Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Farewell ...

Super Moderator

Farewell ...

https://vimeo.com/vanessavandy/farewell

http://vimeo.com/vanessavandy/farewell

Last edited by joeinid; February 13, 2019 at 01:55 AM.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Re: Farewell ...

That was really beautiful, Joe. We were very lucky to have had the chance to say goodbye to my Mother in Law last Friday. We spent 4 hours with her in the afternoon as she appeared to be making a comeback, but took a 180 30 minutes after we left. We were all able to get back and be with her until the end. It's tough any way you slice it.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Super Moderator

I’m sorry for your loss, Dan’s, and everyone else here. It’s heartbreaking. I stumbled across this video and thought it appropriate to post it considering the recent news around here.

I’ve never cried so much reading an audio forum. I feel terrible about everyone’s loss but realize we’ll all be reunited one day, in a much better place.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I hear ya, I have not cried this much since my wife's father died 5 years ago. Mine died in 2005 and my mother turned 90 a few months ago and is not far off herself.
    We were lucky to all have been there and been able to say goodbye and how much we loved her. So many people don't get that chance and some have it but don't take it.

Today is the cremation, and just like for my Father in Law, I will be doing the process personally so it is not done by strangers. This act for my FIL was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I hope it is a little easier this afternoon when I push the button for MIL.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Thank you Joe
    Jeff

Main System-Mola Mola Tambaqui-Antipodes K50-WW Plat 8 ic-Esoteric Grandioso S1 Esoteric C-02x Verity Amadis S-Shunyata Triton V3-Shunyata Typhon QRT
    Shunyata AlphaNR V2 for Tambaqui-Elrod Statement Gold for S1, Elrod gold SCs Shunyata Sigma for Triton. Tubulus Concentus I2S.
    Second System: URC streamer-Wadia 151 Power Dac, MIT Speaker Cables, Wilson Audio Watts and REL sub.
    Third System: Denon AVR, URC Controller and network streamer, Netstreams Musica multi room-True Audio ceiling speakers

My mothers passing was one year ago Feb 9th. Boy do I miss her.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Sorry for your loss, Chris. Hopefully with time we can get thru it all.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    My mothers passing was one year ago Feb 9th. Boy do I miss her.
    I’m so sorry Chris. It’s been 7 years for my Dad. Not a day goes by where I don’t miss him. My Mom is still not over it. She needs my help every day. I cherish my time with her. I also realize, especially from everyone here, to savor every day.

NAD C 658 streamer.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Farewell ...