Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Qobuz - who just subscribed?

Jerry says hi. 😱

I did the trial then subscribed last month. I could never get the Windows app to work on my Windows 10 laptop (it constantly froze) and the streaming had clicking sounds (turned out that was due to using the WASAPI version of my MA9000's DAC driver.) All was solved when I tried, then bought, Audivrana Plus--no clicks now that I can use the ASIO version. So, I'm a satisfied customer. I listen to about 95% classical and the rest jazz. Their library for both genres is very impressive, and the audio quality is superb. My only complaints are that some titles or even entire labels are not available in the US, and due to licensing restrictions, not all of the hi-res (24/96-192) play at that resolution--they are 16/44.1.
    B&W803D3; McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp; Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD player; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Sennheiser HD800S and AudezeLCD-XC headphones

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Well my Qobuz trial ends today. On the fence. I have Tidal for me and Spotify for the kids. I don’t want to add a third streaming service. Any firmer opinions on Tidal vs Qobuz? I have a Lumin so MQA is an option. I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Thanks for your thoughts.
    I had Lumin A1 and Tidal. I changed to Qobuz Sublime + and next month I will renew my annual subscription. My listening is 95% classical music.
    Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Taiko Extreme Server / Gryphon Essence Preamplifier and Stereo Amplifier / Rockport Atria I / REL S-812 (2) / Göbel XLR (2), Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / MIT Magnum MA Speakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (4) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Taiko Switch / Paul Hynes SR7T Double Rail / Farad Super3 / Doepke DFS-2 40A / GigaWatt G-C16A 2P / Fuse module AHP 4Gi / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

Nope not me, ended trial as too many artists and albums that I like not available, and I mean lots.

Quote Originally Posted by nonesup View Post
    I had Lumin A1 and Tidal. I changed to Qobuz Sublime + and next month I will renew my annual subscription. My listening is 95% classical music.

Wise move.

The Qobuz classical catalogue is impressive, and their numerous hi-res albums are worth the price of admission.
    Jazz is also very well represented.

I still have both Qobuz and Tidal, but I notice that the gaps in the Qobuz collection, of albums I like that are covered by Tidal and not by Qobuz, are becoming very scarce.
    Apple Carplay works fine for both streaming services now (earlier only for Tidal).

I consider ending my Tidal subscription.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

The US version is still having growing pains with it's licensing but the EU version is every bit Tidal's equal in selection. If the US version selection does not improve by the next renewal date then I will cancel that account and just continue with the EU one.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The US version is still having growing pains with it's licensing but the EU version is every bit Tidal's equal in selection. If the US version selection does not improve by the next renewal date then I will cancel that account and just continue with the EU one.
    Like anything new here in the states you have to give it time. Heck Tidal when it started was missing a whole lot of music, it took a while to get their music from the labels and its classical and jazz is small compared to Qobuz.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

When I get to the Quobuz Player it asks which encoding I want. There's a 2 page list of them. Which am I supposed to select. I live in the USA.

Chris

Understand completely about growing pains and also the problems they be having with the labels in bed with MQA group but fortunately I have had an EU account for over 18 months that I kept active. From all the talk on CA it appears that the Jazz and Classical catalogs are pretty much complete and is everything else from the major labels that is taking the time. So I will just toll the US account until they catch up to the EU catalog and switch over completely as I can get a higher level account in the US for even less money than a basic account in the UK due to the exchange rate and fees from PayPal.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Chris

Understand completely about growing pains and also the problems they be having with the labels in bed with MQA group but fortunately I have had an EU account for over 18 months that I kept active. From all the talk on CA it appears that the Jazz and Classical catalogs are pretty much complete and is everything else from the major labels that is taking the time. So I will just toll the US account until they catch up to the EU catalog and switch over completely as I can get a higher level account in the US for even less money than a basic account in the UK due to the exchange rate and fees from PayPal.
    Jack that is basically what I am doing. Just hanging in there as the get their other catalogs buffed up. I got in on an early show " special for a UK account from someone on here", but some time limit hit about the time the US beta started. So far I'm keeping both Tidal and Qobuz for a while Heck its cheaper than a tank full of gas a few times each month for my truck so why not.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

If the US version selection does not improve by the next renewal date then I will cancel that account and just continue with the EU one.
    If one can get an account from the EU, it should be noted that UK and FR possibly have different catalogue too. A year or two ago I read somebody claim Qobuz FR had access to a larger catalogue than Qobuz UK - I cannot confirm this, however.

(BTW I believe Tidal US has the largest catalogue than any other Tidal region.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I tried. Couldn't get it to work with my LG TV browser. I can get as far as the Qobuz Player and I can see it scroll across but no sound. Tried everything, to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    I tried. Couldn't get it to work with my LG TV browser. I can get as far as the Qobuz Player and I can see it scroll across but no sound. Tried everything, to no avail.
    Got this back from David Craft Qobuz

" I never tested our web player on a smart tv. I think we can launch the application and connect to it but audio playback will not be possible.
    I have no guarantee that the internet browsers embedded in smart TVs have all the features of a traditional browser. Such as audio playback. In addition, since we use FLAC, it is quite possible that the file will not be recognized."

I would advise get you a device that supports Qobuz.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I did.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to give it a test run. I know I'm a little late to the party, but it's a long story
    I just subscribed this morning after going to a friend’s last evening and comparing TIDAL to Quboz. With every song, in our opinion Quboz just sounds better. TIDAL is great, but to my ears Quboz sounds even better. More natural... just an initial impression...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Got this back from David Craft Qobuz

" I never tested our web player on a smart tv. I think we can launch the application and connect to it but audio playback will not be possible.
    I have no guarantee that the internet browsers embedded in smart TVs have all the features of a traditional browser. Such as audio playback. In addition, since we use FLAC, it is quite possible that the file will not be recognized."

I would advise get you a device that supports Qobuz.

By "a device that supports Qobuz" do you mean a new TV?

He means an actual streamer. The cheapest option if you can still find one is a Chromecast but since it's been discontinued by Google there is no guarantee how much they are going to support it in the future. There seem to be quite a few on Ebay both new and used.

By "a device that supports Qobuz" do you mean a new TV?
    Like I passed on, Qobuz at this time is not supporting any smart TV

He means an actual streamer. The cheapest option if you can still find one is a Chromecast but since it's been discontinued by Google there is no guarantee how much they are going to support it in the future. There seem to be quite a few on Ebay both new and used.
    Even a computer with some speakers/headphones with the Qobuz app on the desktop will play files from Qobuz. , Also players like a Lumin, BLuesound, Sonos to name a few

I'm considering subscribing to Qobuz but for all my looking I can't find a listing of the available music in the system.

Can one of you suggest the correct location I have not thought of yet.

Thanks
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Qobuz - who just subscribed?