Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Magico S7 update?

Is there any news about Magico updating the S7 to a S7 Mk II?

The S7 was originally released way back on Apr 7, 2015.

Super Moderator

Re: Magico S7 update?

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Welcome to the forum.

If they were to update, people would bellyache they are updating too fast.

If they don’t update, people say they need to update.

They can’t win.

No word on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Not sure the S7 could get any better
    Wonderful speaker

Technology always improves and move ahead. Note the many 'Mk II' models appearing throughout the Magico lines.

Quote Originally Posted by gardener1 View Post
    Not sure the S7 could get any better
    Wonderful speaker
    I totally agree. I listened to them with Spectral components and the top-of-the-line MIT loom and they sounded just about perfect. Not sure what they could do to make them better aside from turning them into the M Series.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Very true.
    Often the S7 gets overlooked
    Very happy with mine

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    I totally agree. I listened to them with Spectral components and the top-of-the-line MIT loom and they sounded just about perfect. Not sure what they could do to make them better aside from turning them into the M Series.

Ken
    Ha ha
    Vandersteen very special as well
    Would love to hear the Model7 "Mk2"

Quote Originally Posted by gardener1 View Post
    Ha ha
    Vandersteen very special as well
    Would love to hear the Model7 "Mk2"
    Thanks, I’ve been extremely happy with them. They do a great job of getting the timbres right and delivering the music in a very relaxed and non-fatiguing way. They are not large speakers and manage to disappear in my room both visually and sonically. The bass foundation is just extraordinary with the dual 12” adjustable powered subwoofers in each speaker. It’s the first time I’ve ever been able to nail the bass in my room with the half dozen speakers I’ve owned.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I at least think that skytop makes a valid question , also knowing that people on here loves Magico
    as there has been many MKII on other Magico models , so why not the S7 !!!!
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

A couple of years ago, I was invited to Magico to hear the S7. Alon started by playing an S5 then switched to the S7. While listening to the S5 I commented that it sounded just like my S5. The point being my S5 is in the living room, not a dedicated, acoustically quiet room.

Anyway, the S7 was better than the S5, but only a little better. I didn't feel it was twice as good to justify the twice as high price.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Magico S7 update?

If I remember correctly, S7 is what started the whole S series mk2 generation in terms of technology used, so it sounds more similar to mk2 series than the original S series.

S7 tweeter is the same 1” diamond coated Be as S5 mk2. Same midrange nano-tec cone driver and bass aluminum cone driver as well. But S5 mk2 does have convex shape top plate that S7 does not have.

I was also told no updates planned for the Magico S7 speakers last time I asked.
    Neko Audio
    Authorized Dealer: AC Infinity, APC, Audeze, Bryston, Devialet, Elite HTS, Fortress Seating, JMF Audio, JVC, Kaleidescape, LG, LUMIN, Magico, Ortofon, RME, Samsung, Soulution, STAX, Trinnov, Vivid Audio, Weiss & more.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    If I remember correctly, S7 is what started the whole S series mk2 generation in terms of technology used, so it sounds more similar to mk2 series than the original S series.

S7 tweeter is the same 1” diamond coated Be as S5 mk2. Same midrange nano-tec cone driver and bass aluminum cone driver as well. But S5 mk2 does have convex shape top plate that S7 does not have.
    +1

The only thing the S7 is missing is a convex top. I was actually surprised they didn't launch an updated S7 shortly after the S3 mk 2 and S5 mk 2 were introduced. That is a shame, as the convex top would make the speaker much better looking (it is amazing how such a small detail can change the looks) and at the same time, would not aggravate the current owners too much (as performence wise, not much would change, if anything).

Right now it is probably too late ... but who knows. They wouldn't tell in advance anyway.
    Adam

Speakers: Magico M3
    Amp: Dagostino Momentum Stereo
    Digital: Lampi Horizon + Lampi DSD Komputer

Quote Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
    +1

The only thing the S7 is missing is a convex top. I was actually surprised they didn't launch an updated S7 shortly after the S3 mk 2 and S5 mk 2 were introduced. That is a shame, as the convex top would make the speaker much better looking (it is amazing how such a small detail can change the looks) and at the same time, would not aggravate the current owners too much (as performence wise, not much would change, if anything).

Right now it is probably too late ... but who knows. They wouldn't tell in advance anyway.
    Maybe they will offer a convex top upgrade kit for existing owners? Wonder what that would cost? $20k, $30k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LUMIN U1 Mini, Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, SR Galileo BNCs, Wireworld Starlight Cat 8, AQ Cinnamon Cat 6 Synergistic Research Atmosphere X Ethernet CAT6, Synergistic Research Galileo UEF Blue Fuse Treated SC, SR L4IC, Shunyata Sigma NR PCs, Shunyata Denali 6000S v2 conditioner, Shunyata EF PC, Magico S3Mk2, Gryphon Diablo 300, Furutech GTX & Oyaide SWO outlets driven by dedicated 30A homerun 10gauge AC lines wired according to MSB Technologies best practices for wiring your house for best power: http://www.msbtechnology.com/faq/how...or-good-power/.

They could do a carbon fiber top cap that retrofits on existing S7, but that wouldn't be enough to earn a Mk2 label.

Quote Originally Posted by NekoAudio View Post
    I was also told no updates planned for the Magico S7 speakers last time I asked.
    ... And you may never see one because to those that own and get to appreciate there excellent qualities, it's just about perfect. (I suspect Alon Wolf thinks so,too...even with out a fancy new top)
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Magico S7 update?