GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter - Page 44
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Yes, 2.5 to 2.5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Has upgrading the DC cable made a difference in your system?
    Bud
    Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin X1 Audiophile Streaming Platform W/L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Chord Super Sarum IC's - Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributor - Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Has upgrading the DC cable made a difference in your system?
    It was a cumulative addition, so I don’t know to exactly what degree, but if the question calls for a yes or no answer, I would answer yes under the principle:

- OEM cable is no different than any other OEM in terms of gauge, sleeve and termination quality.

- The AC power cable is very much noticeable, and using this theory the DC cable has to contribute.

- For the money, Ghent’s $45.00 with Oyaide connectors is well worth it in build quality alone. Why spend all that money to have an inferior connection cable

Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

It was a cumulative addition, so I don’t know to exactly what degree, but if the question calls for a yes or no answer, I would answer yes under the principle:

- OEM cable is no different than any other OEM in terms of gauge, sleeve and termination quality.

- The AC power cable is very much noticeable, and using this theory the DC cable has to contribute.

- For the money, Ghent’s $45.00 with Oyaide connectors is well worth it in build quality alone. Why spend all that money to have an inferior connection cable

I agree. I may get two cables. I'd like to connect the Keces to my (12V) Lumin L1 as well.
    Bud
    Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin X1 Audiophile Streaming Platform W/L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Chord Super Sarum IC's - Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributor - Ansuz Mainz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered one of the shielded versions to see how it goes. I can try it with both the Gigafoil and Lumin L1.
    Bud

5. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I may get two cables. I'd like to connect the Keces to my (12V) Lumin L1 as well.
    I ordered two GhentAudio Gotham GAC DC cables with the JSSG shielding for use with my Keces P3, both with straight Oyaide 2.1mm connectors. They will get here...some time...they've been sitting at the Post Office in China waiting to be shipped out for 5 days now.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that the Gigafoil, Keces, Ghent PC cable and my new Ethernet cables have cumulatively brought a more expansive soundstage and separation of individual instruments to my system. Very pleased with these purchases.
    Main system - Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100 with Stillpoint minis, MC2301s with Stillpont Ultra SS footers, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Ultra SS, Cybershaft Limited OP17 Master Clock on Stillpoint Minis, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 & Alpha USB Cables, Silenzio by E - Silent PC Media Server, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3, Supra Cat 8+ and Revelation Audio Ethernet cables, Synology NAS. JL Audio CR-1 crossover, JL audio F-113v2 subwoofer, PS Audio P10, Dectet, Power Ports and Noise Harvesters - Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker cables, Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and Silver Elektra 7 PCs, Vicoustics, GIK & Stillpoint Room treatments. Three dedicated 20 Amp lines

TV Room - Revel F52, C32, B&W LM1, McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC7106, OPPO 103, Sonos Connect / W4S Remedy

Resting - Infinity RS IIa

8. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    I ordered two GhentAudio Gotham GAC DC cables with the JSSG shielding for use with my Keces P3, both with straight Oyaide 2.1mm connectors. They will get here...some time...they've been sitting at the Post Office in China waiting to be shipped out for 5 days now.
    I thought both the Keces P3 and Gigafoil were 2.5mm.
    Bud

Post Thanks / Like

I thought both the Keces P3 and Gigafoil were 2.5mm.
    They are. I just received my Ghent 2.5-2.5 to connect the P3 to the Gigafoil.
    Main system - Sonus Faber Stradivari, McIntosh C1100 with Stillpoint minis, MC2301s with Stillpont Ultra SS footers, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Ultra SS, Cybershaft Limited OP17 Master Clock on Stillpoint Minis, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 & Alpha USB Cables, Silenzio by E - Silent PC Media Server, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3, Supra Cat 8+ and Revelation Audio Ethernet cables, Synology NAS. JL Audio CR-1 crossover, JL audio F-113v2 subwoofer, PS Audio P10, Dectet, Power Ports and Noise Harvesters - Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker cables, Silver Eclipse 7 ICs and Silver Elektra 7 PCs, Vicoustics, GIK & Stillpoint Room treatments. Three dedicated 20 Amp lines

TV Room - Revel F52, C32, B&W LM1, McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC7106, OPPO 103, Sonos Connect / W4S Remedy

Resting - Infinity RS IIa

11. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34 39 40 41 42 43 44