 watts) was really needed to wake up and exert full control over the speakers and accurately track the dynamic contours of classical and other music.

+1

Quite possibly a necessary upgrade in the near future for sure. ironically the S7 demo heard by the OP was with a 600/600 @4 ohm Boulder ... was

regards

" Good point. KeithR offered similar and I thought well considered advice – only to have it kicked back in his face."

Continuing to argue the facts with other members who apparently have trouble accepting the truth about a non-existent issue is both frustrating and pointless.
    Discuss .........

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post

Amen. And JA @ Stereophile couldn't get Pass XA60 monoblocks to wake up the S5mk2s, but Peter McKay *thinks* 60-watt Class A stereo works so its cool. Honestly, as I suggested, not sure why Gene doesn't bring his amp to the local dealership and see. He can compare with higher power amps directly. Ironic that I'm a big Accuphase fan btw.

Forums are for advice - if he just wants to accept the "advice" of the manufacturers and for us to give him a round of applause on a purchase then what's the point.
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

I greatly appreciate the advice of any of my "audio elders" including sales reps and vice presidents of major speaker manufacturers who have way more knowledge about these issues than i do. After all i'm no super hard core audiophile genius, industry insider, or electrical engineer. I have a basic knowledge. I have no audiophile ego that needs to be stroked and petted and I and certainly didn't come back to this forum after a long stretch away, just to be validated and gushed over. I only wanted to share my happiness.

I guess its hard sometimes to admit that you might be wrong, especially when you think you know more than you really do and if the A-75 falls flat on its face,
    then your point will be rammed home and validated and I'll deal with it. But If it does work ok.. you'll be hearing from me. Thank you all for your input.

One other thing.. JA @Sterophile never said anything in his review of the S5mkii about the Pass XA60's being unable, as you put it to "wake" them up.
    He actually said on page two ... " I felt that the Magicos' bass was a little too fat with the Pass Labs amps. Substituting MBL Corona C15 monoblocks gave better control of the low frequencies" Please explain how you get "couldn't get Pass XA60 monoblocks to wake up the S5mk2s, from what was actually written?

Interesting that the specs for the MBL's lists
    damping factor as ">100" and the Accuphase A-75 is at "1000". What's even more interesting is the Pass Labs amps damping factor is listed at 150.. slightly greater than the MBL's . I wonder which amp would have better control and elicit better bass response from the S7?

My Pass int-60 with 30 watts class A had no problem with my S3MK2’s with 88db 4 ohms. Meter needle rarely even moved. I know there are other factors that come into play but I think you should be fine. I also called Pass to confirm their compatibility with the Magicos
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Trust me

These are all opinions, no matter what they think their pedigree is, and please take them as such. From what I've read, you have been really good with listening to opinions and have made a good guess of what will work in your situation.

Have fun!!!!! That is all this is all about.

I greatly appreciate the advice of any of my "audio elders" including sales reps and vice presidents of major speaker manufacturers who have way more knowledge about these issues than i do. After all i'm no super hard core audiophile genius, industry insider, or electrical engineer. I have a basic knowledge. I have no audiophile ego that needs to be stroked and petted and I and certainly didn't come back to this forum after a long stretch away, just to be validated and gushed over. I only wanted to share my happiness.

I guess its hard sometimes to admit that you might be wrong, especially when you think you know more than you really do and if the A-75 falls flat on its face,
    then your point will be rammed home and validated and I'll deal with it. But If it does work ok.. you'll be hearing from me. Thank you all for your input.

One other thing.. JA @Sterophile never said anything in his review of the S5mkii about the Pass XA60's being unable, as you put it to "wake" them up.
    He actually said on page two ... " I felt that the Magicos' bass was a little too fat with the Pass Labs amps. Substituting MBL Corona C15 monoblocks gave better control of the low frequencies" Please explain how you get "couldn't get Pass XA60 monoblocks to wake up the S5mk2s, from what was actually written?

Interesting that the specs for the MBL's lists
    damping factor as ">100" and the Accuphase A-75 is at "1000". What's even more interesting is the Pass Labs amps damping factor is listed at 150.. slightly greater than the MBL's . I wonder which amp would have better control and elicit better bass response from of the S7?
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Got the good news from Peter Mackay at Magico... My S7's are finished and will be packed and shipped next week!
    Now i'm really excited!

Cool. And they'll be worth about 10% more next week!

p.s. you should be holding-fire on the S7 moniker pic until you take delivery!

Cool. And they'll be worth about 10% more next week!

p.s. you should be holding-fire on the S7 moniker pic until you take delivery!
    Yes..i got a bit ahead of myself so I changed it as you suggested. The next avatar will be a pic of mine.
    I forgot about the price increase in April. Put my order in just in the nick of time.

Finally!... the day has arrived!
    Delivery for my S7's is set for Thursday, 4/18 at 11am. I'll post some pics of the install and set-up.

congratulations Gene

Fantastic speaker

When mine arrived , my dealer said lets plug them in no serious listening for a week

Needless to say , I spent the next 3 hrs listening closely

That said give them time

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    My Pass int-60 with 30 watts class A had no problem with my S3MK2’s with 88db 4 ohms. Meter needle rarely even moved. I know there are other factors that come into play but I think you should be fine. I also called Pass to confirm their compatibility with the Magicos
    When I first got my S3 mk1, I initially used Pass XA30.8 to drive them (I believe XA30.8 is the same as the amp section of INT-60). Meter rarely moved and didn’t feel they were underpowered in any way. Then, out of curiosity I tried Gryphon Diablo 300 (300w 8ohm, 600w 4ohm) and there’s whole another level of dynamics I didn’t know before. YMMV as always.

Finally!... the day has arrived!
    Delivery for my S7's is set for Thursday, 4/18 at 11am. I'll post some pics of the install and set-up.
    Congratulations. New gear is always exciting.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

..Delivery for my S7's...
    What else did you consider before deciding on S7? M3 didn't interest you?

What else did you consider before deciding on S7? M3 didn't interest you?
    From what I had learned I pretty much had my heart set on the S7 from the beginning ,but did give serious consideration to the newer offerings from Sonus faber.
    After the demo, I was satisfied I had made the right decision.
    As far as the M3?...I'll refer you to my answer in post #55.

This hobby is so taste dependent with no absolutes. My S3Mk2’s sound fabulous with my Vac 200iq with 100 watts per channel which replaced an awesome Diablo-300 in my system.
    To my ears tubes are little more musical. YMMV.
    Congrats on your big daddy S series.......they are amongst the top of the food chain.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Well, after a one day delay due to the weather, the S7's are finally in and making beautiful music.
    You really have to see the finish in person to fully appreciate how gorgeous they are. Glad i went with the red.
    I'm told they will need 200-400hrs to full cook. I'm in no hurry.

BTW... The Accuphase A-75 (which i was told would not be a good match,by some) is just fine with the load.
    Plays just as loud ,full and musical as i would want.

IMG_1102.JPG

Audioshark

Well, after a one day delay due to the weather, the S7's are finally in and making beautiful music.
    You really have to see the finish in person to fully appreciate how gorgeous they are. Glad i went with the red.

BTW... The Accuphase A-75 (which i was told would not be a good match,by some) is just fine with the load.

IMG_1102.JPG
    Pretty color. Enjoy in good health.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Now that’s some serious looking room!........
    Hope the little Ming vases on the wall display aren’t too valuable.
    Congrats again and enjoy in good health.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling

Congrats! The S7s look great in your room. Enjoy!

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

IMG_1102.JPG
    Well done! How do they do so close to the front walls? I’ve been considering a pair that due to foot traffic may require similar placement. I always see Magicos set up really far out into the room (from 1/4 to 1/3rd) so this is an intriguing possibility if it’s working for you it may work in my setup as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LUMIN U1 Mini, Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, SR Galileo BNCs, Wireworld Starlight Cat 8, AQ Cinnamon Cat 6 Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Ethernet CAT6, Synergistic Research Galileo UEF Blue Fuse Treated SC, SR L4IC, Shunyata Sigma NR PCs, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2 conditioner, Shunyata EF PC, Magico S3Mk2, Gryphon Diablo 300, Furutech GTX & Oyaide SWO outlets driven by dedicated 30A homerun 10gauge AC lines wired according to MSB Technologies best practices for wiring your house for best power: http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how...or-good-power/.

