Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Stillpoints

Stillpoints

Stillpoints - who’s using them ? What model and on what component
    Paul

Stillpoints

Hi Paul,

Impressive collection.

I am not a complete fanboy anymore, but still have a couple.

Pro: under power filter and amps they calm down the sound a bit, I find.
    Con: tried them under Magico LS, and while the sound got a bit fuller, it also lost some of its definition. So I removed them.

PM me if you are selling some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Lyra Etna Lambda SL MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Brinkmann Edison mk2 phono + RöNT II Tube PS/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist mk2/ Audionet Humboldt/ Cardas Clear Beyond ICs/ Kharma DB9-S 1.1 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata Alpha power (HC, Analogue, Digital)/ Finite Elemente Pagode Rack/ Stillpoints Ultra SS/ Vicoustic panels + Stillpoints Aperture II.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Linn Klimax DS3/ Shunyata Power cable/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Re: Stillpoints

I incorporate Stillpoints into my system and have experienced the ups and downs with them.

They have tightened sound, they have lost sound.

My speakers lost a great deal of midrange so went back to OEM spikes and it was back in spades.

Currently I use Ultra 6 and Ultra SS under my DAC, power distribution, and even tried Ultra SS on the audio network switch but not sure the benefit under the switch.

Recommend to try and see what they do for you as no room and ears are alike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I incorporate Stillpoints into my system and have experienced the ups and downs with them.

They have tightened sound, they have lost sound.

My speakers lost a great deal of midrange so went back to OEM spikes and it was back in spades.
    I also was really shocked at how bad the Ultra 5s sounded on my speakers. Bass disappeared and midrange was overemphasized. Back to spikes.

I used a Stillpoints component stand under various different electronics including a Gryphon Diablo integrated amplifier and a Kondo Overture II integrated amplifier.

Though very highly rated in reviews, I ended up replacing Stillpoints with Nordost Sort Kones and Ansuz Darkz footers. This improved the mid-range, overall resolution and the sound stage scale.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Banned

Attached Images Attached Images

Under the DAC, am I seeing 6 SS’s in 3 positions?

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Banned

No, I have 3 SS under my DAC. (You are seeing a reflection in the black granite)
    I have 4 SS (with bases) under each 600lb speaker.
    I have 3 SS under each of my Ayre MXR mono amps.
    And 3 mini's under my Mac-mini, power source, and power conditioner.

Sold mine....

Quote Originally Posted by FRO View Post
    No, I have 3 SS under my DAC. (You are seeing a reflection in the black granite)
    I have 4 SS (with bases) under each 600lb speaker.
    I have 3 SS under each of my Ayre MXR mono amps.
    And 3 mini's under my Mac-mini, power source, and power conditioner.
    Ok, thank you, the reflection explains this

They’re under my L/R speakers, and my mono blocks. I have iso pucks under my center channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preamp/Digital: Meitner MA3
    HT Processor: Bryston SP3
    Amps: Bryston 14b3, Bryston 4b3
    Speakers: Kef Reference 5, Kef Reference 4c
    Sub: REL Carbon Special
    Power: Shunyata Denali, Bryston BIT15
    Wires: Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR & SC, Ethernet - WW Platinum USB
    Other: Stillpoint Ultra SS, ISO-Acoustics ISO Pucks

-Kyle

As I have noted in the past. If you like them, I believe you. If you don't like them, I believe you.

I installed some in my system and left them in for about three to four weeks. I like what they did. I then removed them and again liked what I heard. I sold all but the mini's I placed under my sonicTransporter on a closet shelf.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

not the hot footer of the month anymore
    Brinkmann Bardo w/ EMT HSD-006 cart, MSB Reference DAC --> Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL --> Ampzilla 2000, 2nd Edition --> Fyne Audio F1-12

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    not the hot footer of the month anymore
    I believe that we get so accustomed to our systems that at times any initial change sounds good. On occasion I have found that going back to a previous baseline will again appeal to our ears. For the most part we know when A is better than B or C. There are other times just changing something has us listening closer for a period of time and we think it must be better. Just one guys opinion.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Stillpoints