PS Audio Retires DSJ
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

PS Audio Retires DSJ

DirectStream Junior End of Life

At this time, the DirectStream Junior DAC has entered end of life. We can no longer produce any black DSJs.

Limited quantities of DSJs in silver are available - please contact us for details. Due to the limited number of units available, there will not be any special close out deals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bryston, Chord, Constellation Audio, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, iFi Audio, ISO Acoustics, JL Audio, KEF Loudspeakers, KL Audio Record Cleaning Machines, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, PS Audio, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SRA, Stein Music, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PS Audio Retires DSJ

Mike I just spoke to James at PS Audio in Sales and he said they have no plans to stop making a silver DSJ. Hum
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CPP View Post
    Mike I just spoke to James at PS Audio in Sales and he said they have no plans to stop making a silver DSJ. Hum
    Either way, I'm glad I just purchased mine.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

4. Likes CPP liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn’t the DSJ model only a couple of years old?

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

My impression was that the DSJr was a big seller. Surprising that they would retire such a popular model. But then again, I was surprised when Oppo closed shop.
    Gary
    Accuphase E-650; Lumin A1; Accuphase DAC-50; Roon; Shunyata Delta NR; Wireworld SC; JLA F112v2; Tannoy Canterbury GR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oly View Post
    My impression was that the DSJr was a big seller. Surprising that they would retire such a popular model. But then again, I was surprised when Oppo closed shop.
    They are not making the black, they are still making the silver DSJ
    Chris

(2 Chl): Kef 201/2, Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Isn’t the DSJ model only a couple of years old?
    Yes, and it can be upgraded via software.
    Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, Zesto Andros 1.2 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

Well now Scott at PS notes all colors of the DSJ are discounted, so when their gone their gone.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Well now Scott at PS notes all colors of the DSJ are discounted, so when their gone their gone.
    There are certain key components that they no longer have access to, or want to manufacture, ( due to prohibitive cost) so they decided to discontinue the JR.....and they have adequate replacement parts should something break.....however, and the good news, any future software updates to the Senior will be carried over to the JR....
    So while the JR. is discontinued when parts are exhausted, they will continue to get better via software updates....
    Cheers....
    INDUSTRY AFFILIATION: OWNER/PRESIDENT OF
    QUINTESSENCE ACOUSTICS
    www.quintessenceacoustics.com