Quote Originally Posted by owldiscourse View Post
    Well done! How do they do so close to the front walls? I’ve been considering a pair that due to foot traffic may require similar placement. I always see Magicos set up really far out into the room (from 1/4 to 1/3rd) so this is an intriguing possibility if it’s working for you it may work in my setup as well.

The pic is a bit misleading. There actually about 20 inches from the wall . I'm like you i've always seen Magicos placed far out away from room boundaries. Maybe Magicos really are very room friendly and as a consequence give a you greater placement choice and are far easier to set up than you might expect,or have come to believe.That position has always worked for every loudspeaker in that room, as long as i can remember and this makes pair eight. The S7's were actually easier to place than the Strads. All i know is I'm totally pleased ,especially how transparent they are. The Strads ,in comparison ,sounded like a blanket was thrown over them.

Gorgeous set up! Congrats on getting the Magico speakers. I envy your beautiful Accuphase stack. The Accuphase A75 is a beast of an amp! (I know because I have the Accuphase A70, which is similar in specs).
    Anshul

IMG_1102.JPG

Strads. are far from being refered to as a weak link and are now selling for 57 k for the 35 anniversary . I hope you don't regret selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1kw View Post
    I hope you don't regret selling them.
    I really loved my Strads. They served me well for over seven years.
    I hope whomever gets the pleasure of using them will love and cherish them like i did.
    However..somewhat to my amazement and surprise the very moment I heard the S7's in my system ...I forgot all about them.
    I had made the right decision and it was definitely the right time to move on.

Now you can rightly claim that photo in your moniker. Congratulations. If S7 are anywhere similar to my M3, I thought they started to sound very good after 5 hours, but now after 5 months they are something else.

Audioshark

Now you can rightly claim that photo in your moniker. Congratulations. If S7 are anywhere similar to my M3, I thought they started to sound very good after 5 hours, but now after 5 months they are something else.
    Great to hear!
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Super Moderator

I loved my Strads too, but I feel the same way about my Duo XD. I could only imagine how great your system sounds. There is so much wonderful gear available now and so many ways of enjoying music that it amazes me. I love falling into beautiful music at the end of a long day. It makes life better.

I hope whomever gets the pleasure of using them will love and cherish them like i did.
    However..somewhat to my amazement and surprise the very moment I heard the S7's in my system ...I forgot all about them.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I loved my Strads too, but I feel the same way about my Duo XD. I could only imagine how great your system sounds. There is so much wonderful gear available now and so many ways of enjoying music that it amazes me. I love falling into beautiful music at the end of a long day. It makes life better.

You are so right about that, Joe. Music feeds the most important part of us all... the soul

Super Moderator

Amen Gene.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Congrats on your S7. May I ask what are your room dimensions? Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ashandger View Post
    Congrats on your S7. May I ask what are your room dimensions? Many thanks
    Thanks, I'm very pleased with them. My room is 25'L x 15'W x 8'H

Thanks, I'm very pleased with them. My room is 25'L x 15'W x 8'H
    Great, many thanks for the feedback. Guessing the bass in not overloading the room? Enjoy your wonderful new speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by ashandger View Post
    Great, many thanks for the feedback. Guessing the bass in not overloading the room? Enjoy your wonderful new speakers.
    You're quite welcome and thanks! The bass response from the S7's is extraordinary and works without issues in my room.

You're quite welcome and thanks! The bass response from the S7's is extraordinary and works without issues in my room.
    Excellent! Many thanks for the feedback. Happy listening.

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/floorsta.../263-magico-s7

This is pretty cool site, looks like his highest score!

As much as I was captivated and impressed by the sound right out of the crate, its become more evident after having passed the 300 hour mark just
    how much more beautiful the S7's have become. They have simultaneously relaxed and opened up revealing even finer details and harmonic richness.
    I was told to expect great things after some break-in, but this is just ridiculously good sound. The finest I've ever had in my room.
    Anyone contemplating the purchase of any Magico speaker is in for a real sonic treat. You won't regret it for one second.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

From Sonus faber to Magico