Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark

Gryphon Antileon Evo Review

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-...gryphon-audio/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Re: Gryphon Antileon Evo Review

I listened to the Antileon Evo just before Christmas with Gryphon Scorpio CDP and Gryphon preamp and Magico M3’s. I was definitely impressed. I had never listened to a SS amp that I thought I could live with, but I could definitely live with that amp and never look back. I’m still tempted to bring it home for an audition.
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-twelve Mk2 DAC, Totaldac d1-player, Totaldac d1-streamer, Totaldac Live Power supply
    Pre amp: VAC Master with phono
    Phonostage: ​Constellation Andromeda
    Amps: VAC 200iQ monoblocks
    Speakers: Magico M3 with MPods
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo SX speaker, phono, analog and digital interconnects
    Power products: Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX and Transporter Ultra. Galileo SX and SRX power cords. Keces P3 LPS for cable modem and router.

I listened a lot and attentively to Gryphon Antileon with IL Cremonese.
    This is an amazing bunch! Scene, air and almost live musical instruments! Amazing!

Here is a video from my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz1i-tGprEg&t=59s

This review, as well as Jeff Fritz’s review in soundstageultra a few years ago, nails it. Am obviously biased, but to me the Antileon Evo has it all. Details but a touch of warmth (my tube mates love it), huuuuuuuge soundstage, and more current than you could ever need (transients are mind blowing). The Diablo (which I love) on steroids.

As an aside, I notice on the Gryphon website that the Colosseum is not listed...
    Digital: Innuos Zenith Mk3 Server + MSB Premier DAC with Powerbase
    Amp: Gryphon Pandora + Gryphon Antileon Evo Stereo
    Speakers: Magico S3 MkII
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables
    Power: AQ Niagara 5000 + AQ Tornado power cables
    Headphones (travel): Sennheiser Momentum + Chord Mojo

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by AJR View Post
    This review, as well as Jeff Fritz’s review in soundstageultra a few years ago, nails it. Am obviously biased, but to me the Antileon Evo has it all. Details but a touch of warmth (my tube mates love it), huuuuuuuge soundstage, and more current than you could ever need (transients are mind blowing). The Diablo (which I love) on steroids.

As an aside, I notice on the Gryphon website that the Colosseum is not listed...
    Awesome! Colosseum has been discontinued. My demo is available for sale. PM me if interested.

I’ve got the Mephisto coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Ah. Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Mephisto. From what I can gather it is super, super fast and detailed. Different to the Antileon Evo which is warmer.
    Cables: MIT SL-Matrix 36 XLR interconnect cables + 70 speaker cables; AQ Diamond & Vodka ethernet cables

Will be especially interested to know how the Mephisto pairs with the M3s...

I heard the Antileon Evo with all -Gryphon electronics and Magico M3 speakers at the recent LA Audio Show. Once again, it was AWESOME. My favorite room at the show.
    Analog source: AMG Viella 12; Ortofon Anna cartridge, van den Hul Crimson Stradivarius XGW
    Digital source: Totaldac d1-twelve Mk2 DAC, Totaldac d1-player, Totaldac d1-streamer, Totaldac Live Power supply
    Cables: Synergistic Research Galileo SX speaker, phono, analog and digital interconnects
    Power products: Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX and Transporter Ultra. Galileo SX and SRX power cords. Keces P3 LPS for cable modem and router.

Thanks Dth31. Was the DAC the Kalliope? My bet is that the AE would be a perfect match with the M3. But would love to know what the Mephisto M3 combo sounds like. Mike might be the first...

Quote Originally Posted by Dth31 View Post
    I heard the Antileon Evo with all -Gryphon electronics and Magico M3 speakers at the recent LA Audio Show. Once again, it was AWESOME. My favorite room at the show.
    Apologies - reread your original post.

I thought Diablo 300 is already on steroid Gryphon Antileon Evo Review.

Thanks Dth31. Was the DAC the Kalliope? My bet is that the AE would be a perfect match with the M3. But would love to know what the Mephisto M3 combo sounds like. Mike might be the first...
    I couldn’t remember what the rest of the equipment was at the LA Show, but was able to find it on the distributor’s website. It was the Kalliope Dac, but not the Magico M3’s! The speakers were Magico S5 MkIII’s. Haha, “the room was dark” is my only excuse

I did previously hear the M3’s with the Antileon Evo, but using the Scorpio CDP. Sounded GREAT on the M3’s.

Any Antileon EVO Stereo amp users using the Green Bias link with a Pandora preamp? If yes, please reply as I'm trying to modify the Low/Med/High bias attenuator settings on my Pandora preamp. It switches from Med to High at 27 on the attenuator and I'd like to adjust this so it doesn't go into High bias until an attenuator value of 45 or more.

Thanks,
    Brian ...

Hi i think you should just try to contact Gryphon

Home - The Gryphon

There you can find the contact link in the upper right og the site.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team