Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Anyone with Pass X350.5 or X350.8 in DFW area?

I am looking to see if anyone has a Pass Labs X350.5 or X350.8 in the Dallas area? I would like to try to work out a way to listen to one in my system if possible. Contact me via private message if you might be willing. I have some ideas to compensate for your time.

Re: Anyone with Pass X350.5 or X350.8 in DFW area?

Are you aware of Reno HI-Fi's trial program?

I am aware, but I am looking to buy used to save some $$$. Thanks for the tip though.

Some of the benefits to the amp owner: You can hear your amp in my system and compared to my current amps. I will let you hear my preamp - Pass Labs XP-30 - in your system. I will help you load and unload the Pass amp as I know they are heavy.

Pass Labs XP-30 preamp, McIntosh MC601 amps, Legacy Focus SE speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by elshout View Post
    I am aware, but I am looking to buy used to save some $$$. Thanks for the tip though.
    There is a chance Reno has one of these used or refurbished. That price is about what you would get on Audiogon. They also have Demo units at reduced prices, all with in-home trial periods. I'd check with Mark if you can't easily hear them otherwise.
    Link to my system thread: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa...l-sound.32867/
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Electronics: Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LL1.1 Signature, Lamm ML2
    Speakers: Vitavox CN-191 corner horns
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

Thanks Peter, I may check with Mark. I have been on a waiting list for a trade-in X350.5 for a year and a half with Mark. But I could see what pricing he could do on a demo X350.8.

Quote Originally Posted by elshout View Post
    Thanks Peter, I may check with Mark. I have been on a waiting list for a trade-in X350.5 for a year and a half with Mark. But I could see what pricing he could do on a demo X350.8.
    ‘Did you ever try the X350.8?

I never did get to try the X350.5 or the X350.8. However, I recently purchased a McCormack DNA 500 and am VERY pleased with the amp. I will no longer be looking for a Pass X350.5 or a X350.8. This DNA 500 really works well in my system Pass Labs XP-30 preamp and Legacy Focus SE speakers. It does everything right from top to bottom.

Super Moderator

McCormack makes excellent gear and the DNA 500 amps wonderful. Congratulations!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Anyone with Pass X350.5 or X350.8 in DFW area?