My Sweet Marlene
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My Sweet Marlene

It is with a deeply sad heart that I let you know my sweet Marlene has passed away. A sudden and severe medical condition took her life, bringing to an end our wonderful 31 years together. She was the love of my life and I miss her to the core of my being. It has been almost three weeks since she died. I am just now becoming able to speak of this all consuming loss without shedding tears. My life will never be the same without my sweetheart by my side. This house seems so empty without her presence. I miss my mate so much. I know the passing of time will ease the sorrow, but right now my emotions are susceptible to the slightest things. My prayer is the good Lord will make her comfortable in his House and that she will save me a seat right beside her. May God bless her tender soul.

Forgive me for not responding to any following posts. It is difficult enough to write this thread to let my good friends know what has happened. Please know your thoughts are appreciated.

Dan and Marlene - Panama City Beach, Florida (2015)

Dan

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints Ultra SS & Ultra Mini, PurePower 2000, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario

LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC452, MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205 Signal Sleuth, Sonos Connect, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Sony DAT 60ES, Nakamichi BX-300, Micro Seiki DD40 w/m505A tonearm, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Stillpoints Ultra Mini, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113

VINTAGE - McIntosh 4300V, McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, JBL 4312A

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Sweet Marlene

Dan,

My deepest sympathy is headed your way. So sorry for your loss.

Not to take away from your grieving, but we just lost my mother in law on Friday night and I have been crying ever since.

I hope you can find some peace and happiness in between the loneliness.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dan,

Oh God, I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes. I feel terrible about Marlene. We don’t realize how fragile life is until it’s too late.

May God bless you too.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    Dan,

My deepest sympathy is headed your way. So sorry for your loss.

Not to take away from your grieving, but we just lost my mother in law on Friday night and I have been crying ever since.

I hope you can find some peace and happiness in between the loneliness.
    I’m so sorry for your loss Brian. My deepest sympathy.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, McIntosh MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12

5. Thanks Shadowfax thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan and Family, Thoughts and Prayers; it was clear she was extremely Important in your Life!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3’s & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for Gigafoil v4, modem, routers, switches & Stillpoints.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

7. Thanks NorthStar thanked for this post
    Likes NorthStar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan

My deepest sympathy goes out to you. I cannot imagine the emotions you have been dealing with since her passing.

Please know that our thoughts are with you in this most difficult of times.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsmapler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you during this most difficult time. I can’t imagine. Please take care of yourself and know we are all thinking of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean

Oppo 203, Lumin D2, McIntosh MA252, AAD M5, Shunyata Research Venom PC/IC/SC, APC H15

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,

I lost my wife of 44 years 5/17.

It still hurts everyday.

Try to stay strong and focus on all the good times you and Marlene had together.

Dan

Post Thanks / Like

Dan , i am so sad to hear about your loss. I wish you and the family all the best.
    Flemming

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    I'm sorry to read about the loss of your beloved Marlene. May God help heal your heart and soul until you are reunited with Marlene again.

Mark
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast