From Sonus faber to Magico - Page 8
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: From Sonus faber to Magico

Cool. And they'll be worth about 10% more next week!

p.s. you should be holding-fire on the S7 moniker pic until you take delivery!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    Cool. And they'll be worth about 10% more next week!

p.s. you should be holding-fire on the S7 moniker pic until you take delivery!
    Yes..i got a bit ahead of myself so I changed it as you suggested. The next avatar will be a pic of mine.
    I forgot about the price increase in April. Put my order in just in the nick of time.
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530, A-6, /Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod/ Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 IC,SP, Platimun Electra PC's /Clearaudio Innovation Wood 9" Universal w/My Sonic Lab Ultra Emminent GX, Clearaudio Da Vinci,MCRU Linear PSU / Technics SL-1210GR w/My Sonic Lab Emminent GL/ Stillpoints Ultra SS / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / Nakamichi Dragon/ Synergistic Research Powercell UEF 12SE PLC, Active Ground Block SE, Black Box / Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets, Flux-50 NCF ,20a dedicated line / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Akiko Audio Corelli PLC. Phono booster, Tuning sticks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves,Precision Couplers,Segue ISO,Rollerblock Series 2+ / KLAudio RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix RCM

Post Thanks / Like

Finally!... the day has arrived!
    Delivery for my S7's is set for Thursday, 4/18 at 11am. I'll post some pics of the install and set-up.
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530, A-6, /Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod/ Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 IC,SP, Platimun Electra PC's /Clearaudio Innovation Wood 9" Universal w/My Sonic Lab Ultra Emminent GX, Clearaudio Da Vinci,MCRU Linear PSU / Technics SL-1210GR w/My Sonic Lab Emminent GL/ Stillpoints Ultra SS / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / Nakamichi Dragon/ Synergistic Research Powercell UEF 12SE PLC, Active Ground Block SE, Black Box / Furutech GTX-D NCF outlets, Flux-50 NCF ,20a dedicated line / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Akiko Audio Corelli PLC. Phono booster, Tuning sticks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves,Precision Couplers,Segue ISO,Rollerblock Series 2+ / KLAudio RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix RCM

4. Likes UltraFast69, FDPDK, kzhtoo, Ritmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

congratulations Gene

Fantastic speaker

When mine arrived , my dealer said lets plug them in no serious listening for a week

Needless to say , I spent the next 3 hrs listening closely

That said give them time

6. Likes Gene liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dguitarnut View Post
    My Pass int-60 with 30 watts class A had no problem with my S3MK2ís with 88db 4 ohms. Meter needle rarely even moved. I know there are other factors that come into play but I think you should be fine. I also called Pass to confirm their compatibility with the Magicos
    When I first got my S3 mk1, I initially used Pass XA30.8 to drive them (I believe XA30.8 is the same as the amp section of INT-60). Meter rarely moved and didnít feel they were underpowered in any way. Then, out of curiosity I tried Gryphon Diablo 300 (300w 8ohm, 600w 4ohm) and thereís whole another level of dynamics I didnít know before. YMMV as always.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    Finally!... the day has arrived!
    Delivery for my S7's is set for Thursday, 4/18 at 11am. I'll post some pics of the install and set-up.
    Congratulations. New gear is always exciting.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

9. Thanks Gene thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gene View Post
    ..Delivery for my S7's...
    What else did you consider before deciding on S7? M3 didn't interest you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    What else did you consider before deciding on S7? M3 didn't interest you?
    From what I had learned I pretty much had my heart set on the S7 from the beginning ,but did give serious consideration to the newer offerings from Sonus faber.
    After the demo, I was satisfied I had made the right decision.
    As far as the M3?...I'll refer you to my answer in post #55.

Post Thanks / Like

This hobby is so taste dependent with no absolutes. My S3Mk2’s sound fabulous with my Vac 200iq with 100 watts per channel which replaced an awesome Diablo-300 in my system.
    To my ears tubes are little more musical. YMMV.
    Congrats on your big daddy S series.......they are amongst the top of the food chain.
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Renaissance Mark V Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Fostex Th900 headphones

13. Thanks Gene thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, after a one day delay due to the weather, the S7's are finally in and making beautiful music.
    You really have to see the finish in person to fully appreciate how gorgeous they are. Glad i went with the red.
    I'm told they will need 200-400hrs to full cook. I'm in no hurry.

BTW... The Accuphase A-75 (which i was told would not be a good match,by some) is just fine with the load.
    Plays just as loud ,full and musical as i would want.

IMG_1102.JPG

15. Likes Oly, Mike, Dguitarnut, Ritmo, Sean, maniek34 liked this post

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast