Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Hi from Dave

Hi from Dave

Please call me Dave, not 'Daudio', thanks!

I'm a recent refugee from the top-down troll & bully playground that used to be called CA. Took me 8 years there to learn better (well there were/are a few good folks there). Now I look forward to contributing to what I hope is an oasis of sanity and civility in the online audio world.

I spent my career in various aspects of the computer industry, so have enough tech merit badges, if that means anything, to anyone. In 1977 I became an audiophile thanks to some fine people at a local audio salon (ARC, Quad, Magnapan, etc). Most of the years since then I've pursued this hobby to a greater or lesser degree. Since late 2010, I've been building my digital audio music library and playback source, and quite enjoy this new frontier.

While I aspire to high end audio performance, my budget demands some creativity and a smidgen of compromise (don't we all?). Learning fine price/performance gear, buying used, "less is more", and some DIY have achieved an affordable sound quality I'm not ashamed to demo to anyone.

I've belonged to a number of audio clubs over the years, through all have since fallen by the wayside, which have enhanced my knowledge of audio and music. I guess I see online audio forums as similar (when they actually work socially and educationally).

A few little quirks about me: I like electrostatic speakers (Acoustat !!), and thus save myself billions of brain cells not having to learn about 6 million different box speakers ! Also try to build simplicity of path into my audio systems, while addressing the important details like clean power, cable dressing, vibration control, and such.

Musically I'm a bit odd. I have happily pursued many different music genres throughout my life (some maybe not so 'respectable'). I taught myself classical in the late '80s through two fine radio stations and lucky choices at Peaches Records (Argo, EMI, L'oiseau-Lyre, etc.). I don't listen to it so much since I (belatedly) moved to CD's, then digital. I didn't realize that for many years, but my system is now up to the task, I just have to catch up...

Since the turn of this century my preferred music has been various types of Electronic music (ambient, chill, downtempo, trance, techno). I love the new timbres, sounds, combinations, creativity, and almost endless sources of new music. And surprisingly, it can be often be quite challenging of a good audio system !

So, Hi, and hope to be getting to know you better soon,

Dave
    Analog: modded Yamaha PX-2, Denon DL-103r, MFA Magus preamp, Mogami/Vampire/DIY cables
    Digital: Firewire ext. HDD, modded Mac Mini server, Intona/Regen/Curious USB chain, (3x)ultralow noise LPSUs
    2-channel: Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Crown XLS2500, Acoustat Spectra 3300, (2x)Velodyne 12" servo subs
    Other: OPPO BDP-103, DIY and Nordost Blue Heaven cables, all speakers and gear floated on DIY rollerblocks

Super Moderator

Re: Hi from Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Hi Dave, Dave here, Welcome aboard !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Hi Dave...welcome aboard.
    Paul

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
    Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
    Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
    Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
    Music Server: Aurender N100H
    Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
    SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
    Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
    AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.

Audioshark

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

I was going to welcome you until I read the disparaging remark about CA. Oh well, who cares. Welcome aboard.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Hello and welcome aboard!
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Hi Dave,

Welcome to AudioShark! I’m a planar speaker fan too, although I own dynamic speakers now because that’s what sounds best in my listening room. I used to own a killer pair of Apogee Duetta Signature’s back in the day.

Best,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Welcome! You’ll find this place unlike any others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
    Since the turn of this century my preferred music has been various types of Electronic music (ambient, chill, downtempo, trance, techno). I love the new timbres, sounds, combinations, creativity, and almost endless sources of new music. And surprisingly, it can be often be quite challenging of a good audio system !
    I too find Electronic music is quite challenging for any audio system. It has taken me years. I wouldn’t say it’s there 100% just yet, but music now flows with ease, coherency and gobs of dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    I too find Electronic music is quite challenging for any audio system. It has taken me years. I wouldn’t say it’s there 100% just yet, but music now flows with ease, coherency and gobs of dynamics.
    Hi, kzhtoo. We are never 100% there. It is almost by definition
    Any particular kind of Electronica you like ?
    Analog: modded Yamaha PX-2, Denon DL-103r, MFA Magus preamp, Mogami/Vampire/DIY cables
    Digital: Firewire ext. HDD, modded Mac Mini server, Intona/Regen/Curious USB chain, (3x)ultralow noise LPSUs
    2-channel: Benchmark DAC2 HGC, Crown XLS2500, Acoustat Spectra 3300, (2x)Velodyne 12" servo subs
    Other: OPPO BDP-103, DIY and Nordost Blue Heaven cables, all speakers and gear floated on DIY rollerblocks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Hi Dave, Dave here, Welcome aboard !
    Love your picture of the Mickey Mouse turntable ! When I was very young, my sisters and I got a small plastic turntable and a 33rpm LP with pop hits like "Rock Around the Clock" for Christmas. Great memories and possibly my first exposure to transistor sound

Last year I tried finding them through an extensive Google search, but failed...

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Daudio View Post
    Hi, kzhtoo. We are never 100% there. It is almost by definition
    Any particular kind of Electronica you like ?
    Trance, House and Techno.

Welcome aboard Mr. Dave!

welcome Dave !
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Hi from Dave