GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter - Page 43
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    Hi Steve,
    So what/where is the router in your configuration? Its not clear to me. Is it the Airport Extreme?

I'd also recommend using a linear power supply for the switch if it is using an SMPS presently. Good and affordable ones can be obtained from Jameco in a range of voltages for approximately $11.

Thanks,
    Stephen aka PC
    Yes it is the Extreme. Ethernet from the modem to Airport Extreme and ethernet back to the switch. Good idea on the Jameco..see if it makes a difference before going hog wild on pricey LPS's. The one negative of networking audio is the myriad of power supplies. A tangled web!
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    When I first installed the Gigafoil, I experienced poor sound. I took the Gigafoil and it's power cord completely out of the circuit and everything was fine. I put it back and it was great. Then I replaced my Cisco switch with the AQVOX and it's even better.
    I can't explain it There are some differences in cable dressing and I plugged the Gigafoil into a different place in the power strip.
    Frustrating right? I have been eyeing better switches...
    I do have a battery supply ready for the gigafoil....just waiting on the correct cable..no idea if it will make a difference

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by triodesteve View Post
    Frustrating right? I have been eyeing better switches...
    I do have a battery supply ready for the gigafoil....just waiting on the correct cable..no idea if it will make a difference
    I just had Mike order a Keces P3 LPS for the Gigafoil. i should probably leave well enough alone but I'm a longtime member of what Nelson Pass called the Audiophile lunatic fringe. I'll get a new device and sit and listen to see how it sounds with the the best recorded tracks I have. Once I've done that I'll go back to listening to my favorite music that was recorded in the 30's and 40's. When that happens, the convenience of the Naim Nova trumps the magnificent sound of the Lumin X1 in importance.
    Bud
    Naim SN2 Integrated Amp - Naim NDX2 Streamer/DAC - Naim HiCap DR Power Supply - Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz D2 DIN IC - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

4. Likes UltraFast69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GigaFoil v4 Inline Ethernet Filter

I just had Mike order a Keces P3 LPS for the Gigafoil. i should probably leave well enough alone but I'm a longtime member of what Nelson Pass called the Audiophile lunatic fringe. I'll get a new device and sit and listen to see how it sounds with the the best recorded tracks I have. Once I've done that I'll go back to listening to my favorite music that was recorded in the 30's and 40's. When that happens, the convenience of the Naim Nova trumps the magnificent sound of the Lumin X1 in importance.
    You will want to consider upgrading the AC and DC cable(s) on the P3.

Ghent is an excellent source and starting at $45.00 for an Oyaide cable and termination you’ll see why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post

Ghent is an excellent source and starting at $45.00 for an Oyaide cable and termination you’ll see why.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. I had planned to use a spare LFD PC but hadn't thought about the DC cable.
    Bud
    Naim SN2 Integrated Amp - Naim NDX2 Streamer/DAC - Naim HiCap DR Power Supply - Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz D2 DIN IC - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Could you tell me which specific Ghent DC cable I'll need to connect the Keces P3 with the Gigafoil. Does the Gigafoil take a 2.1? What about the Keces?

Thanks..
    Bud

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the cable I need to connect the Keces P3 to the Gigafoil?
    DC02 Oyaide 2.1G---2.5G Canare-4S6 DC Cable
    Bud

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the cable I need to connect the Keces P3 to the Gigafoil?
    DC02 Oyaide 2.1G---2.5G Canare-4S6 DC Cable
    Hello

Keces P3 is 2.5MM to Gigafoil 2.5MM, if you get 2.1 you will need to use the included Keces adapter:

I started with:

DC-4S6G - 1M $45.00 - This adds OFC Copper for a $6.00 more

Moved to:

DC-GAC4 - Gotham - 1M $85.00 OFC, nicely shielded

And would consider:

DC-7N16C - Solid Core, 1M $139.00

Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Keces P3 is 2.5MM to Gigafoil 2.5MM, if you get 2.1 you will need to use the included Keces adapter:

I started with:

DC-4S6G - 1M $45.00 - This adds OFC Copper for a $6.00 more

Moved to:

DC-GAC4 - Gotham - 1M $85.00 OFC, nicely shielded

And would consider:

DC-7N16C - Solid Core, 1M $139.00

So they are both 2.5. That was actually my question. I'll have a look at what you bought.
    Thanks
    Bud

Post Thanks / Like

So they are both 2.5. That was actually my question. I'll have a look at what you bought.
    Thanks
    Yes, 2.5 to 2.5

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast