Hello guys!!! - Page 5
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello guys!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello guys!!!

What an awesome young man we have as a new member. I just watched the Johnny Rivers video and I am smiling.

Ryan, you remind me of a young boy who was local to me named Eric Steckel. Look up some of his videos.

Keep up the fine work!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System - Rotel 1072 > VAC CLA1 MKII > Couterpoint NPS-400 > Clearfield Continentals > Synergistic Cables
    Secondary
    - OPPO 93 >
    Hafler 945 Pre-Tuner > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

2. Thanks TigerTEAC thanked for this post
    Likes TigerTEAC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post
    What an awesome young man we have as a new member. I just watched the Johnny Rivers video and I am smiling.

Ryan, you remind me of a young boy who was local to me named Eric Steckel. Look up some of his videos.

Keep up the fine work!
    Thank you for the compliment on me being kind! I love Johnny Rivers, met him 2 times, and he remembered me the 2nd time. He thinks I look like his grandson. I'll check out Eric Steckel. I will keep up the fine work!
    Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Great deals. You are well on your way to being a smart buyer. In my earlier experience, I bought with my heart not my head. I’m a little smarter now but still love the thrill of the chase.
    I agree with every word you say there Mr. Joe. You have to be a smart and responsible buyer if you want to succeed. Same thing with life. You have to be responsible in order to have an organized life.
    Ryan.

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

5. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid, Shadowfax liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowfax View Post

Keep up the fine work!
    Hi, I'm taking a break from homeschooling for lunch. I adjusted my bias level a little on my TEAC, and it REALLY helped hiss and volume level. I'll post a recording I made with the new volume levels tonight.
    Ryan.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC275VI, MC452, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

8. Likes TigerTEAC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!
    It's very cool! The song I used was "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

That is an awesome song, so many layers and so much detail if you really listen.
    Joe

Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, MC275VI, MC452, MC303, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Pass XA25, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2,
    McIntosh MCLK12

11. Likes TigerTEAC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cool!
    Do you know why some 70s and 80s recordings sound canned? The answer is: 30 IPS. You know, 2" tape was your main format from 1970-1989. The wider the tape, the more the friction, and do you know what friction makes? Noise! So they had to run 30 IPS to reduce noise!
    Ryan.

13. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That is an awesome song, so many layers and so much detail if you really listen.
    They overdubbed their choir aahs 100+ times using 5 24 track 2" machines, tons of splicing and tape loops. Do you know why there's a kick drum in the beginning? To cover up the blips caused by splicing. Fun fact.
    Ryan.

15. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTEAC View Post
    Do you know why some 70s and 80s recordings sound canned? The answer is: 30 IPS. You know, 2" tape was your main format from 1970-1989. The wider the tape, the more the friction, and do you know what friction makes? Noise! So they had to run 30 IPS to reduce noise!
    Ryan.

I never thought about that, makes perfect sense.

I remember my dad let me use his Sony reel to reel and I loved it. Then I got into beta Hi-Fi for my recording. Sounded great.
    Joe

McIntosh MCLK12

17. Thanks TigerTEAC thanked for this post
    Likes TigerTEAC liked this post

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast